What's new

Bangladesh Navy desperately trying to acquire 3 frigates

On top of everything,Why do we need to clarify our threat perception to any foreigner?
After all we are not dependent on you and not buying them with Indian money.And better still,our defence expenditure is the lowest in sub-continent implying we aren't underspending in other department.

Still,I just don't get it why in every other thread regarding Bangladeshi purchase we find one or two Indian members asking this same old lame question "who is your threat?"

Is it because your "Paranoia" or your "ego"??

Burma is not worth mentioning in BoB, they are hardly a brown water navy:

Myanmar Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Furthermore, the navy's role seems more to protect the inland rivers and some fishing grounds

Myanmar Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree! There is no reason too, and I am contending that buying makes sense cause BoB is shared space and forging better relations with India is a win-win for both countries. And like it or not but India already has a hegemony in the BoB, for which, I do not see a worthy contender in near future.

As for your assertion of adventurism, I reiterate, that 5 frigates + 4 subs are not much of a deterrent, in case India do decide to go on a little BD adventure :)

Maldives got ran over by Tamil mercenaries, Nepal had one of those Friendly Treaties with India, Nepal got ran over by the Maos.

It would help you if you come out of the cave you live in.

Back
Top Bottom