What's new

Bangladesh Navy: Year 2024

I think BD should just think for economy and a Chinese Base at BoB which will take care of India by 2024.

How does it sound instead of spending billions on expensive things?

Brilliant idea! :tup:

it sounds terrible.

These "expensive things" will make our military much better. Any country would rather have have an ally that can defend itself then one that needs to be helped like a little child.

Arms procurement have a political side to it, it will increase ties with China.

Make our military much better? How much better? Good enough to tackle IN?

....Can you please Indicate where i mentioned we want to tackle the IN?

Despite sayings of BD members on this forum, BN cannot Tackle IN ever. However, it serves the regions interests such as curbing piracy, being able to send better ships for UN peacekeeping.

India would rather have Bangladesh more strengthened than a place full criminals and pirates smuggling stuff into BD and into the rest of Asia.

Why, then, do you want a "stronger military"?

Despite sayings of BD members on this forum, BN cannot Tackle IN ever. However, it serves the regions interests such as curbing piracy, being able to send better ships for UN peacekeeping.

You're talking about the Coast Guard, son. We have one if you didn't know. BN protects the sea from other countries, not petty criminals.

India would rather have Bangladesh more strengthened than a place full criminals and pirates smuggling stuff into BD and into the rest of Asia.

And the point is? Why speak on behalf of Indians all of a sudden?

We do have one such "understanding" with the US. Tackling piracy and criminals don't require expensive high end military hardware. What's more, it is the coast guard that oversees that duty.

We already do participate in UN peacekeeping missions like in Lebanon.

I think BD should just think for economy and a Chinese Base at BoB which will take care of India by 2024.

How does it sound instead of spending billions on expensive things?

Remember what happened when rumors of a US base surfaced? :omghaha:

^^^I think its a smart choice by Bangladesh by not investing extra money on a old generation frigate (F-22B )instead most probably save money for new generation of frigate from China . it would be great choice if Bangladesh navy buy the latest F-54A/F-54B stealth frigate from china .this frigate would be more potential in 21st century .

Bangladesh is not financially capable enough to buy that kind of ships (Type-54A/54B?). I highly appreciate the BAL govt. though for the wise investment in Navy. With very limited budget they have bought a lot:

1x Hamilton class frigate
2x Type-53H2 Frigates
2x Type-56 Corvettes
2x Castle class corvettes
2x Durjoy Class Corvettes
5x Padma class OPVs
1x Roebuck class Hydro-graphic survey ship
1x Replenishment oil tanker
2x DO228NG Maritime patrol aircraft
2x AW-109E ASW helicopter
3x Z-9C ASW helicopter

If you are not looking at cost and only capability get the Shivalik class :D

64f3f612de72.jpg
Come on guys, please do not joke about our financial capabilities. Coz its growing fast.

Back
Top Bottom