What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Today's navy base inauguration program officially confirmed the purchase of two type-053h3 frigates..
credit-BDMIL
45421393_2189922011337037_1137489979170095104_n.jpg

Today's navy base inauguration program officially confirmed the purchase of two type-053h3 frigates..
credit-BDMILView attachment 515396

These are being ordered to fill the gap while the next-gen frigates start coming into service in the early 2020s.

Best thing about them is that BN will get another two ships with SAM missiles, and so increasing the ability of the fleet to defend against air-attack.

So 2 new frigates?

Is this under the previous 4 that we were supposed to receive from China? Or are they new purchases? Given the level of expansion in BN, I am failing to even keep a track.

So 2 new frigates?

Is this under the previous 4 that we were supposed to receive from China? Or are they new purchases? Given the level of expansion in BN, I am failing to even keep a track.

These two are stopgap measures (air defense frigates). The four new ones (some say eventually six) to be built locally (not in China) will take longer to plan and build and these two aren't a part of the new ones. I believe that is a good thing.

Negotiation with the Chinese yards may have fallen through so the Navy is looking for new external technology partners in the West.

These two are stopgap measures (air defense frigates). The four new ones (some say eventually six) to be built locally (not in China) will take longer to plan and build and these two aren't a part of the new ones. I believe that is a good thing.

Negotiation with the Chinese yards may have fallen through so the Navy is looking for new external technology partners in the West.

6 frigates will be built in BD next decade.

BN needs to finalise a partner and get on with it. I would go with UK if possible due to similarity in operational setup etc. If not then the French who do not subscribe to "international doctrine" in times of war.

BN needs to finalise a partner and get on with it. I would go with UK if possible due to similarity in operational setup etc. If not then the French who do not subscribe to "international doctrine" in times of war.

BN wants to make sure that it gets a partner that will transfer as much ToT as possible. It also wants to make sure the frigates meet all anticipated specs for the next 2-3 decades.

Once these two frigates and the two Corvettes from China arrive before the middle of next year, BD will have complete dominance over the savages.

New frigates are more designed to provide deterrence against Indian Navy as they will be so powerful they can deal with both the MAF and MN if BAF do not up their game.

BN wants to make sure that it gets a partner that will transfer as much ToT as possible. It also wants to make sure the frigates meet all anticipated specs for the next 2-3 decades.

Once these two frigates and the two Corvettes from China arrive before the middle of next year, BD will have complete dominance over the savages.

New frigates are more designed to provide deterrence against Indian Navy as they will be so powerful they can deal with both the MAF and MN if BAF do not up their game.

Let's hope so.

Two frigates will be built in foreign shipyards... the rest four in bd... I hope bd chooses either British or French designs...
South Korean option is too light and modding it like BNS BB will just be costly

Two frigates will be built in foreign shipyards... the rest four in bd... I hope bd chooses either British or French designs...
South Korean option is too light and modding it like BNS BB will just be costly
Depend on which design you chose, they offered us their kddx design

DJDiPPoT5Ko-372PWt2rx4XXXL4j3HpexhjNOf_P3YmryPKwJ94QGRtDb3Sbc6KY (1).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom