What's new

BDS-Beidou Navigation Satellite System Completed ! [From China For The World]

I think the 10m is referring to Beidu2 not the final constellation which is 4 - 3 m probably lower than that if you take into account that they will probably built local augmentation networks and will finished this year.
And most civilians GNSS receiver will use multi constellations signals BEIDOU, GLONASS, GALILEO and GPS combine to archive sub-meter level accuracy. Don't worry to much about the accuracy of one constellation.
Most navigation systems use GPS, so in compass in smartphones, service as google map. That’s new to me that they can receive signals from their sat systems. Auto navigation needs accuracy in sub meter. A car is measured about 5m. So anything greater that 5m is useless.

Most navigation systems use GPS, so in compass in smartphones, service as google map. That’s new to me that they can receive signals from their sat systems. Auto navigation needs accuracy in sub meter. A car is measured about 5m. So anything greater that 5m is useless.
convinced your army for encrypted military application, you'll then having access to 10cm accuracy in asia pacifc region.:pop:;)

How good it is in front gps?
I don't know where I've read this. But I heard it's more accurate than GPS. Pls don't take my word for granted. I could be wrong.

Why your kind always love to spreading fake news? :D

Galileo accuracy is 20cm, much worse than Beidou (BDS) 10cm accuracy.
Yes, its better than 30cm GPS, but definetly nothing compared with China Beidou (BDS)
Bro, you still don't know Indians? :lol:

convinced your army for encrypted military application, you'll then having access to 10cm accuracy in asia pacifc region.:pop:;)
Ok feel free to give the military code to me

by the way what encryption technique is in use by the PLA?

But in this case quality over quantity trumps.
The atomic clocks being used in most Chinese satellites are made by European companies.
Chinese have recently copied a few clocks but you know never know with copies.
Lol... Typical Indian cheapshot. Just like trump accuse Huawei of copy 5G but Ren zhengfei ask US don't even have 5G so how can China copy from US?

https://insidegnss.com/china-launch...es-featuring-accurate-rubidium-atomic-clocks/

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/art...old-atomic-clock-space-and-itll-stay-accurate

Ok feel free to give the military code to me

by the way what encryption technique is in use by the PLA?
I think any military can use any of the constellations for navigation as long the the owner of the constellation decide not to shutdown the civilian signal which allow speeds of 500m/s and altitudes of 60km, so unless you are doing ICBMs like China or Pakistan, for navigation ti will be fine.
And with multiconstellation receivers you can have greater accuracy.
the real advantage of the military code is not the 1-10cm accuracy because even a meter or two is fine if you are launching cruise missiles and more if are aiding those with an INS, the real advantage of the military code is, encryption, jamming resistant, ultra high speed and altitude.

I think any military can use any of the constellations for navigation as long the the owner of the constellation decide not to shutdown the civilian signal which allow speeds of 500m/s and altitudes of 60km, so unless you are doing ICBMs like China or Pakistan, for navigation ti will be fine.
And with multiconstellation receivers you can have greater accuracy.
the real advantage of the military code is not the 1-10cm accuracy because even a meter or two is fine if you are launching cruise missiles and more if are aiding those with an INS, the real advantage of the military code is, encryption, jamming resistant, ultra high speed and altitude.
I wish we in Vietnam have Icbm.
then 10m accuracy ist certainly good enough.

I wish we in Vietnam have Icbm.
then 10m accuracy ist certainly good enough.
Why you want an Intercontinental Ballistic missile if you dont have long range adversaries?
Medium range ballistic missiles and Cruises missiles are cheaper more fit for tactical theater.
By the way you can use the Civil signal in subsonic cruise missile but i dont think is possible to be used with ballistic missiles because they fly hyper sonic speeds and in near space.
Is not impossible it can be done using a really good Inertia Navigation System for short range missiles but not for long range that have to stay in near space for long time.

Last edited:
Internet!

when China invents chinese Internet?

US still dominates in Satellite phones and it's going to be the next big thing.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/20/a...for-direct-wireless-iphone-data-transmission/
Apple reportedly working on satellite technology for direct wireless iPhone data transmission

"...the purpose of the team and its work is to potentially develop communications satellite technology that can send and receive data directly to user devices, including the iPhone, in a bid to make it possible to connect Apple devices without the need of a third-party network."

Also

https://www.starlink.com/
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe.

10m accuracy for general public?

It's cm not m.

Last edited:
images (70).jpeg

Confirmed, this tuesday :china: All the best, China !

Ea2cbDdUwAAiyit.jpeg

images (71).jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom