What's new

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats | Politics | bdnews24.com

Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 1:29 pm BdST

Dhaka, July 8 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh is ready to provide training for the Afghan civil servants, police personnel and diplomats to rebuild the war-torn country, Foreign Minister Dipu Moni says.

She made the offer Sunday at the Tokyo Conference on Afghanistan which is aimed to support Kabul's future development, said a media statement of the foreign ministry.

The conference, participated by representatives from 80 countries and International organisations, pledged $16 billion in the form of grant and aid for the development of Afghanistan.

'Tokyo Mutual Accountability Framework' was also unveiled in the conference to monitor 'effectiveness' of assistance from donor agencies and countries.

Dipu Moni said Bangladesh was also interested to provide tailor made training programmes in the areas of banking, disaster management, primary and mass education, health care, agricultural extension, poultry and livestock and youth development.

The conference was attended by Japanese Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Koichiro Gemba respectively, Afghan President Hamid Karzai, UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon and US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

bdnews24.com/ssz/sk/1320h

Very good decision by BD I guess. Afghans should only take training from Muslim countries only.

I saw an aljazeera report on how Bangladesh uses Blind clerks to deal with sensitive documents.
That was such a great initiative and I hope Bangladesh trains more people like that and of course train people in the rest of South Asia.

Why only from Muslim Countries??? Anyway, we are already training them...:cheers:

That's because of puppet karzai other wise there would have been no Indian involvement. There is
no business of India or any non-muslim states in AF. PAK,Iran, China,turkey and KSA can play a
central role in AF reconstruction while countries like BD, malaysia and indoneshia can play a
supportive role there.

That's because of puppet karzai other wise there would have been no Indian involvement. There is
no business of India or any non-muslim states in AF. PAK,Iran, China,turkey and KSA can play a
central role in AF reconstruction while countries like BD, malaysia and indoneshia can play a
supportive role there.

china is a muslim state? :o

I just hope we dont teach them how to take bribes, which is crippling the south asians nations. Other than that this is a good gesture :)

china is a muslim state? :o

China is a great country and works for mutual interest not hegemony and hence an exception.
Besides they are a global power and emerging super power and have borders with AF. :)

I just hope we dont teach them how to take bribes, which is crippling the south asians nations. Other than that this is a good gesture :)

That is our field of specialty. There is no escaping it for Afghans unfortunately. :D

will it be in Bangali?
it sounds really funny that they come all the way to Bangladesh
even bypassing India which is great supporter of Northern Alliance warlords

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats | Politics | bdnews24.com

Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 1:29 pm BdST

Dhaka, July 8 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh is ready to provide training for the Afghan civil servants, police personnel and diplomats to rebuild the war-torn country, Foreign Minister Dipu Moni says.

She made the offer Sunday at the Tokyo Conference on Afghanistan which is aimed to support Kabul's future development, said a media statement of the foreign ministry.

The conference, participated by representatives from 80 countries and International organisations, pledged $16 billion in the form of grant and aid for the development of Afghanistan.

'Tokyo Mutual Accountability Framework' was also unveiled in the conference to monitor 'effectiveness' of assistance from donor agencies and countries.

Dipu Moni said Bangladesh was also interested to provide tailor made training programmes in the areas of banking, disaster management, primary and mass education, health care, agricultural extension, poultry and livestock and youth development.

The conference was attended by Japanese Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Koichiro Gemba respectively, Afghan President Hamid Karzai, UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon and US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

bdnews24.com/ssz/sk/1320h

What training will Bangladesh provide?

Bangladeshi politicians are among the world's most corrupt.

will it be in Bangali?
it sounds really funny that they come all the way to Bangladesh
even bypassing India which is great supporter of Northern Alliance warlords

I think the main objective here is to build good diplomatic relations with the afghans. We cant provide them with moetary aid, thus we are offering other means to them.

What training will Bangladesh provide?

Bangladeshi politicians are among the world's most corrupt.

We are not gonna train their politicians. I think we might do a decent job for police and civil servants. Not sure about diplomats though.

Bangladesh is ready to provide training for the Afghan civil servants, police personnel and diplomats to rebuild the war-torn country

I think the main objective here is to build good diplomatic relations with the afghans. We cant provide them with moetary aid, thus we are offering other means to them.

We are not gonna train their politicians. I think we might do a decent job for police and civil servants. Not sure about diplomats though.

Hmm, in that case, I think Bangladesh should help Afghanistan create a RAB type unit.

Hmm, in that case, I think Bangladesh should help Afghanistan create a RAB type unit.

I think so too. Even though there are cases of human rights abuse by RAB, they are a very effective force.

Back
Top Bottom