Bangladeshi investors can set up fertiliser factories in Uzbekistan: PM Hasina

ECONOMY

UNB
29 July, 2022, 09:15 pm
Last modified: 29 July, 2022, 09:20 pm

Photo: PID

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday said Bangladesh is encouraging it's investors to set up fertilizer factories in Uzbekistan under joint ventures.

She said this when Uzbek Deputy Prime Minister for Investment and Foreign Economic Relations Jamshid Abdurakhimovich Khodjaev paid a courtesy call on her at PM's official residence Ganobhaban here.

In a media briefing, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said the premier put emphasis on developing direct connectivity with Uzbekistan.

She said both Bangladesh and Uzbekistan should work together to explore many areas for the mutual benefits of the two countries.

Hasina said Bangladesh is setting up 100 economic zones across the country to utilise the young and vibrant manpower.

She said Bangladesh attaches importance to the relationship with Uzbekistan.

Recalling the visit of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur to Tashkent, Uzbekistan in 1973, she said the trip had laid the foundation of the bilateral relations between the two countries which has got strengthened over the years.

She said Bangladesh is emphasising on the development of ago-processing industries to meet the growing demand of local markets and export those to the international markets.

About the Russia-Ukraine war, the PM said it is causing problems for all the countries and the people are suffering for it.

She said Bangladesh has started taking precautionary measures amid the global crisis.

The Uzbek Deputy Prime Minister put emphasis on strengthening further his country's long-term friendship and cooperation with Bangladesh.

"Bangladesh is a potential partner of Uzbekistan and we want to transform it to a strategic partnership," he was quoted as telling the Bangladesh PM.

He said his country is keen to enhance economic cooperation with Bangladesh.

Jamshid Abdurakhimovich Khodjaev, also the Investment and Foreign Trade Minister, said Uzbekistan is a good hub of CIS (Commonwealth Independent States) countries as there is a lot of potentials for developing business here.

He sought cooperation with Bangladesh in the pharmaceuticals and ICT sectors.

The visiting Uzbek Deputy Prime Minister highly appreciated Bangladesh's economic advancement, growing per capita income and development of agriculture sector.

He said they hope to set up Uzbekistan embassy in Dhaka.

In this regard, the Bangladesh PM assured him of all support and cooperation.

Jamshid Abdurakhimovich Khodjaev conveyed the greetings of Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Sheikh Hasina.

Hasina also conveyed her regards to Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev and invited him to visit Bangladesh at his conveniences.

During the meeting, both sides have agreed to work on for avoidance of double taxation.

Uzbek Deputy Minister for Investment and Foreign Affairs Laziz Kudratov and Uzbek Deputy Minister for Civil Aviation Jasurbek Choriev, Bangladesh PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim and Bangladesh ambassador to Uzbekistan Jahangir Alam were present.

When you take away the Russification of his name, the Deputy PM's name is Jamshid Abdur Rahim Hodja.

Khojja, Hodja or Khwaja, is a Turkic/Persian word literally meaning 'master' or ‘lord', was used in Central Asia as a title of the descendants of the noted Central Asian Naqshbandi Sufi teacher, Ahmad Kasani or others in the Naqshbandi intellectual lineage prior to Baha al-din Naqshband.

Of course the the most famous Hodja was Nasreddin Hodja from Turkey, whose funny stories we grew up listening to in Bangladesh. His stories have been translated to Bengali extensively.

Some of the stories,

More on topic, Uzbekistan is a great trading partner for Bangladesh because one of their main agricultural product is high quality cotton, which we buy in great quantity. In fact Bangladesh is the second largest buyer (and processor) of cotton globally, after China, this year imports will top 9 Million Bales compared to 12 Million bales by China. Tim Martin of AUSTRADES, New Delhi-based Australian trade commissioner and Bangladesh country manager said the number would double in the next four years and Bangladesh should overcome China as the world’s largest cotton importer.

image003-1.png

Last edited:
When you take away the Russification of his name, the Deputy PM's name is Jamshid Abdur Rahim Hodja.

Khojja, Hodja or Khwaja, is a Turkic/Persian word literally meaning 'master' or ‘lord', was used in Central Asia as a title of the descendants of the noted Central Asian Naqshbandi Sufi teacher, Ahmad Kasani or others in the Naqshbandi intellectual lineage prior to Baha al-din Naqshband.

Of course the the most famous Hodja was Nasreddin Hodja from Turkey, whose funny stories we grew up listening to in Bangladesh. His stories have been translated to Bengali extensively.

Some of the stories,

More on topic, Uzbekistan is a great trading partner for Bangladesh because one of their main agricultural product is high quality cotton, which we buy in great quantity. In fact Bangladesh is the second largest buyer (and processor) of cotton globally, after China, this year imports will top 9 Million Bales compared to 12 Million bales by China.

image003-1.png
" ..Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Sheikh Hasina...."

That's Shafquat Mirza :lol:

So, Hasina has asked the fertilizer people to invest in Uzbekistan. I wonder if they are to take also our high-grade BD technology to that country?

So, Hasina has asked the fertilizer people to invest in Uzbekistan. I wonder if they are to take also our high-grade BD technology to that country?
Please don't question our fertilzer tech. Our fertilizer tech is so advanced, we get weapons as by-products:

On a serious note, who cares where the technology is from? If our investors can invest and bring back revenue, godspeed to them.

Bhaikey khepaiya ki luv? :-)

When he insults Bangladesh and makes racist comments, it becomes very personal, as a person whose family actually paid the price for freedom instead of running to Japan, I find it very offensive and insensitive.

And he's insulted my family earlier.. now you tell me Bhai, how can someone let that slide ?

Please don't question our fertilzer tech. Our fertilizer tech is so advanced, we get weapons as by-products:

On a serious note, who cares where the technology is from? If our investors can invest and bring back revenue, godspeed to them.
All these diplomatic overtures should not sway us. If our people have that much investment Capital, they should keep on investing in the homeland.

Even a 1000 billion investment will raise the GDP by about $330 billion worth of goods per year although our greatest economist @Black_cats believes, the BD economy will shortly grow to $1000 billion without any financial investments.

Japan should have been taught this new BD financial method of producing new wealth out of nothing 150 years ago as if BD is a Sai Baba of India. With lessons from BD, the Japanese would not have to work hard days and nights.

However, that much investment money will never be available in BD. Whatever money we had in the banks has been borrowed by the GoB to spend on beautification works. The amount in dollars is $78 billion.

When he insults Bangladesh and makes racist comments, it becomes very personal, as a person whose family actually paid the price for freedom instead of running to Japan, I find it very offensive and insensitive.

And he's insulted my family earlier.. now you tell me Bhai, how can someone let that slide ?

Well I guess you do have a point considering your family situation.

Sometimes people bad-mouth their own country because of frustration.

I'd venture a guess that is why he left overseas in the first place.

But in here - we will have all types of people and opinions.

Best option is to 'ignore' people.

Idiot, since before tagging with a new name, you are the one who has been sending a continuous barrage of insults and bullying towards me.

Why? Is it because of your jealousy? You do not have to be jealous because I live in Japan. Do not you remember you sometimes claiming you are a German and only a few days ago you claimed you are a Korean?

The only truth is your upbringing is near a red lights ghetto, idiot. Otherwise, how a person can use such bad language as a prostitute?

Now, you are crying when I pointed out your language is very near to redlight districts and Tokai upbringing. I avoided answering your Tokai language for more than two years. Now, you will see I can match your vulgar language because I have learned it from your many bullying posts, Idiot!!

Idiots like you are unable to teach anything to others because you are void of knowledge, and cannot also learn from others because your Magaz is void.

Last edited:
Idiot, since before tagging with a new name, you are the one who has been sending a continuous barrage of insults and bullying towards me.

Why? Is it because of your jealousy? You do not have to be jealous because I live in Japan. Do not you remember you sometimes claiming you are a German and only a few days ago you claimed you are a Korean?

The only truth is your upbringing is near a red lights ghetto, idiot. Otherwise, how a person can use such bad language as a prostitute?

Now, you are crying when I pointed out your language is very near to redlight districts and Tokai upbringing. I avoided answering your Tokai language for more than two years. Now, you will see I can match your vulgar language because I have learned it from your many bullying posts, Idiot!!

Idiots like you are unable to teach anything to others because you are void of knowledge, and cannot also learn from others because your Magaz is void.

Bhai okey gali diyen na, "ignore" korey den.

That way you don't have to see his posts.

When did I claim I'm German or Korean? Maybe you should visit a hospital in your so called "Japan", if you even live there lmao..

Come back down to Earth Mistiri, the world doesn't revolve around your childish rants.

You're a loser and the entire subforum sees you as a joke, I'll leave it at that. :lol:

He should ignore my posts. instead, he would abuse me all the time as if it is some fun that I enjoy. His Upper Chamber is void of knowledge. Only big talking in a big voice that symbolizes his upper chamber.

I am here to learn from others but this Kuwaiti-flagged guy has nothing that I can learn from. I remember, in this forum, someone was telling that he knows him and his sister as swindlers.

And he comes here to tell us he is a big patriot of Bangladesh.

Nobody mentioned anything about swindlers lol, we all know you're an low life who just wanted to bring my sister ala family up..

It's okay, I can sense your frustration old man, now go back to shining shoes and while you're at it maybe learn a thing or two about how to conduct yourself on a forum of this size, unless of course you're happy with being seen as a clown 🤡, good going then.

Imagine being this bitter, to try and sneak in insults at people's family lmao, he probably has none by virtue of daulatdia.

Well I guess you do have a point considering your family situation.

Sometimes people bad-mouth their own country because of frustration.

I'd venture a guess that is why he left overseas in the first place.

But in here - we will have all types of people and opinions.

Best option is to 'ignore' people.

Look at this fokirni insulting my family again, you can see the pattern, surely you can.

You came with a Kuwaiti flag, then you claimed you did higher studies in a very upper-class University in Germany. Now, you have also claimed that you studied also in South Korea.

So, am I mistaken to say you are a German and a Korean? I just wish you learn how Germany or Korea developed. Study hard, idiot, and only then come to a forum to contribute, bloody evil patriot!!

You came with a Kuwaiti flag, then you claimed you did higher studies in a very upper-class University in Germany. Now, you have also claimed that you studied also in South Korea.

So, am I mistaken to say you are a German and a Korean? I just wish you learn how Germany or Korea developed. Study hard, idiot, and only then come to a forum to contribute, bloody evil patriot!!

When have I claimed I've studied in South Korea, let alone been to South East Asia ???!

Are you going to make stuff up once every post just to divert from the fact that you've been exposed as a bitter fraud who adds nothing of substance to the forum ? Except for the odds insult laden rant ?

How about you go and study clown, there's more than one ways for a country to develop and one of them is getting rid of losers like you.

There is no one size fits all red carpet to developed status, if you had even a modest IQ, you'd know that already.

The UK, China, Korea, the USA all started off with putting their large and cheap workforce to use, typically in textile industry.

Go back to school or maybe I should say 'go to school' instead as it appears that you've never seen the inside of a classroom before from the way you speak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom