What's new

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup final

Reaction score
DHAKA: Bangladesh will ask the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) to review an incident in the final over of the Asia Cup final against Pakistan on Thursday which they believe cost them the game.

Pakistan won by two runs after Bangladesh could score six runs only from the final over bowled by Aizaz Cheema.

Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) cricket operations committee, told reporters on Saturday that Cheema had deliberately blocked batsman Mahmudullah in the final over.

He said the BCB would demand five penalty runs which if granted could force the ACA to reverse the result.

“We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,” Siraj said.

“We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the International Cricket Council.”

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup final | Sport | DAWN.COM

Oh come on! They won it. If it was diliberately, everyone in bd would have been screaming foul about it by now. Shahadat let them score 19 off the final over, yet BCB doesnt blame him.

BCB is trying to make a fool out of itself... Sure, must ask for a review but remember one-thing umpires made some decision (wrong) in your favor, also one of your bowlers obstructed Shahid Afridi..

Seriously they lost all their respect, I feel sorry for those Pakistanis who were supporting B'desh.

Disappointment big time.

And What about Mashrafe Mortaza, he too deliberately got in the way of Afridi when he was running. Atleast he wasn't complaining, instead he gave him a smile and told him not to do it again. Oh yeah! and the next bowl went for a massive six.
Difference between large hearted people & cry babies

If we could find all instances of a batsman being blocked by a bowler (intentionally or not -- in this case it doesn't seem to be the case), we could have a few thousand instances.

Though there would be only 1 case which made its way all the way up to the cricketing authorities -- this one! :lol::lol:

But of course, who can forget Eden Gardens being burned over SRT and Shoaib incident.

Ha ha and people here were saying it was a family matter. :lol:

I don't see Cheema doing anything wrong there, BD should just move on.

Its an immature attitude by BCB. Such attitude you don't expect even in club cricket. After such a great tournament by BD, I am disappointed with the attitude.

I guess Bangladesh should not make fun of themselves like indians....

i mean i know tht its a big event Bangladesh but plzz dont politicize it & try to be consistent in ur game

What can we expect from a $hit head like Lotus kamal,BCB clowns should have already sacked Shahadat instead....Yes these idiots are sore loosers

They lost the match but won the hearts..Looks like they will now loose hearts too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom