What's new

Bangladesh Navy getting Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716)

U still don't answer me though.

Anyways for land we have T90s

800px-Indian_Army_T-90-2.jpg

Arjuns ..

14_000093.jpg

BMPs ...

Indian_Army_BMP-2.jpg

and Agni's too

indian-agni-missile-during-parade.jpg

------------------------------------------

Mods ... now plz this is not my mistake :smitten: :pdf:

mate tank is a different scenario is a war. Say for example is you want to runover your enemy with tanks, you will need to think about terrain. Plus we got a lot of Anti-tank stuff, like mines, missiles, guns for direct assault.:smitten:
Missiles are for destroying strategic places. Our doctrine is Defense and I bet you we are good at it.
Having fancy toys doesn't make you deadly or invincible. It just makes you easy target for power hungry people to manipulate you. I am interested to hear about why do you fancy a war between us???

mate tank is a different scenario is a war. Say for example is you want to runover your enemy with tanks, you will need to think about terrain. Plus we got a lot of Anti-tank stuff, like mines, missiles, guns for direct assault.:smitten:
Missiles are for destroying strategic places. Our doctrine is Defense and I bet you we are good at it.
Having fancy toys doesn't make you deadly or invincible. It just makes you easy target for power hungry people to manipulate you. I am interested to hear about why do you fancy a war between us???

yasin .... after a long time i am seeing a sensible comment from a BD guy. We don't fancy wars with anyone. Chill. I was just having good time :chilli:

It seems you have been given the same logo as mine. Moderators, please check the matter.

We dont have mines...

I hope it will have anti submarine capabilities as well.

That is cos of the lower deck. Usually there is no open corridor on the lower deck

This fancy toothless ship will be converted into a sharp-teethed missile frigate. The additional fittings and modification works will probably take place in a BD shipyard. If it happens so, it will give that shipyard a good opportunity to learn many technical matters.

So, the purchase of one, two or three of these ships will enhance BN's defense capability as well as its knowledge on how to fit missiles. Note that BN is already building missile patrol boats in the Khulna Shipyard with technical collaboration from China.

The most important point is USA notices about our defense requirements. USA does not sell us weapons that much, but they always provide training to our navy. My guess is it cannot be converted into an anti-submarine ship, because it was built basically a coast guard ship without anti-submarine options at the lower deck.

The probability of weapons placement,concept from BD military forum.....

15ge4n9.png

Agree. Matches with the 1980s refit these ships got (with 76mm, Harpoon, 2x3 TR-ASW, Phalanx CIWS). Room for 2x3 TR-ASW near ships boats. Folks under estimate these ships were in fact designed with cooperating with USN groups in mind. Hence, GTU use for 22kt+ operations. For all intent and purpose, these are frigates. If C802 proved too big, C-704 would be a good alternative.

Pray what will you reverse engineer. Its a freakin boat. Nothing sophisticated about it. Its not stealth oriented, nor does it have any onboard sophisticated weapons. The core of the boat is the sensor array mainly the radar, the fire control system. All of which is locked down and source encrypted.

Anyone can make a boat, what gives it teeth is the sensor fusion and the weapon systems. In my humble opinion, I do not think BD has the technical base to produce this stuff in-house.

You should do some research first.

The 378-foot high endurance cutters are powered by diesel engines and
gas turbines, and have controllable-pitch propellers. They're equipped with one Mark
75 76-mm gun (anti-air capable), two 25-mm machine guns, one 20-mm Phalanx close-in
weapons system (CIWS), a helicopter flight deck, retractable hangar, and the facilities
to support helicopter deployments.
Beginning in the 1980s and ending in 1992, the entire class was modernized through the Fleet
Renovation and Modernization (FRAM) program
http://www.uscg.mil/d13/docs/factsheets/378.pdf
USCG: About Us - Aircraft & Cutters

Between 1985 and 1992 all Hamilton-class cutters underwent FRAM (Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization) which entailed the upgrading and standardization of the ship's propulsion systems, the replacement of the original 5"/38 gun and Mk 56 fire control system with a more modern Mk 75 3"/62 cannon and Mk 92 fire control system, and the replacement of the SPS-29 air search radar with the SPS-40 air search radar. In addition, the flight deck and hangar were modified to accommodate an HH-60J Jayhawk SAR helicopter. In addition, during the FRAM refit several units were equipped with Harpoon ASM launchers and a single Mk 15 Phalanx 20mm CIWS (close in weapon system), with all ships eventually having the CIWS installed by 1993. To improve the Hamilton's ASW capabilities, SQR-4 and SQR-17 sonobouy signal receivers and passive signal processing systems, while the ship's defenses were augmented with the addition of a SRBOC (super rapid blooming overhead chaff) launcher. In late 1993 it was decided to refocus the ship's mission on more traditional Coast Guard duties and all ASW, sonar, missiles were removed. This refit was accomplished by 1994. In addition, the original Mk 67 20mm cannons were replaced by improved Mk 38 25mm cannons.
Hamilton-class High Endurance Cutter

These were in effect turned into frigates in the 1980s. While some of that equipment is no longer installed, it should not be very difficult to reinstate similar capabilities.

http://www.uscg.mil/history/webcutters/Hamilton1967.pdf

2z4bq88.jpg

mellon_harpoon.jpg

USS-Vandegrift-FFG-48-e-US-Coast-Guard-cutter-Mellon-WHEC-717-foto-USN.jpg

USS-Vandegrift-FFG-48-e-US-Coast-Guard-cutter-Mellon-WHEC-717-foto-2-USN.jpg

Agree. Matches with the 1980s refit these ships got (with 76mm, Harpoon, 2x3 TR-ASW, Phalanx CIWS). Room for 2x3 TR-ASW near ships boats. Folks under estimate these ships were in fact designed with cooperating with USN groups in mind. Hence, GTU use for 22kt+ operations. For all intent and purpose, these are frigates. If C802 proved too big, C-704 would be a good alternative.

It's 3000 tons ship with Harpoon, so C80X should comfortably fit. Thing is it's still not sure we're getting it but we people have made lots of plans around it :cry:.

Back
Top Bottom