What's new

Bangladeshi billionaires: Where art thou?

These Indo-Bangla slugfests are thriving these days. Indo-Pak seems very boring and repetitive by comparison

It does not matter as BD and India are friendly countries and both will co-operate for mutual benefits.

India is ahead of BD in some areas and vice-versa.

Both countries will rise upwards over the next decades and that is all that matters.

I think the trolls from both India and BD are just immature "man-childs" with too much time and frustration in their lives.

Cannot wait to see a free trade-area of 400 million people of W. Bengal, NE States, Nepal, Bhutan and BD of goods, services and energy. This has the potential to revolutionise the lives of everyone in the region over the next 1-2 decades.

Last edited:
Thirty percent houses with brick/cement wall does not mean only 30 percent people lives in those houses. Brick/cement houses includes multistoried building accommodating many families while almost all CI Sheet houses are small, detached house accommodate only single family. So, it is very likely that majority of people lives in brick/cement buildings.

Another fact is, HIES data is from 2016, in the last six years housing construction gained momentum much more quickly than any preceding six years. So it is very much possible that brick/cement houses now comprises almost half of all houses in Bangladesh and a solid majority of population lives on those houses.

Bangladeshi village people loves making their home in colorful CI Sheet over badly build brick houses commonly found in India.

Indian village with brick houses
View attachment 857466

Bangladeshi village with CI Sheet houses.
View attachment 857474

I would rather live in the houses in 2nd picture than those ugly Indian brick houses in 1st picture.

Are you so dumb? The data literally says "households", not housing units or buildings. It's a "household " survey, Genius.

And am I supposed to believe that even your rural areas are full of multi-storied buildings?

But you know, keep finding creative excuses for your backwardness. It's hilarious to watch.

As for supposed the construction boom...

Per capita cement consumption in Bangladesh is about 164 kg, while it is 1,700 kg in China, 1,250 kg in South Korea, 800 kg in Malaysia, 500 kg in Thailand, 270 kg in Myanmar, and 312 kg in India.

Data about the housing conditions (wall/ roof material) for Indian households can be found in Census 2011 datasets, that's 5 years in your favour. Please do check the same.

1656406877457.png

BTW nice work finding pics of your PM's Ashrayan project that is poorly built housing, but that isn't made using CI (Corrugated Iron) sheets. That's brick- cement mortar as evident from these pics.

This is a CI sheet house.

IMG_20220628_151112.jpg

View attachment 857478

Colourful, truly. With rust. Truly the best material you can find to build a house in a flood prone country. :D

I guess you would love to live there and get infected with tetanus.

Last edited:
Tbh in develooing economies i dont see too many billionsires a good sign, it shows high accumulation of wealth among few

Thirty percent houses with brick/cement wall does not mean only 30 percent people lives in those houses. Brick/cement houses includes multistoried building accommodating many families while almost all CI Sheet houses are small, detached house accommodate only single family. So, it is very likely that majority of people lives in brick/cement buildings.

Another fact is, HIES data is from 2016, in the last six years housing construction gained momentum much more quickly than any preceding six years. So it is very much possible that brick/cement houses now comprises almost half of all houses in Bangladesh and a solid majority of population lives on those houses.

Bangladeshi village people loves making their home in colorful CI Sheet over badly build brick houses commonly found in India.

Indian village with brick houses
View attachment 857466

Bangladeshi village with CI Sheet houses.
View attachment 857474

I would rather live in the houses in 2nd picture than those ugly Indian brick houses in 1st picture.

This imbecile is clutching at straws to prove his narrative - BD poor, India superpowa. From cars, to mobile phones now brick houses - he doesn't have the intellect to interpret the data.

But he can't fudge the greatest facts of all:

@SMX 3.0

This imbecile is clutching at straws to prove his narrative - BD poor, India superpowa. From cars, to mobile phones now brick houses - he doesn't have the intellect to interpret the data.

But he can't fudge the greatest facts of all

There is no need to "interpret" the data, retard. It's evident how poor Bangladesh is. Literally everything from the low consumption of smartphones to the poor quality of housing is indicative of the same.

As for the "greatest fact of all".

India 71%
Bangladesh 54%.

17% lower than India. That's UNICEF-WHO Joint Monitoring Program calling bullshit on your 100% sanitation coverage claims. :rofl:

Per capita cement consumption in Bangladesh is about 164 kg, while it is 1,700 kg in China, 1,250 kg in South Korea, 800 kg in Malaysia, 500 kg in Thailand, 270 kg in Myanmar, and 312 kg in India.
For Bangladesh, 164 kg figure is old. By 2018 it has risen to 187 kg. It is certainly now around 250 kg as mega infrastructure construction boom is only started in the last 3-4 years alongside with accelerated housing construction reported by media.
1656412424282.png

I am unwilling to accept Indian figure of 312 kg when Indian Commerce and Industry minister himself given figure of 235 kg cement consumption for India in 2019. I would rather believe Indian minister's data than what was written in a Bangladeshi newspaper for India. So, currently India has no lead over Bangladesh when it comes to cement consumption.

