What's new

Bangladesh is getting 24 YAK-130, 6 Mi-17 Helicopter and 480 ATGM

None of my posts had any politics in it. It was pure technical. You are the one and only politicizing everything here.

You realize you could not answer the question on post 70. And now deviating to different topic. As I mentioned many times, defense is part of political action and more so for Bangladesh with our history. Political ideology specially Awami League history of harming Bangladesh army repeatedly and Awami League indian centric policy directly impacts any defense policy, purchase and actions. I will leave it at that for sake of staying on the topic.

You realize you could not answer the question on post 70. And now deviating to different topic. As I mentioned many times, defense is part of political action and more so for Bangladesh with our history. Political ideology specially Awami League history of harming Bangladesh army repeatedly and Awami League indian centric policy directly impacts any defense policy, purchase and actions. I will leave it at that for sake of staying on the topic.

Okay....politics is in your blood.

But that's just not me.

I'm sure about you're trying to troll...LOL...

and what I've posted,you can confirm from any knowledgeable BD members..India too use of Kornets(over 250) and thousands of Konkurs(over 25000)..so,we know these systems better than you.also,we're user of various different kind of ATGMs.we use Lahat,Milan,Invar as well as has experience with Nag,Javelin,Spike and various others..so,we know these systems well.these 2nd gen ATGMs can't beat ERA as well as APS systems,certainly not Kontakt-5 ERA which gives over 70% more protection against tandem heat rounds,not to mention LEDS-150 APS system,if deployed,can easily defeat this kind of 2nd gen ATGMs..

Sorry to be a buzzkill but spike,javelin still not bought! nag still under development.... And LED-150 APS is not in service with the indian army and not ordered...

Sorry to be a buzzkill but spike,javelin still not bought! nag still under development.... And LED-150 APS is not in service with the indian army and not ordered...

thats why I said "have Experience"..development of Nag is complete,Javelin is stuck due to TOT.but as USA is offering us TOT along with Joint Development,we might see it purchasing it soon..can't say anything about Spike as most probably India willn't buy it..

as for LED-150 APS,I think we bought it,though not much details is available..from Saab's site..

2011 (September): Saab Ties up with Wipro for the development of Saab’s LEDS

Saab in India

..:: India Strategic ::. 'Armed forces urgently need advanced simulators'

so,as partnership was made to make APS in India,you can expect we bought it..

thats why I said "have Experience"..development of Nag is complete,Javelin is stuck due to TOT.but as USA is offering us TOT along with Joint Development,we might see it purchasing it soon..can't say anything about Spike as most probably India willn't buy it..

as for LED-150 APS,I think we bought it,though not much details is available..from Saab's site..

2011 (September): Saab Ties up with Wipro for the development of Saab’s LEDS

Saab in India

..:: India Strategic ::. 'Armed forces urgently need advanced simulators'

so,as partnership was made to make APS in India,you can expect we bought it..

Rare photo of a BAF officer with J-10 :D
7954219072_867b241764_z.jpg

*Cross posted from BAF sticky*

I think that there is a good chance that BD will purchase the J-10B aircraft in numbers if the BNP wins the next election.

It is perfect for BD's needs as it is from a trusted supplier, has a good level of technology, Indians will have no idea how it works, the price is cheaper than competitors and the Chinese will be inclined to offer favourable repayment terms for a cash-strapped BD.

That picture is not new, it was taken a few years ago when we were actually looking at the Aircraft. As far as i know J-10 is not being considered at all.

I have stated this before, the major problem with J-10 exports is the fact that some of them still use russian engines or an engine based on it and the russians have barred the chinese from selling them to potential russian customers like bangladesh who they expect to see a massive deal in the future.

That picture is not new, it was taken a few years ago when we were actually looking at the Aircraft. As far as i know J-10 is not being considered at all.

I have stated this before, the major problem with J-10 exports is the fact that some of them still use russian engines or an engine based on it and the russians have barred the chinese from selling them to potential russian customers like bangladesh who they expect to see a massive deal in the future.

WS-10A has been used in J-11B since 2010.

It is getting to the stage where it would be reliable enough to be used on a single-engined plane like J-10.

There is no "magic" in jet-engine technology that China cannot master.

Back
Top Bottom