What's new

Hilsa in a can: Year-round supply of our favorite fish now a reality

Vast majority of Bangladeshis have never tasted Hilsha due to cost.
Mass production of canned Hilsha can change this.

This is blatantly incorrect. Every Bangladeshi ate Hilsha and every Bangladeshi eat at least a few pieces of Hilsha every year.

Anyway a great achievement by BD, no doubt inspired by SHW.
Are you again making fun? What is there to do anything by Hasina when it is Hilsha?

Please say something in its proper perspective. We do not blame Hasina when we have constipation or diarrhea. Or do we?

@Bengal71

Ekattor dada,

Every Bangladeshi ate Hilsha and every Bangladeshi eat at least a few pieces of Hilsha every year.

I suppose your Brazilian counterparts would paraphrase it as "Every Brazilian eats a few pieces of a piranha every year; and every piranha eats a few pieces of a Brazilian every year"

Regards

I doubt Bengalis will eat it. Bengalis are very particular about the Hilsha fish.
Canned Hilsha will be expensive. But moneyed people such as you would buy it off-season whenever you feel like eating it. Just buy, heat, and eat.

There are many rich men such as you in BD. People like me would only be watching the Hilsha pictures on the can top in the shops. No money to buy.

আমার জন্য ঘ্রানে নয় তবে দর্শনে অর্ধেক খাওয়া আর কি ? ভাগ্য বলে কথা। ফকির-মিসকিনের ঘরেে জন্মালে এই হয়।

@Bengal71

Ekattor dada,

Every Bangladeshi ate Hilsha and every Bangladeshi eat at least a few pieces of Hilsha every year.

I suppose your Brazilian counterparts would paraphrase it as "Every Brazilian eats a few pieces of a piranha every year; and every piranha eats a few pieces of a Brazilian every year"

Regards

Except that Hishas' don't literally eat us. But yes, Bengalis not only eat Hilshas, Hilshas eat us.

Usual canning process is to cook the fish in an industrial pressure cooker BEFORE canning, a pressure of above 20 PSI will cook fish to 'soft bones' (gelatinous) consistency, and will not destroy nutritional or flavor values - cook times will vary from 30-to 120 minutes, based on batch testing. Oil may or may not be added.
can you reference this please? what would happen to the flesh if bones are softened by cooking?

You may be found guilty of murder if someone uses hydrochloric acid (HCl) to cook Hilsha and die as a result.
far too many genius scientists here on PDF. so I bow out leaving you the following false info from jahil westerns:

"bone softening is accomplished by soaking the pre-gutted and pre-scaled fish in an aqueous solution of Hydrochloric Acid at temperatures below about 100 DEG Fahrenheit until the spines and chest bones become acceptably soft."

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US3959507A/en

far too many genius scientists here on PDF. so I bow out leaving you the following false info from jahil westerns:

"bone softening is accomplished by soaking the pre-gutted and pre-scaled fish in an aqueous solution of Hydrochloric Acid at temperatures below about 100 DEG Fahrenheit until the spines and chest bones become acceptably soft."

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US3959507A/en
Why tempest in a small teacup? I find in you a very tiny uncooked acid-soaked inedible fish.

It is not too late yet that you learn the civilities your parents failed to teach you. It is just a discussion forum where people exchange opinions and knowledge. And some may be wrong. But, wise people learn from others.

Why tempest in a small teacup? I find in you a very tiny uncooked acid-soaked inedible fish.

It is not too late yet that you learn the civilities your parents failed to teach you. It is just a discussion forum where people exchange opinions and knowledge. And some may be wrong. But, wise people learn from others.
I love it here at PDF so many Einsteins and PhD holders in multiple fields. so much to learn but alas there is not enuf time in the world to absorb all this knowledge.

so 1 new thing I learnt in this here thread is that when caught making up a lie, start abusing and say it was an opinion not an assertion or an error due to being half-read.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Overrated fish..stay away from this fish unless you plan to vist ER to remove bone stuck in your throat.
Yes, there are bones to be tackled while eating this fish cooked in a pot. But, our fish scientists here are researching how to soften the bones before canned.

I think, in that case, canned fish will not cause the bones stuck in the throat. It may be that BD people will then forget how to eat the cooked Hilsha with bones and will prefer eating only the canned ones with acid-induced soft bones.

Guys, please read about the high price of non-canned Hilsha in Patuakhali. No wonder, canned Hilsha will be a successful business.

Hilsha selling will spread throughout the year, and the producers and distributors will get fair/ better prices by selling their stocks. People in west Bengal will be happy with the availability. BD exports will increase.

Guys, please read about the high price of non-canned Hilsha in Patuakhali. No wonder, canned Hilsha will be a successful business.

Hilsha selling will spread throughout the year, and the producers and distributors will get fair/ better prices by selling their stocks. People in west Bengal will be happy with the availability. BD exports will increase.

Kisu kisu oshadhu byabshayee Ilish macch lobon dia horde koretesey, dam baranor jonno. Eder dhorey thanai shopordo kora uchit.

"Bhokta odhidoptor" (consumer rights agency) ke khobor diley tarai jabey oikhaney VLOGGER nia ar shob gomor fak korey dibey.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in summation, hoarding of salted Hilsa is happening by a section of unscrupulous traders to increase the price (artificial scarcity). These scumbags should be caught and jailed.

Back
Top Bottom