What's new

Bangladeshi billionaires: Where art thou?

Other day I was asked on this forum by a hindu which muslim country hindus are safe in... I gave him like 10 right off the top of my head... maldives, malaysia, indonesia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Libya, Qatar. Yet muslims are not safe in the only so called hindu majority nation in the world.
Hindus are also safe in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia, Morocco, Tunisia and many other Muslim majority countries. Indian Hindus are very Subcontinent minded people and they made their impression of global Muslims by looking Muslims in the Sub continent. The above mentioned Muslim countries are much more developed, educated, modernized and secularized than India. I am not mentioning Turkey as many Indians have bad impression about that country. But Turks are much more liberal and secularized than even urban middle class Indians. Turkey's per capita GDP in purchasing power is approaching Western European level. Even in the sub continent, Muslims in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Maldives lead a better life than Hindus in caste ridden hunger capital India.

Last edited:
Hindus are also safe in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia, Morocco, Tunisia and many other Muslim majority countries. Indian Hindus are very Subcontinent minded people and they made their impression of global Muslims by looking Muslims in the Sub continent. The above mentioned Muslim countries are much more developed, educated, modernized and secularized than India. I am not mentioning Turkey as many Indians have bad impression about this country. But Turks are much more liberal and secularized than even urban middle class Indians. Turkey's per capita GDP in purchasing power is approaching Western European level. Even in the sub continent, Muslims in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Maldives lead a better life than Hindus in caste ridden and hunger capital India.
lol. that's why we see Hindus pole vaulting into Bangladesh? or Indian muslims running into Pakistan and Bangladesh for asylum like the Hindus from these countries do in india. Even Indian muslims will laugh off any proposition to move themselves to Pakistan or Bangladesh. They see it as offense for some reason. lol.

Car is off limit for middle class in Bangladesh because of up to 500-800 percent import duty on them. On the other hand most Indians buy cheap nano car produce locally.

Explain the much lower motorcycle & smartphone consumption, then.

Nano is no longer in production, while India's best selling top 10 cars Include cars like Hyundai Creta & Tata's Nexon (~12 lakh INR)

India also consumes ~40,000 units monthly of mostly larger SUVs (Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner etc ~20 lakh INR) which is almost double of your annual consumption. And that is mostly smaller 1000-1500 cc cars.

sr_car_import_infograph.jpg

There would have been local production in Bangladesh as the case with Pakistan if there was a sizeable demand for cars. There isn't. That's enough proof.

Number of truck is not a good indicator either. Main thing for economics is how much goods those trucks are carrying. A truck can remain mostly idle or can make multiple trip a day.

Actually I have data regarding just that, wait until I post excerpts from that World Bank report.

Another important thing is, a lot goods in Bangladesh are transported by waterways

You will have to accept that BBS statistics are unreliable, then. Have you seen the estimates by your statistical office & the estimates they have given for value addition of water transport?

Wait, I will post the excerpts this evening.

Even in the sub continent, Muslims in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Maldives lead a better life than Hindus in caste ridden and hunger capital India.

You really really don't want to hear my "Muslim" collegemates from Kerala who work in GCC as engineers have to say about your migrant population over there. :D

lol. that's why we see Hindus pole vaulting into Bangladesh? or Indian muslims running into Pakistan and Bangladesh for asylum like the Hindus from these countries do in india. Even Indian muslims will laugh off any proposition to move themselves to Pakistan or Bangladesh. They see it as offense for some reason. lol.
Hindus have a very territorial mentality, they think Bharatvarsha is their spiritual homeland. Narendra Modi said, every person in the world who celebrate Dashera, is the child of India. Have you ever heard any Muslim leader ever saying something similar? Any Hindu from anywhere from the world is welcome to India to settle and become one of it's own. Because all the Hindus barring Bali Hindus and a few thousand Western converts are Indian origin. Already 94 percent of all Hindus in the World lives in India and another 3 percent in Nepal, another Hindu country. So, India can afford to extend welcome mat to those remaining 3 percent Hindus who are scattered in Bangladesh, Pakistan and other countries. That's why India passed CAA and have Overseas passport to invite them into India.

Now come to Muslims, India is home to at least 200 million Muslims, no Muslim country in the world, not even Pakistan can act as something similar to what India is for Hindus. Indian Muslims know that very well and they have no option no matter how much they are discriminated, lynched, mob attacked and dehumanized.

If there were only 20 million Muslims in India like the number of Hindus in Bangladesh and Pakistan, then we could have exchanged population one to one basis. But the ratio is out of any sense of proportion. Indian Muslims are not staying India because it is giving them a very good life or it is very good at treating them but because they have no alternative unlike Hindus of Bangladesh and Pakistan. I hope you internalized my points here.

Last edited:
Hindus are also safe in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia, Morocco, Tunisia and many other Muslim majority countries. Indian Hindus are very Subcontinent minded people and they made their impression of global Muslims by looking Muslims in the Sub continent. The above mentioned Muslim countries are much more developed, educated, modernized and secularized than India. I am not mentioning Turkey as many Indians have bad impression about that country. But Turks are much more liberal and secularized than even urban middle class Indians. Turkey's per capita GDP in purchasing power is approaching Western European level. Even in the sub continent, Muslims in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Maldives lead a better life than Hindus in caste ridden and hunger capital India.

Even in the subcontinent once in a while you will hear of hindus being discriminated against in Pakistan/Bangladesh yet almost daily you will hear of muslim discriminations or beatings in Hindustan. 90% of pakistani hindus live in Sindh yet vote for the ruling PPP there that has held government last 20 years.

I am not saying there is no discrimination, there is especially in the villages but rarely you will ever hear of it. Usually it is hindustani media that will add a religious aspect to it. At least hindus are not sought out on a mass scale as they are in India. India is on the edge of genocide against Muslims. Hindus/Sikhs are far safer in the islamic republic of Pakistan than secular India.

Hindus will pretend that they are peaceful, yet what happened to the buddhist majority in india? what happened to the jains who were a large minority at one point 20-30% of indias population? Why is the foreign central asian origins of brahmins never discussed or labelled as invaders? as well as there genocide of the natives? what about the 1947 genocide of muslims, the 1984 genocide of sikhs, etc etc...

It is the hindus that are animalistic and genocide minded

Billionaires specifically industrialists have major role in economic development of a nation also GDP contribution

Case study South Korea
View attachment 857308

Remove Samsung, LG and Hyundai from South Korea, overnight the country would be no different from an average South East Asian nation

South Korea is an extreme case, the chaebols are hugely controversial, the path India is following somewhat.

Your ilk is brainless to understand the basics of economics or industrialization, little wonder why it remains an LDC dependent on GSP quota (read western charity) reliant RMG exports.

Yeah the New York Times & it's opinion pieces are now the reliable source for such matters.

Meanwhile...

But yeah I guess we need BBS' help for vetting these statistical data given by World Bank. :lol:

Wow you're ranting with ad hominem attacks now.

Light a candle to your billionaire he might bless you with some crumbs. In the meantime, here is reality:

How cringe can you get - while disparaging an NYT article you counter it with one from theprint.in !?

Even the 'reports' quoted in your article are all written by Indians - with one titled "Poverty In India Has Declined Over The Last Decade But Not As Much As Previously Thought" - and you put a positive spin on it.

South Korea is an extreme case, the chaebols are hugely controversial, the path India is following somewhat.

South Korea and India are very different kinds of society. The chaebol thing will not work. You will end up with 0.1% ultra rich and the average pajeet struggling to get 3 decent meals a day.

Explain the much lower motorcycle & smartphone consumption, then.

Nano is no longer in production, while India's best selling top 10 cars Include cars like Hyundai Creta & Tata's Nexon (~12 lakh INR)

India also consumes ~40,000 units monthly of mostly larger SUVs (Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner etc ~20 lakh INR) which is almost double of your annual consumption. And that is mostly smaller 1000-1500 cc cars.

View attachment 857432

There would have been local production in Bangladesh as the case with Pakistan if there was a sizeable demand for cars. There isn't. That's enough proof.

Actually I have data regarding just that, wait until I post excerpts from that World Bank report.

You will have to accept that BBS statistics are unreliable, then. Have you seen the estimates by your statistical office & the estimates they have given for value addition of water transport?

Wait, I will post the excerpts this evening.

You really really don't want to hear my "Muslim" collegemates from Kerala who work in GCC as engineers have to say about your migrant population over there. :D

You're extremely dumb for a troll - because you keep getting triggered.

Your idiotic points have been countered so many times on this very thread - but you can't digest it.

South Korea and India are very different kinds of society. The chaebol thing will not work. You will end up with 0.1% ultra rich and the average pajeet struggling to get 3 decent meals a day.

Indians can't see that they've been on this 'billionaire saviour' path since independence.

From tatas, birlas, ambanis now it's the software tycoons - they glorify billionaires and expect them to save society. 75 years Indians still have massive, extreme poverty but they never learn.

Wow you're ranting with ad hominem attacks now.

Light a candle to your billionaire he might bless you with some crumbs. In the meantime, here is reality:

How cringe can you get - while disparaging an NYT article you counter it with one from theprint.in !?

Even the 'reports' quoted in your article are all written by Indians - with one titled "Poverty In India Has Declined Over The Last Decade But Not As Much As Previously Thought" - and you put a positive spin on it.
You're extremely dumb for a troll - because you keep getting triggered.

Your idiotic points have been countered so many times on this very thread - but you can't digest it.

Says the moron who claims that the low consumption of automobiles in the swamp is due to "compassion. :rofl:

Can't expect better from the swamp for which having a 6 km bridge built by the Chinese is a huge deal.

You literally have "Prince" who made a fortune by exporting your slave labour to the Middle East. :rofl:

Shame that he isn't a billionaire yet, I guess that has to do with the "quality" of the "product" he exports. :D

1656402213170.png

Greatest style icon in the swamp. Obviously, can't expect better.

The Print article quotes a WB report about poverty reduction. That has more value than any op-eds published anywhere.

It's almost like they have a fetish for being exploited by elites..

Exploited? You mean being made to work 14 hours a day for meagre wages in sweatshops that'll collapse any minute... ??

still have massive, extreme poverty

Quite rich, coming from that country where only 30% of households have a brick/ cement wall. :rofl:

1628847818429.png

Pretty sure that all of those CI sheet hut dwellers would be classified as being above the poverty line by BBS. :D

Little wonder why even your women jump over fences to work as maids in Delhi.

Exploited? You mean being made to work 14 hours a day for meagre wages in sweatshops that'll collapse any minute... ??

Quite rich, coming from that country where only 30% of households have a brick/ cement wall. :rofl:

View attachment 857461

Pretty sure that all of those CI sheet hut dwellers would be classified as being above the poverty line by BBS. :D

Little wonder why even your women jump over fences to work as maids in Delhi.
Thirty percent houses with brick/cement wall does not mean only 30 percent people lives in those houses. Brick/cement houses includes multistoried building accommodating many families while almost all CI Sheet houses are small, detached house accommodate only single family. So, it is very likely that majority of people lives in brick/cement buildings.

Another fact is, HIES data is from 2016, in the last six years housing construction gained momentum much more quickly than any preceding six years. So it is very much possible that brick/cement houses now comprises almost half of all houses in Bangladesh and a solid majority of population lives on those houses.

Bangladeshi village people loves making their home in colorful CI Sheet over badly build brick houses commonly found in India.

Indian village with brick houses
1656405413900.png

Bangladeshi village with CI Sheet houses.
1656406877457.png

I would rather live in the houses in 2nd picture than those ugly Indian brick houses in 1st picture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom