What's new

BDS-Beidou Navigation Satellite System Completed ! [From China For The World]

And thanks to our friends, Pakistan has the military signal for precision guidance among other benefits.
It's only for strategic partners

And thanks to our friends, Pakistan has the military signal for precision guidance among other benefits.
It's only for strategic partners and allies

Which hardware?

you realize 10m accuracy is useless for most applications today?

10m is longer than the length of 2 cars together. Totally useless in car navigation!

Which hardware?Upgrade your world war 2/Soviet arties since you asked for military applications.

PS:GPS is providing 10m for civilian application, you needed the help from local base station to increased the accuracy.

Last edited:
Which hardware?

you realize 10m accuracy is useless for most applications today?

10m is longer than the length of 2 cars together. Totally useless in car navigation!

Gps standard accuracy without augmentation device is worse than Beidou.

Examples of augmentation systems include the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS), Differential GPS (DGPS), inertial navigation systems (INS) and Assisted GPS. The standard accuracy of about 15 meters (49 feet) can be augmented to 3–5 meters (9.8–16.4 ft) with DGPS, and to about 3 meters (9.8 feet) with WAAS.[154]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

i can bet this last satellite Beidou 3 is covering some insignificant area in South Pacific between Australia and South America. Even its not available , all mainland continent have already covered.

You can already now freely use Beidou 3 in any parts of the world unless you are sailing into some distant South Pacific area.

Read again, I mean the US monoply, not who invented what. GPS posed a security concern to China and now we are free of that concern.

Not really as long as you rely on external signals for geolocating you aren't free of security concerns.

i can bet this last satellite Beidou 3 is covering some insignificant area in South Pacific between Australia and South America. Even its not available , all mainland continent have already covered.

You can already now freely use Beidou 3 in any parts of the world unless you are sailing into some distant South Pacific area.

Now what I want to know, is how to switch my smartphone to Beidou one.

Because what I know, every Android phones can use gps or Beidou.

This is the last US technological monoply that I can think of, but now this last monoply is being removed.
Monopoly = mono means one.
Since the European and Russian systems are already operational , how is china breaking a monopoly ?
Correct term would be China is breaking a triopoly.
4th in line basically.

Now what I want to know, is how to switch my smartphone to Beidou one.

Because what I know, every Android phones can use gps or Beidou.
Under civilian use, both US GPS and Chinese Beidou are interchangable compliment each other in case, one is weak. Which means u are supposed to use US GPS but when US signal is weak, it will automatic switch over to Beidou signal. Your smartphone maybe already using Beidou signal but just that you are not aware.

https://www.gps.gov/policy/cooperation/china/2017-joint-statement/

Even U-2 pilot use Beidou signal as backup, you can imagine how good and accurate Beidou is.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/mil...-plane-pilots-use-chinas-satellite-navigation

Beidou accuracy level is 10 cm .
Galileo has 1 cm level.

And my note series already has Galileo.

Monopoly = mono means one.
Since the European and Russian systems are already operational , how is china breaking a monopoly ?
Correct term would be China is breaking a triopoly.
4th in line basically.
Russian and European are not good and not global. They are no match for Chinese Beidou one.

https://www.gpsworld.com/russian-rocket-carrying-three-glonass-satellites-crashes/

Russian has failed to replace the retired one. There is huge doubt about its global accuracy.

Complete nonsense
LOL.. Those facts must have touch a nerve for you. Why not you post article informed us Russian has replace those GLONASS retired or Galileo has already completed all require satellite required?

As long as the require number of satellite are not up there. There is no way, it can perform miracle and brag about its accuracy.

LOL.. Those facts must have touch a nerve for you. Why not you post article informed us Russian has replace those GLONASS retired or Galileo has already completed all require satellite required?

As long as the require number of satellite are not up there. There is no way, it can perform miracle and brag about its accuracy.
I am a regular on space forums. Not going to waste my time with paid propagandists.
China should be happy it has a GPS type system , no need to indulge in fake news.

Back
Top Bottom