What's new

Bangladesh Navy: Year 2024

If you are not looking at cost and only capability get the Shivalik class :D

64f3f612de72.jpg
Bro you know, our navy like chinese equipments. :D

Taka dibo keda?
Sorkar. (Government of bangladesh)

don't say that ! !:o: do you know the price ? :woot:

Yea i know it will be expensive but but if you want to get any thing best you have to give a extra price . i suggest it as long term goal for Bangladesh Navy as most of the naval vessel coming are stealth and we also surrounded by India whose navy also getting stealth warship.so we cannot really only on non stealth warship . if we can get it by 2024 will be good but we should try to get some within 2030. it should be included in our forces goal 2030.

You did not get me bro. I mean we should buy decommissioned sub like chinese ming class and
use them as training sub.

And we should go for German Sub for operational use.

That will be waste of money because you also have to think about future conflict use. We can not think about many stuffs, our budget is limited, so we have to balance our capabilities with purchasing power. If it is not heavily refitted with new tech. no point of buying it.

Yea i know it will be expensive but but if you want to get any thing best you have to give a extra price . i suggest it as long term goal for Bangladesh Navy as most of the naval vessel coming are stealth and we also surrounded by India whose navy also getting stealth warship.so we cannot really only on non stealth warship . if we can get it by 2024 will be good but we should try to get some within 2030. it should be included in our forces goal 2030.

you can think about it after 2020, till then it is not good idea. We need to make balance between number of units and fire power. Bold part is now logical.

Bro you know, our navy like chinese equipments. :D
also like South Korean stuff.

@monitor Durjoy class corvette has stealthy features. We also getting Type056 corvette which are also stealthy, 2 south korean class corvette also we are getting which will be also stealthy.

so it is like most of our corvette will be stealth (except 2 bought from Britain)

Last edited:
That will be waste of money because you also have to think about future conflict use. We can not think about many stuffs, our budget is limited, so we have to balance our capabilities with purchasing power. If it is not heavily refitted with new tech. no point of buying it.
Buying something for training is not waste.

If so then, we should not buy trainer aircrafts. We should buy two seat variant. And, it will be cheap.

Buying something for training is not waste.

If so then, we should not buy trainer aircrafts. We should buy two seat variant. And, it will be cheap.

1. training aircraft and buying sub for trainging are not same thing. each sub will cost around $200 million atleast, no matter which sub you chose. a training aircraft costs around $10 million. now compare the cost. with adding additional around $50 million you will get good sub from china.
2. Training aircraft does not take part in air defending mission where sub must have to, unless you have 10+ submarines. So are you thinking of 10+ submarines in near future so that some of them you can use as trainer ? LOL

1. training aircraft and buying sub for trainging are not same thing. each sub will cost around $200 million atleast, no matter which sub you chose. a training aircraft costs around $10 million. now compare the cost. with adding additional around $50 million you will get good sub from china.
2. Training aircraft does not take part in air defending mission where sub must have to, unless you have 10+ submarines. So are you thinking of 10+ submarines in near future so that some of them you can use as trainer ? LOL
Decommissioned refurbished sub will come under 15 million. :o:

For Type 054B frigate. I can forget about operational sub, but not trainer sub. :p
In a real war, submarine is much more powerful than a frigate.
According to PLAN's expericence, when budgets are limited, best strategy is “air force + submarine + fast attack craft ”

Will the Patualkhali base hold the Naval strike squadron??And will that be operated by airforce or will it be Naval aviation wing?

Within that time I believe Naval aviation wing will be able to independently operate without Air Force support.

any authentic lead on the sub type ordered from China as yet?
the type may dictate whether we would go for more subs by 2020 or not....

any authentic lead on the sub type ordered from China as yet?
the type may dictate whether we would go for more subs by 2020 or not....

No authentic leads yet.

Though it could be Ming-class. And I say this because it takes time and money to fully build infrastructure for submarines.

It takes time for such to mature.

Back
Top Bottom