What's new

Bangladesh Revolution News and Updates

What are we fighting for exactly? HeI needs to back down until and unless Shahbagis resume their demonstrations and BAL needs to understand they are fighting a war they cannot win. HeI are fighting for an ideology, and if recent history is anything to go by, violently cracking down on Islamists helps spread radicalism like wildfire.

What are we fighting for exactly? HeI needs to back down until and unless Shahbagis resume their demonstrations and BAL needs to understand they are fighting a war they cannot win. HeI are fighting for an ideology, and if recent history is anything to go by, violently cracking down on Islamists helps spread radicalism like wildfire.

HeI has been directly funded by Jamaat. Majority of the people those who are fighting in the street are in fact Jamaat/shibir with tag of HeI. They are using the islam and people's sentiment towards it but so far not a single demand from them that they want the war crime trial and hanging of the well known war criminals. This depicts the true nature of Jamaat. Some of the key figure of HeI has already been exposed due to their link with Jamaat. Crores of taka has changed hand for all these. But this is unfortunate to see many innocent kowmi madrasah students are becoming victim and scapegoat by the Jamaatis and due to brutal action by police/rab.

Regarding Shairah law people of Bangladesh can decide it whether they want it or not as majority rules. HeI can go for election if they are not associate with Jamaat and if they get majority 2/3 vote they can change the constitution and implement whatever they want.

HeI has been directly funded by Jamaat. Majority of the people those who are fighting in the street are in fact Jamaat/shibir with tag of HeI. They are using the islam and people's sentiment towards it but so far not a single demand from them that they want the war crime trial and hanging of the well known war criminals. This depicts the true nature of Jamaat. Some of the key figure of HeI has already been exposed due to their link with Jamaat. Crores of taka has changed hand for all these. But this is unfortunate to see many innocent kowmi madrasah students are becoming victim and scapegoat by the Jamaatis and due to brutal action by police/rab.

Regarding Shairah law people of Bangladesh can decide it whether they want it or not as majority rules. HeI can go for election if they are not associate with Jamaat and if they get majority 2/3 vote they can change the constitution and implement whatever they want.

PURE Awami League branded propaganda for genocide excuse.

I agree with what's in bold^^.

It's possible that HeI is linked to JI, but the root of all problem is the ICT and Shahbagh protests. JI will never accept a tribunal influenced by BAL and Shahbaghi protests (mob justice) were inherently unethical. We can't afford to fragment the nation into pieces while hostile countries still surround us from all sides, steal our water, claim our EEZ, etc. That's why I'm suggesting all sides need to back down.

I have been following the Basherkella facebook site and twitter page, I saw that they claimed around 431 people dead and 3000+ injured.
https://www.facebook.com/newbasherkella
https://twitter.com/basherkella

This blog talks about the massacre in Motijheel as well:
fug's blog: Bangladesh Government cracks down on protests with impunity

So Bashekella needs to make credible claims and these claims has to be backed up by evidence. To collect evidence, from HeI side, we need much more capture of images and video using mobile phones, cameras, video cameras etc. The whole point of non-violent revolution is to capture the images of violence perpetrated by illegitimate authorities on unarmed protesters and then use these images against them to further undermine their legitimacy.

I have also seen video footage in NTV and ATN news, and these look like they were taken by embedded journalists with the police and Awami League activists. So they are doing a much better job of capturing video images so that they can be used for their propaganda.

In ATN news they said around 10,000 police, RAB, BGB took part on the raid last night on Motijheel. My question is how does BGB get involved in domestic law enforcement? Is it within their mandate? Or is Hasina using them illegally against the constitution? But then constitution is easy to change in Bangladesh, just like they abolished CTG.

And for every unarmed protester that dies, the opposition needs to keep record of Police officers in the command chain, the police constables and Awami goons that took part in the killings. These information will be needed for prosecuting them in the future. Unless there is prosecution and sentencing for political killings, the cycle of political violence will not end.

And when will BNP led alliance openly join with HeI to fight this illegitimate regime? HeI has taken a courageous step, the rest need to join in. What are they waiting for?

I see some known Jamat supporters are spreading false rumors. Were you not the one who declared war against the government? Koto kichhu jeno korben?

Anyway, Hefajot e Jamat is seriously getting some ***-kicking. Seems like our Prime Minister is not as brittle as you bunch thought. You people always miscaculate the strength of Bangladesh Awami League.

JOY BANGLA!

P.S. : No one got killed in that operation. Thats a good news. But the bad news is that Shibir probably will kill few of their own men in order to vindicate Awami League.

@ Is this ShadowFaux is a brother of our Home Minister ????

fug's blog: Bangladesh Government cracks down on protests with impunity

Bangladesh Government cracks down on protests with impunity

Yesterday Hefazot-e-Islam (deshi deobandis) and friends marched back to Dhaka to press for their 13 points one month after the Long March which went surprisingly peacefully. I have written about the points in detail in a separate post, yesterdays points were slightly reformulated and included the protection of religious minorities this time. Sadly this time, the government lashed out a full armoury of police, paramilitaries and thugs with deadly effect. Hundreds may have been killed.

Hundreds of thousands, if not a million protesters turned up in a show of seriousness and desire to have their legitimate concerns widely recognised. TalukdarShaheb has published a photoblog of the day as he saw it.

Police, the disgraced and rebranded Border Guards and ruling party aligned thugs, shot at and beat protesters in the day, and in the wee hours of the morning today appear to have prosecuted a massacre in the business district of Motijhil. A friend, by no means an Islamist (...yet) has told me enough from the scene for me not to be able to write it off as bluster from any of the three cyber groups, Basherkella, SaveBangladesh or Feb28.org.

The crackdown has been systematic. The British-trained Rapid Action Battalion has raided and closed Diganta TV and Islam TV channels. I am told that plain-clothes intelligence agents are keeping the countries madrassas under constant surveillance. The Secular liberal establishment, do not regard the attacked as human beings and are too lazy to push back the hand that fed them all their lives.

We might not agree with the protests demands completely but the right to life, assemble, protest and dignity are non negotiable. It is a shame that most human rights warriors in Bangladesh are cowards and strategic with it comes to standing up for the oppressed.

A reporter in Ekushey TV reported 2,500 people were gunned down by the Police-RAB-BGB. And immediately he was arrested. There has been massive loss of life at Dhaka. More street fights are going on in the south-eastern parts towards Narayanganj and Chittagong highway.

Back
Top Bottom