What's new

Bangladesh is getting 24 YAK-130, 6 Mi-17 Helicopter and 480 ATGM

first of all learn some manners and when indian ppl comes in bd thread is just for trolling nothing new . like i said there is no business of you what bd purchase or not! mr. dirty mouth none wants your suggestion here like lahat .somehow these indians are more zionist than the israelis . btw are you paid by mosad?and now you are getting on my nerve . we dont prefer akas or astar 15 . its bd not india . stop your bs here . bd has already deal with the china and we are getting hq 9 .you have zero idea about bd doctrin. now stop trolling and stop indian and isralei products publicity . nobody wants them here :angry: .can some one boot this guy?
well,thats the problem when you got a member with zero tech knowledge..do you see others have any problem with my post??and any member here can comment on any country's purchase.we're here to discuss..unless you've other things to say against my quote,then F**k off.

I gave the Su-30 as an example. The Yak-130 is capable of simulating the likes of F-16, F-15 and even the F-35.

Ask yourself, can you fly a 747 after just reading a manual? :no:

SAMs are good, but they have limitations. Any air force would need trainers. Heck, even the USAF use simple trainers. Does that mean they are vulnerable from the Russians? A trainer and fighter are not the same. Trainers are vital to make any air force sustainable.

Another thing is that those Yaks are not only meant to replace BAF's aging fleet of trainers, but also replace the aging A-5's. This partly explains why BAF ordered in such a significant quantity.

Those A-5's were meant for CAS, and so would the Yaks. However, I never really understood BAF's need for CAS aircraft given their current inventory and operational setup.

For CAS aircraft to be able to perform their operations, the air force must be able to achieve total air superiority over the enemy. Otherwise, they are toast. We'd never see A-10's being sent out first in a traditional war theater. Those A-5's were bought back in the 80's during Ershad-era if I'm not mistaken. So that leaves me with some question marks.

As far as India goes, I don't think they would simply jump in and start randomly bombing Bangladesh. Otherwise, all that money spent on Bollywood propaganda would go up in smoke. Why do you think there's all this tight-lipped conspiracy in light of the things going on in Bangladesh? It is specifically because of that vulnerability.

For Bangladesh, there are "other" kinds of warfare. One just gotta be creative. One can actually contain them without firing a single bullet.

My simple question was could you show a plan where Bangladesh is opting for 4 - 4+ gen fighter? You did not have answer for the question, instead you are trying to justify Yak (and 24 of these) with all the reasons under the sun.

idune quote: Better yet do you know of way of airborne BAF fighter under indian air supremacy? Meaning BAF fighters will be targeted before they can effectively take off and face indian threat in the sky. Until and unless Bangladesh buys effective means like S-300 and BM-30 type of systems to keep indian airforce at bay and provide breathing room for BAF to take off and engage, all these Yaks are worthless when it comes down to real threat.

Loki's response: Bangladesh will never win a battle of attrition against India. The Israelis never fought that way against the Arabs during the Arab-Israeli wars.

S-300's and BM-30's would not pose any real threat to them other than a bunch of whiners.

If "Bangladesh will never win a battle of attrition against India" is your thinking then all of these purchase are just waste, aren't it?

Well for "battle of attrition", let me give you another better example, Soviet Union much powerful than india ever will be invaded Afghanistan and result of that "battle of attrition" is history now. That would be good example to look into rather than living in indian submission.

In my statement I have clearly identified BAF operating under hostile indian air supremacy. In such situation, it will NOT BE ABOUT posing threat, it will be about throttling and thwarting indian offensive. Perhaps, you need to go back and reconsider who is whining.

My simple question was could you show a plan where Bangladesh is opting for 4 - 4+ gen fighter? You did not have answer for the question, instead you are trying to justify Yak with all the reasons under the sun.

If "Bangladesh will never win a battle of attrition against India" is your thinking then all of these purchase are just waste, aren't it?

Well for "battle of attrition", let me give you another better example, Soviet Union much powerful than india ever will be invaded Afghanistan and result of that "battle of attrition" is history now. That would be good example to look into rather than living in indian submission.

In my statement I have clearly identified BAF operating under hostile indian air supremacy. In such situation, it will NOT BE ABOUT posing threat, it will be about throttling and thwarting indian offensive. Perhaps, you need to go back and reconsider who is whining.

