What's new

Best places to eat in Islamabad and Northern Areas

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salams Gents,

I'm coming to Pakistan in the summer inshaAllah and if I don't get picked up in a vigo i have planned to visit the northern areas.

Specifically I am going to go to Islamabad, Abbotabbad, Naran, Karimabad, Gilgit.

I want a few suggestions on good places to eat. They don't have to be fancy, but clean and have family seating areas.

Decent karahi's, Biryanis, bbq, authentic food.

Also for Islamabad i hear there are some banging burger places and dessert shops. I want to know the places with the top food, i don't want to hear about Monal or anywhere people go for instagram pictures.

Any suggestions?

Also anywhere to avoid.

any thoughts on places to visit would be good too. we've got a list, but if you guys have been before, would be useful to know about your experiences.

Islamabad - Monal Restaurant was quite good and had dinner/lamb chops at this place. There may be others too I am not aware of.

I would suggest visiting kumrat and mahodand swat, though the road is challenging. Hunza is also really nice.

Salams Gents,

I'm coming to Pakistan in the summer inshaAllah and if I don't get picked up in a vigo i have planned to visit the northern areas.

Specifically I am going to go to Islamabad, Abbotabbad, Naran, Karimabad, Gilgit.

I want a few suggestions on good places to eat. They don't have to be fancy, but clean and have family seating areas.

Also for Islamabad i hear there are some banging burger places and dessert shops. I want to know the places with the top food, i don't want to hear about Monal or anywhere people go for instagram pictures.

Any suggestions?

Also anywhere to avoid.

any thoughts on places to visit would be good too. we've got a list, but if you guys have been before, would be useful to know about your experiences.
These clowns chaprasi uncles in Vigo mostly pick people up and tell them to delete stuff. Usually it's followed by threat to mother/sister/female family members/kids etc.

For overseas Pakistanis they threaten with visa, nationality or some other sh!t. Like b!tch you wanna pull all this dramey baazi but still ask us for remittance?

Pakistani cuisine in Isloo is trash.
If you're not used to it or go to places not well known then yeah. One example is Savour. To the unacquainted palate it might taste a bit bland. To me as well it was an acquired taste.

Otherwise I think Lahore/Gujranwala has best food.

I believe even in Murree places like Usmania etc were started by people from central Punjab. My dad ran the hotels oversight department (Excise I think) from RWP over there.

Tried Hyderabadi/Karachi style not a fan unfortunately. Only place I liked was Agha's in TX I think they're from Karachi???

Hyderabadi style/cuisine outright sucks. Even when they open American fast food it sucks @$$

Last edited:
Salams Gents,

Any suggestions?

Also anywhere to avoid.

Am sure you be visiting Baba Ji restaurant on the way to AJK. Amazing parathas from there. There is one restaurant in Islamabad where they make handi with desi ghee. Delicious, unfortunately cannot remember the name.

Islamabad has good food all over. The restaurants in blue area are especially good.

Bring lots of money this time…..inflation at its peak now brother…..
Do share your adventured and eateries here once u done the trip with family

Whilst travelling in Pakistan I realised that if you want fancy renataurnt they are available but food is poor.
If yiu want good desi food then try dhabas and truck stops. Dhal here is amazing. Meat is excellent. Tea superb

Lol

Freakin Brits treating Pakistan as some food shop.

Islamabad - Monal Restaurant was quite good and had dinner/lamb chops at this place. There may be others too I am not aware of.
Does Monal still exist, I was planning on visiting Pakistan this year but the situation at airports is so bad due to staff shortages - I am now planning on visiting next year, apart from Monal are there are other good places people can recommend? The last time I visited Pakistan was in 2013, so it's been a long time, I must admit, I am homesick

Lol

Freakin Brits treating Pakistan as some food shop.
OP has right to enjoy Pakistani foods, real taste here haha

On another note,
These days you will notice like 1/4 of qaum is busy uploading videos of themselves, podcasts or some vlog about their cooking or trips…
Favourite passtime of our qaum these days….khud he sara dara facebook/yahudiyon ko de chuke
Even household women getting into it…..waise west ko galiyan b detay phirte lekin unki websites bharpur use kerte

Does Monal still exist, I was planning on visiting Pakistan this year but the situation at airports is so bad due to staff shortages - I am now planning on visiting next year, apart from Monal are there are other good places people can recommend? The last time I visited Pakistan was in 2013, so it's been a long time, I must admit, I am homesick
Situation at airports is fine here bro…..which airport is shit? Islamabad was fine when i came, was out in 45mins tops with luggage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom