What's new

Beware Russian & Americans...

nightcrawler

Reaction score
Beware Russian & Americans, as there comes another player in Space race…Japan is pushing its already praised technical & engineering abilities to have a slice in the shares of billion dollar space launch industry, specializing in the launch of commercial satellites. Being renowned of their silicon & nano industry Japanese are trying hard to prove that they are second to none in even designing monsters like rocket launchers.
Documentary

DefenceDog: H-IIA Japanese Space Rocket

Japan is NOT new in this business.

Japan's previous rocket designs has some flaws and thus couldn't capture as much of the market as was required.

Japan is a big a very big partner in the space station. Also Japan sent a couple of probes to Mars but sadly they never made it to their destination.

Japan is NOT new in this business.

Japan's previous rocket designs has some flaws and thus couldn't capture as much of the market as was required.
Ingenious designs are bound to have 'flaws'; Amerikan had flaws, Russian had flaws...but the ability to disuade those flaws is a quality Japanese do possess.

With the miniaturised electronics that Japan produces every thing get smaller in size, reduced in weight ...& in rocket terms get more economical. Turbine, pumps, navigations system, sensors ...& everything get smaller & faster

Speaking of miniaturization...

Micro_turbine.jpg

how cool is this?! A micro jet engine!

Japan has superb engineers... if they want to do space flight, they'll come through.

Japan is not new to the game. Although what Japan is going to do in the future US and Russia have already 'been there, done that.'

Japan is one of the 'Big Three' of this 'Asian Space Race' apparently. Other 2 being China and India.

Speaking of miniaturization...

Micro_turbine.jpg

how cool is this?! A micro jet engine!

Japan has superb engineers... if they want to do space flight, they'll come through.
Ahh here comes a valuable addition; even today Chogy I have bookmarked the engine site address you said belong to you...
However, there is something that Japanese couldn't do back in WWii & even today; & that is the manufacture of jet engines??
I mean no helicopter engines, no heavy machinery like Belarus/Kamaz armoured vehicles & such...

Thanks, Nightcrawler, I've always loved that sort of stuff.

The Japanese are a practical people, and I think that they see no need to manufacture their own turbine engines when they can buy them openly from friendly nations. I'm sure they've done a cost/benefit analysis and decided that purchase is better than making their own factories.

Kind of like the world airliner market being 95% Boeing and Airbus. Those two giants have become so efficient, it's hard to compete with them. May as well buy a 737 or A320, vs. inventing your own.

But I think if the Japanese WANTED to pursue aerospace technology, they'd be successful. Countries that are isolated for whatever reason (like Iran) have a NEED to create native technology from scratch.

For whatever reason, though, they've decided to pursue space. Perhaps they see $$ to be made or saved there.

well better we think positive

what Pakistan gain from past, russia usa both know how to use other countries

Back
Top Bottom