Page 10 of the Magazine.Interview with Air Marshal Ziaur Rahman says Bangladesh was studying F16,Gripen and Su30 and should have reached a decision by early 2013.Since Bangladesh bought Yak130 I think Russia is the way Bangladesh is going!

dude,you guys have Mig-29.and some members suggest that Su-30 will be coming to BD too.it is nothing to do with Yak-130 purchase.Yak-130 will enable BAF to train better pilots and far superior way.4th gen will come to BAF eventually,as BD members are saying that F-7s are just for stop gap measures..

as for S-300, BM-30, Mi-28--sure BAF will purchase them.but is BD's defence budget is large enough to buy as well as maintain these costly platforms??even BD members are saying that S-300/Hq-9 will be unnecessary(these are strategic sam).you guys need something like NASAMS or if you prefer,something like Akash or Aster-15(or you can prefer Aster-30 for long range),solid air defence for smaller countries.not every platforms is meant for every country,no offence.

India is real threat for Bangladesh and need to be dealt with, just like any other country deal with threat perception. Given indian arsenal of fighters and missiles, Bangladesh urgently needs systems that can curtail indian offense to overwhelm Bangladesh capability. In such situation S-300 and BM-30 like systems are crucial which will create breathing space for Bangladeshi forces and help people to shore up defense. This is well documented - when it comes to REAL capability building for Bangladesh defense forces, all these fake defense force lovers roll over for submissive act.

are you friendly to bd ?

Maybe yes or maybe not. But I'm absolutely sure that we are not hostile to Bangladesh.
Being friendly does not mean we should bend over backwards to please your every whims and fancies...
International relationships are not based on being friends or enemies, but more about shared interests or lack of it..

first of all learn some manners and when indian ppl comes in bd thread is just for trolling nothing new . like i said there is no business of you what bd purchase or not! mr. dirty mouth none wants your suggestion here like lahat .somehow these indians are more zionist than the israelis . btw are you paid by mosad?and now you are getting on my nerve . we dont prefer akas or astar 15 . its bd not india . stop your bs here . bd has already deal with the china and we are getting hq 9 .you have zero idea about bd doctrin. now stop trolling and stop indian and isralei products publicity . nobody wants them here :angry: .can some one boot this guy?

LOL..its not your domain bro..this forum is open to all.if you want privacy,then you should open a forum on your backyard,dhould have to come here..

I'm sure you're aware that we're yet to get a medium-range SAM system, a real potent AD radar network with AESA-type radars, and an integrated AD system.... we hardly have a short-range system that may struggle to defend one city!!..... all of these are prerequisites to getting a long-range SAM system, don't you think?

India is real threat for Bangladesh and need to be dealt with, just like any other country deal with threat perception. Given indian arsenal of fighters and missiles, Bangladesh urgently needs systems that can curtail indian offense to overwhelm Bangladesh capability. In such situation S-300 and BM-30 like systems are crucial which will create breathing space for Bangladeshi forces and help people to shore up defense. This is well documented - when it comes to REAL capability building for Bangladesh defense forces, all these fake defense force lovers roll over for submissive act.

I gave the Su-30 as an example. The Yak-130 is capable of simulating the likes of F-16, F-15 and even the F-35.

Ask yourself, can you fly a 747 after just reading a manual? :no:

SAMs are good, but they have limitations. Any air force would need trainers. Heck, even the USAF use simple trainers. Does that mean they are vulnerable from the Russians? A trainer and fighter are not the same. Trainers are vital to make any air force sustainable.

Another thing is that those Yaks are not only meant to replace BAF's aging fleet of trainers, but also replace the aging A-5's. This partly explains why BAF ordered in such a significant quantity.

Those A-5's were meant for CAS, and so would the Yaks. However, I never really understood BAF's need for CAS aircraft given their current inventory and operational setup.

For CAS aircraft to be able to perform their operations, the air force must be able to achieve total air superiority over the enemy. Otherwise, they are toast. We'd never see A-10's being sent out first in a traditional war theater. Those A-5's were bought back in the 80's during Ershad-era if I'm not mistaken. So that leaves me with some question marks.

As far as India goes, I don't think they would simply jump in and start randomly bombing Bangladesh. Otherwise, all that money spent on Bollywood propaganda would go up in smoke. Why do you think there's all this tight-lipped conspiracy in light of the things going on in Bangladesh? It is specifically because of that vulnerability.

Bangladesh will never win a battle of attrition against India. The Israelis never fought that way against the Arabs during the Arab-Israeli wars.

S-300's and BM-30's would not pose any real threat to them other than a bunch of whiners.

For Bangladesh, there are "other" kinds of warfare. One just gotta be creative. One can actually contain them without firing a single bullet.

I think Bangladesh really need atleast S400 to creat some concern for India. S300 Radar can easily be taken out in Brahmos strike.

Any BMD purchased by BD will not deter Indian forces to Destroy BD's BMD in commando operation.

If BD purchase this weapons with India in focus, I think it is a time for India to reconsider its policy of BD. India should start working on a policy to prove BD's Military policy a futile.

plz also do a little research on the height of radar detection at 300km.... the earth is round and the search and acquisition radars that come with S-300 are not "over-the-horizon" (OTH) radars.... and OTH radars (which are usually several kilometers long arrays) are only used for long-range early warning, not for targeting..... shooting down right after takeoff is not possible at 300km.... not with today's tech.... don't believe me, just check the details yourself....

Who told you SU 30 is in purchase list?

Better yet do you know of way of airborne BAF fighter under indian air supremacy? Meaning BAF fighters will be targeted before they can effectively take off and face indian threat in the sky. Until and unless Bangladesh buys effective means like S-300 and BM-30 type of systems to keep indian airforce at bay and provide breathing room for BAF to take off and engage, all these Yaks are worthless when it comes down to real threat.

If you have better answer, lets hear that.

well, its obvious that if you have a solution, there's no reason we can't have a counter solution to it.... the think is, you have to make an offensive move against it to test the effective of this system.... I'm sure your politicians are not dumb enough to go that route....

I think Bangladesh really need atleast S400 to creat some concern for India. S300 Radar can easily be taken out in Brahmos strike.

Any BMD purchased by BD will not deter Indian forces to Destroy BD's BMD in commando operation.

This report doesn't say it's confirmed. Besides, this is a March report. On September (forgot the date) Prothom Alo published a report that said the whole $1B deal with Russia is in stalemate. So, the latest development is a bit different than many here are dreaming of.

My simple question was could you show a plan where Bangladesh is opting for 4 - 4+ gen fighter? You did not have answer for the question, instead you are trying to justify Yak (and 24 of these) with all the reasons under the sun.

Nobody has any real answer to that. Though I agree, that this deal lacks any real transparency. You still do not understand the basic difference between the role of a trainer and a fighter do you?

Nope.

And since when did the Afghan Mujaheddin use fighter aircraft against the Soviets? They never fought a battle of attrition against them. It's called guerrilla warfare.

Afghan terrain provided a superb advantage for the Afghans, and they had far more knowledge of the terrain than the Soviets ever did. Even with superior technology possessed by the Soviets, they simply couldn't beat them into submission.

I'm not whining at all.

And once again, please gather some basic knowledge about aviation before making our boys crash expensive 4+ gen planes without trainers.

my point is why an indian suggesting something good for us?any good reason ?haha nice joke but ty :lol:. bd is buying kornet E and metis .which both are battle proved in syria against those t72 and yea they were all ERA armoured tanks .the frontal portion of the tank is heavy but the rear in vulnarable . ATGM hits depends upon many factors like tank armour,weight,speed,manuarebility,distance,target point etc.milan is no more good atgm but yea if you suggest us javlin it was ok .

its because we never considered u guys as enemies
thts it u try to have bad relations

Nobody has any real answer to that. Though I agree, that this deal lacks any real transparency. You still do not understand the basic difference between the role of a trainer and a fighter do you?

If you don't have answer then why go tell world history? That goes to show what you are up to. It is getting amusing with your assumption that I do not know "difference between the role of a trainer and a fighter". I would ask you question why this yak is propagated as trainer + fighter capability when there its worth as fighter is as good as nothing??????

And since when did the Afghan Mujaheddin use fighter aircraft against the Soviets? They never fought a battle of attrition against them. It's called guerrilla warfare.

Afghan terrain provided a superb advantage for the Afghans, and they had far more knowledge of the terrain than the Soviets ever did. Even with superior technology possessed by the Soviets, they simply couldn't beat them into submission.

Once again you are put on spot and could not back up your claim and now inventing false statement like "since when did the Afghan Mujaheddin use fighter aircraft against the Soviets?"

Where in my statement I said that????? Show the proof?????

And you need to go and find meaning of "war of attrition" before engage in arguments. Its obvious you have no clue on difference between tactic and strategy. Throughout history Afghan had used "war of attrition" strategy against brits, soviets and now against US. "guerrilla warfare" is a tactics that Bangladeshis are fairly well verse in our own terrain; which is extremely difficult in its own way. Bottom line is , if you are having defeatist mentality against india, then that is your choice and let that be clear. No fuss and inventing false statement to make argument is needed.
Beyond that with this kind of submissive mentality why show false love for army and defense?

Back
Top Bottom