What's new

Hilsa in a can: Year-round supply of our favorite fish now a reality

Overrated fish..stay away from this fish unless you plan to vist ER to remove bone stuck in your throat.

Canned fish will be cooked in an industrial pressure cooker at 20 PSI and High enough temperatures probably around 150 plus centigrade. The high pressure and heat makes liquid (fish oil/water) penetrate the bones and dissolves them partially so they are no longer hard (becomes gelatinous). Bones will not be stuck in one's throat this way.

You can do this at home with your home pressure cooker as well. Try it. Does not change the taste, I haven't tasted Hilsa cooked this way, but those who have are happy with the taste.

Tuna and other smaller canned fish (sardines) are also cooked this way, before canning.

Kisu kisu oshadhu byabshayee Ilish macch lobon dia horde koretesey, dam baranor jonno. Eder dhorey thanai shopordo kora uchit.

"Bhokta odhidoptor" (consumer rights agency) ke khobor diley tarai jabey oikhaney VLOGGER nia ar shob gomor fak korey dibey.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in summation, hoarding of salted Hilsa is happening by a section of unscrupulous traders to increase the price (artificial scarcity). These scumbags should be caught and jailed.
There may be another way to reverse the situation. The govt authority can also adopt policies to raise the production now that the idea of canned Hilsha is circulating among different groups.

Canning will cause the demand to rise and production must follow the demand. By the way, as far as I know BD does not allow traders to export it.

We buy here Burmese Hilish exported from Thailand. Expensive because the supply is low.

There may be another way to reverse the situation. The govt authority can also adopt policies to raise the production now that the idea of canned Hilsha is circulating among different groups.

Canning will cause the demand to rise and production must follow the demand. By the way, as far as I know BD does not allow traders to export it.

We buy here Burmese Hilish exported from Thailand. Expensive because the supply is low.

Thailand has been selling canned goods for export for a while now.

They can start canning Hilsa if demand goes up.

Kisu kisu oshadhu byabshayee Ilish macch lobon dia horde koretesey, dam baranor jonno. Eder dhorey thanai shopordo kora uchit.

@Bilal9 bhai , lobon dia horde kora mane ki eigular kotha bujhacchen?

Naki onno kichchu?

Egulo ke nona ilish bole! Egula onekei khub pochondo Kore!

Eta long time valo thake! Kheteo khub valo! Zodio different taste!

Zodio egula most of people bazaar thekei kine ane!

Bogra / sirajganj esob elakay egula khub jonoprio!

Last edited:

In Japan, there are no canned fish selling in our Deshi Halal market. Frozen Hilsha is imported and sold here. I doubt the canned Hilsha demand will rise unless the prices are cheaper.

Since BD does not allow exports of this item, traders may bring canned Hilsha from Bangkok. But the price must be cheaper than the fresh ones.

I doubt this will happen in the beginning.

@Bilal9 bhai , lobon dia horde kora mane ki eigular kotha bujhacchen?

Naki onno kichchu?

Egulo ke nona ilish bole! Egula onekei khub pochondo Kore!

Eta long time valo thake! Kheteo khub valo! Zodio different taste!

Zodio egula most of people bazaar thekei kine ane!

Bogra / sirajganj esob elakay egula khub jonoprio!

Agreed on all points, you are correct. Salt is used as preservative....

Overrated fish..stay away from this fish unless you plan to vist ER to remove bone stuck in your throat.
Assalamualaikum ustadji Hazrat @Al-zakir ( Da: Ba ) !

After long time saw you posting in this napak section of Pakistan defense forum!

What's the case hajur? :)

The way the news was compiled I was almost thinking if these three University Professors are the initiators of discovering canning. How come Thailand can do it without paying royalties to these uneducated teachers?

By the way, one piece of old news surprised me a few years ago. A ship wrecked during WWl was salvaged and it was found to have many canned foods. Volunteers tasted the food and found them quite edible even after a few decades under seawater.

Assalamualaikum ustadji Hazrat @Al-zakir ( Da: Ba ) !

After long time saw you posting in this napak section of Pakistan defense forum!

What's the case hajur? :)

Hujur rey taqleef diyen na. :-)

Amra shobai ashen milemishey thaki ar alemiya furqania diverse opinion upobhog kori.

Kaukey tar opinion er jonno criticize kora thik na.

Motamot er diversity ar sane exchange of ideas thakley amra shokolei khushi thakbo.

Emonki Bharatiya troll rao dekhben ekdin bhodro hoye jabey. Amader stuti gan gaibey. 8-)

I am ever the optimist.

Hilsa in a can is an interesting idea, but not gonna fly. Hilsa is a sought after fish, not exactly a snack like sardines.

Hilsa in a can is an interesting idea, but not gonna fly. Hilsa is a sought after fish, not exactly a snack like sardines.

It cant be much worse than chicken in a can... (that sound it makes as it plops on the plate....nightmare fuel right there)

The comments are hilarious, I miss this early era of youtube lol

@Destranator @VCheng

Hujur rey taqleef diyen na. :-)

Amra shobai ashen milemishey thaki ar alemiya furqania diverse opinion upobhog kori.

Kaukey tar opinion er jonno criticize kora thik na.

Motamot er diversity ar sane exchange of ideas thakley amra shokolei khushi thakbo.

Emonki Bharatiya troll rao dekhben ekdin bhodro hoye jabey. Amader stuti gan gaibey. 8-)

I am ever the optimist.
@Bilal9 bhai , Amar ustadji re ilish machher kata golay bidhbo bolar jonno taqleef dei na ami! Asole uni amare ottodhik valobasen to,tai ektu khoj khobor nilam ar ki! Accha zan eisob baad dilam ; ontoto hujur otimatray fanafillah vab show na kora porzonto baad! 😊

Eita mana koshtokor bhai. Oi bojjat gula keyamot porzonto zontrona ditei thakbe! Day by day eta barte thakbe. Just dekhte thaken. Eder nia tbh optimistic hoye lav nai.

Ha eder puppet der dhol bajan , eder kache apni fereshta hoye zaben! Na hole kono vabei na!

Last edited:

Dadader kacchey demand aachhey.

Ek Ilish char family bhag korey khan unara.

@Bilal9 bhai , Amar ustadji re ilish machher kata golay bidhbo bolar jonno taqleef dei na ami! Asole uni amare ottodhil valobasen to,tai ektu khoj khobor nilam ar ki! Accha zan eisob baad dilam ; ontoto hujur otimatray fanafillah vab show na kora porzonto baad! 😊

Eita mana koshtokor bhai. Oi bojjat gula keyamot porzonto zontrona ditei thakbe! Day by day eta barte thakbe. Just dekhte thaken. Eder nia tbh optimistic hoye lav nai.

Ha eder puppet der dhol bajan , eder kache apni fereshta hoye zaben! Na hole kono vabei na!

Ha ha ha LOL. Good Points !

Ustad key "Allama Shaikhul Aleem Zakir Hujur" upadhi den.

Uni khushi hoben.... :-)

It cant be much worse than chicken in a can... (that sound it makes as it plops on the plate....nightmare fuel right there)

The comments are hilarious, I miss this early era of youtube lol

@Destranator @VCheng

I was ROFLMAO. Ha ha ha !!

:rofl:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom