What's new

Bangladesh to export 2080 tonnes of ilish to India

For me a nice robust chunky wild-caught salmon filet will do, almost the size of a porterhouse steak.

For folks who live in the US - you can buy these filets refrigerated at Costco, not frozen, as freezing destroys the fresh taste. If you aren't as parsnickety as I am, you can buy frozen salmon filets at Trader Joes as well.

Adding mustard to it (grey poupon mustard will do in a pinch) almost equals the shorshey Ilish taste. And NO BONES!

I know some of you guys are not fish-bone fans, ditto here.

iu

I’m craving some salmon. Unfortunately I don’t see any fresh fish in my area… frozen or processed.

Rohu (Rui) fish curry is actually more delicious than Ilish. The taste of Ilish is not same as before. It's not that delicious anymore.

West Bengal has a huge population who migrated from Bangladesh during India's partition. These "Bangal" Bangalis still love Bangladeshi Ilish so much.

Bangladeshis actually eat Rohu fish more.
Total hilsa production was 0.52 million MT in 2017-2018, sharing 12.09% of the total fish production in Bangladesh.

0.52 million metric ton (MT) means 520,000 MT a year. So, who do think to eat this much quantity of Hilish if not we ourselves?

People eat Rohu and other fishes but it does not mean they dislike Hilish. Hilish is seasonal and so is not available yearlong. Rohu and others can be cultivated throughout the year.

Even if the production of Hilish goes more than 1 million MT, people will eat them without a single piece left.

In your west Bengal people eat more Rohu because it is cheap. But do you know why it is cheap? It is because this is raised in waste toilet water. Now BD imports Rohu from Burma because it is not smelly.

Rohu (Rui) fish curry is actually more delicious than Ilish. The taste of Ilish is not same as before. It's not that delicious anymore.

West Bengal has a huge population who migrated from Bangladesh during India's partition. These "Bangal" Bangalis still love Bangladeshi Ilish so much.

Bangladeshis actually eat Rohu fish more.
Bengalis eat whatever fish is cheaper nowadays. Trashy fished with exorbitant price for most people.
ple eat Rohu and other fishes but it does not mean they dislike Hilish. Hilish is seasonal and so is not available yearlong. Rohu and others can be cultivated throughout the year
Eww who eats farmed rohu 😫

Back
Top Bottom