What's new

Bangladesh Navy

So Myanmar is set to have 3 subs?

All are better than the 2 Bangladesh has.

I hope BN stays ahead of this.
The kilo may be better. The other two are type 39 like us.
From this we should conclude we can’t rely on Russia or China in our defense procurement. We should look to the west, if necessary… Turkey or look to South Korea who’ve been a good partner to us for long time

The kilo may be better. The other two are type 39 like us.
From this we should conclude we can’t rely on Russia or China in our defense procurement. We should look to the west, if necessary… Turkey or look to South Korea who’ve been a good partner to us for long time

BD needs to be bold and set out a strategy for maximum autonomy.

Remember BD is in no way a small country with a population of 165 million and an economy that is growing fairly fast at a consitent rate. Already the economy has surpassed 400 billion US dollars and reach 1 trillion before the end of this decade.

BD needs to source weapons from China, Europe and Turkey. Over the longer term it can reduce reliance on both Europe and China and buy more from Turkey who are the most trustworthy.

With determination and smart strategy BD can stay as a neutral country well able to defend itself in it's neoughbourhood.

BD needs to be bold and set out a strategy for maximum autonomy.

Remember BD is in no way a small country with a population of 165 million and an economy that is growing fairly fast at a consitent rate. Already the economy has surpassed 400 billion US dollars and reach 1 trillion before the end of this decade.

BD needs to source weapons from China, Europe and Turkey. Over the longer term it can reduce reliance on both Europe and China and buy more from Turkey who are the most trustworthy.

With determination and smart strategy BD can stay as a neutral country well able to defend itself in it's neoughbourhood.
I agree but with strategic weapons we need to be careful whom we invest in.

I agree but with strategic weapons we need to be careful whom we invest in.

Yes I would not even be wholly reliant on the Turks as they may be unable to supply BD due to circumstances out of their control.

With Turkey you are likely to get the most tech transfer and so BD can use this as a base to build up it's own subsystems companies.

Walton and some other BD companies already have some experience in the electronics industries and so they can start off BD development in the field of electronics and radar systems. It may take decades to get to world standards but you need to start from somewhere if you are going to get anywhere.

For all this to happen the BD government needs to take defence seriously and want to make BD an independent country that is not reliant on others for its own security and there is little evidence of this so far.

So Turkey has a population of 85 Million (half that of ours) and their GDP (roughly 800 Billion nominal) is double that of ours,

Their per capita nominal GDP is then four times ours right now and look at their defense technology integration level. Outta sight...

In a few years, when our GDP approaches their level (800 Billion)- should we be defense-production wise as good as they are now (if it is only dependent on GDP level)? I seriously doubt it. Neither the ahammuks we have as political leaders (nor the defence establishment leaders) realize where we should be, in integrating defence technology. Look at the simple difference between defence industry of Pakistan and that of ours.

Of course by this time Turkey's GDP would again be way ahead of ours of course and reached much higher milestones of defence production.

So Turkey has a population of 85 Million (half that of ours) and their GDP (roughly 800 Billion nominal) is double that of ours,

Their per capita nominal GDP is then four times ours right now and look at their defense technology integration level. Outta sight...

In a few years, when our GDP approaches their level (800 Billion)- should we be defense-production wise as good as they are now (if it is only dependent on GDP level)? I seriously doubt it. Neither the ahammuks we have as political leaders (nor the defence establishment leaders) realize where we should be, in integrating defence technology. Look at the simple difference between defence industry of Pakistan and that of ours.

Of course by this time Turkey's GDP would again be way ahead of ours of course and reached much higher milestones of defence production.

I do not think it is so simple as economic size determines size of military industrial complex.

Both turkey and pakistan defense scenario is much more complex then ours. They also wish to be geo strategic players based on their military capacity.

BD will rise to be a middle power based on economics muscle rather than military prowess.

Saying all that BD needs to establish a military industrial complex. We need to do this with potential export in mind. Here I think JV is the key. We need to start cooperating with the likes of Turkey, indonesia and pakistan.

First step BD needs to change current policy and allow its private industry to enter defence related sector.

BN should look at Damen Sigma 12516 Multi Mission Frigate
1648400846600.png

32 VLS

1648400865507.png

1648400876027.png

There are two possible explanations.

First possibility is we have assumed strategic patience like China did when it was developing. All military ambitions are on a back burner until our human resource and economy have developed to support a serious move. We have another five decades of development ahead so no need to rush.

Second possibility is politics, corruption and incompetence are getting in the way of developing a defence sector that should normally emerge as a country rises economically.

When it comes to BAL, it is a mix of two.

Integration could be an issue as our Chinese frigates are a lot older than these missiles.

By the time we get our frigates, both aam+chhala will change for the better and no - both will not be gone as the proverb says, but be renewed.

Meaning the six new frigates will be ready by fiscal 2027~28 and they will come integrated with ship killer missile capability (from whatever source) along with networked battle suite integrating all fighting naval platforms using satellite links, as we have already discussed. There is no other logical choice or option.

Older Chinese frigates may not get the ship-killer missile fitment.

I am also hearing that Bangladesh might actually launch submarine assembly if not outright builds from scratch at some point in several videos I have seen lately.

Could be premature though...I know these guys below talk a lot of hooey, but with this report below they are factual on all counts. More dhoti-wetting news for the South Block, heh heh......:cheers:

Too bad they can't do jack about our defensive posture as it is purely for defense.

By the time we get our frigates, both aam+chhala will change for the better and no - both will not be gone as the proverb says, but be renewed.

Meaning the six new frigates will be ready by fiscal 2027~28 and they will come integrated with ship killer missile capability (from whatever source) along with networked battle suite integrating all fighting naval platforms using satellite links, as we have already discussed. There is no other logical choice or option.

Older Chinese frigates may not get the ship-killer missile fitment.

I am also hearing that Bangladesh might actually launch submarine assembly if not outright builds from scratch at some point in several videos I have seen lately.

Could be premature though...I know these guys below talk a lot of hooey, but with this report below they are factual on all counts. More dhoti-wetting news for the South Block, heh heh......:cheers:

Too bad they can't do jack about our defensive posture as it is purely for defense.

Please provide links to news or talks of BD assembling/building subs please. Thanks

What a wonderful ship and perfect for BD in terms of size and capabilities.

However there is one MASSIVE problem and that is that this packed full of US and European sensors, engines and armaments.

BD needs to got for either Turkish or Chinese in this case as the major adversary of its next-generation frigates would be the Indian Navy.

I read somewhere that BN is manufacturing their own missiles.

Shunsi naki dada der pant kuila pore gese ei kobhor ta shune.

Back
Top Bottom