Last edited:
BTW nice work finding pics of your PM's Ashrayan project that is poorly built housing, but that isn't made using CI (Corrugated Iron) sheets. That's brick- cement mortar as evident from these pics.

This is a CI sheet house.
Roof was CI Sheet on that image. Wall made by brick/cement.

I have already made clear, Bangladeshi villagers with modest means would rather go for CI Sheet roof with brick wall or entirely CI Sheet than creating those ugly brick boxes found on Indian villages. Creating those ugly brick boxes may make sense in India where temperature often rises above 50 degree Celcius during Summer. So thick wall and brick/cement roof is needed. Building house with CI Sheet in such environment would be a killer. But this is not the case in Bangladesh, it does not experience temperature that extreme and there is a moderating influence of frequent monsoon shower in Summer. So temperature remain 35-38 degree Celcius even in the hottest period.

It is rare for Bangladeshi people to go for small, one storied brick/cement house like India. They will either build multi storied building with brick cement or go for small one storied CI Sheet roof with brick wall or total CI Sheet depending upon economic means. So you will not find this sh!t in Bangladesh.
1656413874897.png

Last edited:

India 71%
Bangladesh 54%.

17% lower than India. That's UNICEF-WHO Joint Monitoring Program calling bullshit on your 100% sanitation coverage claims. :rofl:

From data.worldbank.org ...

1656414199358.png

Open defecation in BD is 0%.
India.. from almost EVERYONE open defecating to 15% in 20 years, not bad maybe:lol:

Economically India is not too far behind, so I think it's a cultural thing.
@EasyNow

Last edited:
Roof was CI Sheet on that image. Wall made by brick/cement. I have already made clear, Bangladeshi villagers with modest means would rather go for CI Sheet roof with brick wall or entirely CI Sheet than creating those ugly brick boxes found on Indian villages. Creating those ugly brick boxes may make sense in India where temperature often rises above 50 degree Celcius during Summer. So thick wall and brick/cement roof is needed. Building house with CI Sheet in such environment would be a killer. But this is not the case in Bangladesh, it does not experience temperature that extreme and there is a moderating influence of frequent monsoon shower in Summer. So temperature remain 35-38 degree Celcius even in the hottest period.

It is rare for Bangladeshi people to go for small, one storied brick/cement house like India. They will either build multi storied building with brick cement or go for small one storied CI Sheet roof with brick wall or total CI Sheet depending upon economic means. So you will not find this sh!t in Bangladesh.

Keep finding more creative excuses for living in such tetanus- spreading shanties. It's hilarious. :rofl:

The percentage of households with a proper brick mortar wall in Bangladesh is 30%. That's your aukaat.

IMG_20220628_151112.jpg

Yeah they sure could've afforded a proper house. It's not like they built a house out of the most cheapest & corrodible material around because of the unaffordability of proper masonry structures.

Sure. I believe you.

BTW why do your 30% of population still build houses with brick mortar walls? Aren't they aware of this "unique" climate phenomenon?

Why did your PM built Ashrayan Or whatever with brick walls, isn't she aware of this? :lol:

For Bangladesh, 164 kg figure is old. By 2018 it has risen to 187 kg. It is certainly now around 250 kg as mega infrastructure construction boom is only started in the last 3-4 years alongside with accelerated housing construction reported by media.

No one cares about your "assumptions", dear. Provide proper data.

You find 187 kg per capita consumption for Bangladesh acceptable from the same source that's claiming 312 kg for India? Either denounce the entire dataset as unreliable or accept the entire dataset.

See, that's the problem with BBS kind of statistics you have over there. Can't rely too much on them for anything.

Open defecation in BD is 0%.

How does that go with the access to basic sanitation data, genius? Got any clue?

The supposed toilets you have are too unimproved to be counted as basic sanitation. :lol:

Case in point.

“I learned that not one household I surveyed had access to a septic tank. Generally people connect their drain pipes to the nearby river which is heavily polluted, the water is totally black,”

Pretty sure that Bangladeshi government tried to tout this as 100% sanitation coverage to UNICEF/ WHO & got their bullshit called out. :rofl:

Last edited:
So why do your 30% of population still build houses with brick mortar walls? Aren't they aware of this climate phenomenon?
It depends on affordability and need also. I have already said, Bangladeshi people will not build those tiny, ugly and badly made brick boxes found in India. They will either go for beautiful multistoried building if they have economic means or will stick to the detached CI Sheet houses if they can not build multistoried building. Even those who make modest house by CI Sheet in Bangladesh, their costs are not lower than those tiny brick boxes found in Indian villages, if not more. CI Sheet cost Taka 1 lakh per ton. So, it is not that Bangladeshi people will not be able to afford those Indian style ugly brick boxes. Neither those are needed due to climatic difference nor people find those architecture appealing to eyes.

It depends on affordability and need also. I have already said, Bangladeshi people will not build those tiny, ugly and badly made brick boxes found in India. They will either go for beautiful multistoried building if they have economic means or will stick to the detached CI Sheet houses if they can not build multistoried building. Even those who make modest house by CI Sheet in Bangladesh, their costs are not lower than those tiny brick boxes found in Indian villages, if not more. CI Sheet cost Taka 1 lakh per ton. So, it is not that Bangladeshi people will not be able to afford those Indian style ugly brick boxes. Neither those are needed due to climatic difference nor people find those architecture appealing to eyes.

Again, find more creative excuses. This isn't good enough. Maybe claim that Bangladeshis love having tetanus. Or say that having CI sheet homes washed away during floods will add more to the GDP as reconstruction is needed.

But I should say, I am truly in love with this style of "architecture". Such an eye candy.

IMG_20220628_151112.jpg

Meanwhile dumb villagers of my state- which has two rainy seasons an year- build stuff like this.

IMG_20190715_164333 - Copy.jpg

Learn a thing or two on architecture from Bangladeshis, will ya Bloody Keralites...?? :lol:

How does that go with the access to basic sanitation data, genius? Got any clue?

The supposed toilets you have are too unimproved to be counted as basic sanitation. :lol:

Bhai pajeet, you can't get people to shit off the street and you want to talk about besik seniteshon? Misplaced priorities I guess.. :lol:

Last edited:
Meanwhile dumb villagers of my state- which has two rainy seasons an year- build stuff like this.

View attachment 857506

Learn a thing or two on architecture from Bangladeshis, will ya Bloody Keralites...?? :lol:
Keralite certainly have best houses among the Indians, after all Kerala is the most ''developed'' state in otherwise BIMARU dominated India. But Kerala is a small state and it's reality does not represent India. Even most Keralite would not be able to afford the lakeside bunglows you are showing here. Otherwise European/American would be lining up to settle in Kerala.

If you can show this as a representative of what average Keralite lives on. Then I can also show you villages like this in Bangladesh.

Bangladeshi people will not build those tiny, ugly and badly made brick boxes found in India

Sure...

We, the majority people in Bangladesh, live in rural areas and cannot construct RCC & brick based strong, comfortable and decent houses. We opt for building our houses with wood, bamboo and corrugated iron (CI) sheets, as those materials for constructing houses are less costly and more or less durable. But recently we have been observing with concern that prices of all these materials of house building have gone sky high. For example, a mature full-length bamboo that is suitable for house building costs Tk 180.00 per piece, which cost Tk 100.00 a few years back. In the retail market one cannot think of purchasing one cft garjan wood for less than Tk 1, 500.00, which was Tk 1,000.00 last year. The prices of CI sheets have gone too high. The retail price of a bundle of CI sheet of standard thickness to make roof is Tk.7, 500.00, whereas it was around Tk.2,800.00 three years back

CI Sheet cost Taka 1 lakh per ton

And how many tons do you need? Even coloured sheets of better quality costs ~300 rupee per square metre.

Please do calculate how much it'll cost to cover the walls of a 15 feet X 15 feet hut, like the one shown above. :D

Even most Keralite would not be able to afford the lakeside bunglows you are showing here

Those are not a lakeside bungalows but normal homes in Kerala's villages. It's a mostly middle class state & it would be unfair to compare Kerala with BD. See the below point.

Keralite certainly have best houses among the Indians, after all Kerala is the most ''developed'' state

The point is not Kerala or it's development but the architecture & construction of houses in a state that recieves high rainfall & has mostly moderate climate.

You don't see corrugated sheet huts here, do you? Why do you think it's so?

If you can show this as a representative of what average Keralite lives on

You surely "can", but something called statistical data exists.

You already do pretty badly when it comes to comparison with (Mostly BIMARU as you claim :lol:) India in consumption/ housing quality & you want to compare with an even better off, mostly middle class state?? :D

Yeah, I won't get into that. it wouldn't be good for you.

Bhai pajeet, you can't get people to shit off the street and you want to talk about besik seniteshon? Misplaced priorities I guess.. :lol:

You are neck deep in literal sewage, Raqibool. As if all the waste flowing in from India wasn't enough, you literally dump all sewage directly into your rivers.

And then the country has massive nationwide flooding.

A literal cesspool of a swamp. That defines your country so well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom