What's new

Bangladesh's Deep Sea Port Problem

@was @Oscar @WAJsal Please clean this thread. I have also noted that a significant number of Indian members regularly troll BD threads.

Such members need to temporarily banned until a change in behavior is observed.

Spare the BDeshis Joe. These guys are bashed in EVERY thread in this forum by Indians
. Please show some sympathy to them.

You have a point. You always make sense.

I always support the Bangladeshi members whenever I can, until they start attacking Indian members unnecessarily (attacks on boors and trolls are of course different), or attacking Indian positions on international relations, or implying cheap motives to India to account for her actions, or making odious comparisons. At such times, I prefer to stay away, and USUALLY leave it to others to mount what defence they wish to. My national loyalty trumps my ethnic loyalty.

Sometimes it gets too much.

I'm deleting my post.

PS: @Nilgiri I suggest you too delete your posts. It is best to ignore these minor issues and cut them some slack. Just a suggestion, entirely up to you. This guy Tripoli always gives a sensible and balanced feedback, and I'm beginning to trust his judgement a lot.

I always support the Bangladeshi members whenever I can, until they start attacking Indian members unnecessarily (attacks on boors and trolls are of course different), or attacking Indian positions on international relations, or implying cheap motives to India to account for her actions, or making odious comparisons. At such times, I prefer to stay away, and USUALLY leave it to others to mount what defence they wish to. My national loyalty trumps my ethnic loyalty.

I'm deleting my post.
Agreed. The problem is not completely one sided.

Thanks for the confession. Hope some BD members read it. It could solve a lot of problems.

Agreed. The problem is not completely one sided.

Thanks for the confession. Hope some BD members read it. It could solve a lot of problems.

No, it's an asymmetric situation. We have to give a lot and not expect anything in return; expectations of that sort would be unrealistic.

I like your insights.

I'm deleting my post.

PS: @Nilgiri I suggest you too delete your posts. It is best to ignore these minor issues and cut them some slack. Just a suggestion, entirely up to you. This guy Tripoli always gives a sensible and balanced feedback, and I'm beginning to trust his judgement a lot.

OK since I respect you Joe, I deleted some of my somewhat more troll-responding posts other than 1 or 2 which I think contained some significant points....and I think the whole convo with species about his forum policing and interpretation of my "ignorance" can stick around as well.

I think I am going to be more selective about what I post in this forum now....it seems lots of people take things too personally or seriously....and its not worth the effort to keep going in circles.

OK since I respect you Joe, I deleted some of my somewhat more troll-responding posts other than 1 or 2 which I think contained some significant points....and I think the whole convo with species about his forum policing and interpretation of my "ignorance" can stick around as well.

I think I am going to be more selective about what I post in this forum now....it seems lots of people take things too personally or seriously....and its not worth the effort to keep going in circles.

Completely agree. Let them be for some time. They're too sensitive at the moment.

Okay..I am totally quitting BD section for a month in the hope that they will improve the quality of discussion and overall reputation of this section. -24/06/2016. :)

Completely agree. Let them be for some time. They're too sensitive at the moment.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Enjoy! Just leave the barfi for me. ;)

_870899ae-878c-11e5-9788-42b4b9d38c49.jpg

Thank you for your cooperation.
Enjoy! Just leave the barfi for me. ;)

_870899ae-878c-11e5-9788-42b4b9d38c49.jpg

It's a shame you aren't a Moderator. You have this very tranquillising effect, at least on me, and I find myself much calmer and reasonable after reading what you have to say.

Tripoli for President! OK, let's settle for municipal councillor to start with.

I am not all that concerned about your opinion w.r.t us and Kashmir (its our internal matter). Just be careful when you quote development numbers is all I'm saying really.

Dont argue with @Abu Zolfiqar . If your post make some sense, he will mark negative on your posts. :lol:

Last edited:
Post these own Indian sources? I go by international accepted figures, not random articles one can find that can concoct numbers out of thin air or use old/dubious sources.

The estimate for 2015 is 44% (not 67%):

http://data.unicef.org/water-sanitation/sanitation.html

9Wksxn9.jpg

This figure will drop drastically in the years to come as the full govt focused programs come into play. The target is 0% by 2019.

So we can maintain Kashmir and develop at the same time. Its not a question of choosing one of the two.....I mean look at our overall HDI compared to Pakistan. Indians live longer, earn and consume more (and are growing income wayfaster) and are better educated...and the disparity in all of these is only increasing each year....so indeed maybe it is you that should introspect about the level of resources you have diverted away from especially schooling (given Pakistan literacy rate is actually falling now) to your military before criticizing India.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

Otherwise don't bring the development angle to it in the first place and stick to solely saying its an indigenous phenomenon or whatever.

Something interesting to add here:

Kashmir HDI for 2012 @ 0.626 is higher than both India's and Pakistan's HDIs of 2014 @ 0.609 and 0.528 respectively.

Guess India's investments in Kashmir do pay off :)

http://www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/files/file/Human and Child Deprivation.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#cite_note-UNDP2015-2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom