What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

Why o why, tragedy after tragedy, Pakistan really does stand strong against alot of storms!

Earthquake, floods, Airblue crash, this one, Siachen tragedy, Karachi killings, and a whole lot.

May Allah have mercy on all of us.

That's really sad. First the avalanche and now plane crash, lets pray for the well being of the nation.

Earthquakes, Floods, Avalanches, WOT and now this.

We surely are getting our fair share of Natural Calamities and Man made disasters.

This is what the first message I was trying to say, some patriotic Pakistani got angry and blame me, the posts was labelled by trolling.....

Anyone notice too many disasters explained by other members? Is there something wrong with our country every weeks?

Just arrived at home & being sad about this incident , & then the news came that my dearest friend was on that flight ... i am still crying .. His name is Mohammad Irfan ...

I am sorry to hear your loss, it is very painful and hurt feeling. Yes, your special friend is on #56,57 seat list, I don't have comment. :cry:

Too much distractions and confusions...........whyyy just Pakistan of 2012??

Just arrived at home & being sad about this incident , & then the news came that my dearest friend was on that flight ... i am still crying .. His name is Mohammad Irfan ...

I am sorry to hear of your loss brother - may allah give you patience and strength.

My condolences and my thoughts go out to the families and to you.
May Allah grant you the strength to move forward.
Live your life and make him proud, do not let his dreams and ideals go in vain.
You will meet him again in the afterlife InshaAllah.

We are all struck by this tragedy, it's as if brother bilalhaider said, it feels as if something inside us has died down, a piece of my heart gone black.

May all the victims rest in peace, and may Allah have mercy on all of us.

367560-bhojaaircrashkarachiairportemergencynumbersphotoafp-1334953245-132-640x480.jpg

367560-Bhojaairrescuephotomuhamamdjavaid-1334950545-913-640x480.JPG

367560-bhojaaircrashwingphotoafp-1334948254-506-640x480.jpg

367560-relativebhojaaircrashphotoreuters-1334947302-615-640x480.jpg

367560-bhojaaircrashsearchphotoafp-1334945971-698-640x480.jpg

367560-bhojaaircrash-1334941333-776-640x480.JPG

367560-familybhojaaircrash-1334939922-571-640x480.JPG

Apparently one American citizen aboard too.
The plane was made in 1984 and was first used by British Airways then by a South African Airway. Then it was sold to Shaheen airlines and then had been declared un-airworthy until it was purchased, repaired and put back into service by this airline.

indeed very criminal on part of admisinistration and govt.CAA

crying_2198994b.jpg

pak_main_1493913a.jpg

Passenger plane 'with 127 on board' crashes near Islamabad
All 127 passengers and crew of a budget airliner were killed when it crashed as it made its approach to land in Islamabad this evening.

Defence ministry sources confirmed the number of fatalities in the second major air disaster in the Pakistan capital in the last two years. In July 2010, more the 150 people were killed when an Air Blue aircraft crashed into the side of a hill in Islamabad.

Passenger plane 'with 127 on board' crashes near Islamabad - Telegraph

I don't have comment..

62ede128jw1ds6jao0ruoj.jpg

picture.jpg

155423_437749046250567_198199843538823_1709930_1778562245_n.jpg

A 30 year old plane...
The people responsible for managing Bhoja Airlines should be hanged immediately, and this company shut down.

I guess we will only learn when these crashes occur, but for some, it is already too late.

RIP to dead... I think Bhoja airline getting sued... :cry:

This is a punishment. This whole year is filled with tragedies and incompetence of people. Its a loss not only to victim families but to all of us.

I am sad and furious and I want to find out the head of ground control department that didn't find any problems sending the jet in for landing in a storm. Who's brilliant idea was it to buy a 25 year old jet declared flight unworthy. What was the pilot thinking gambling with people's lives flying through. F*cking pathetically incompetent people make me sick. After all to companies and governments time and money is more important than lives.

My message to the 11 children that died. I'm sorry my dear children for us bringing you to this world in a time where your safety and protection is set to minimum.

Pakistan needs an overhaul and elimination of incompetent, lazy and ignorant people from positions where they can hurt others. I am sorry if I am being too 'Un-Patriotic' but I care for humanity more than our corrupt government and incompetent people.

No hope of survivors in plane crash

air-blue-plane-crash-ap6701.jpg

A Pakistani mother who lost her son in a last year's plane crash, touches his name at a monument built near the site of crash, in Islamabad, Pakistan on Thursday, July 28, 2011. Family members and friends gathered to pray for the victims of a plane crash which killed 150 people on board.

ISLAMABAD: The aviation authorities and rescuers said there is no hope of survivors of Bhoja airlines passenger plane that crashed near the capital Islamabad with 127 people on board Friday evening.

The officials believe the Boeing-737 of private Bhoja airlines aircraft crashed after running into lightning and heavy rain over Islamabad.

The Defence Ministry ordered inquiry into the crash and formed a committee to submit a report. Officials said the plane was nearly 27-year old.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik said there are strong indications that lightening may have hit the plane. Witnesses said the plane crashed on residential area, causing fire in the plane and several houses. There had been no confirmation of any casualty on ground.

A former head of the Civil Aviation Authority, Junaid Ameen, told the media that bad weather is usually not the cause of plane crashes because planes have equipments which help in dealing with the situation. “Planes are designed to fly in bad weather.”

An eye witness told reporters at the site that he saw fire at the tail of the plane before it crashed.

The plane B-4213 was coming from the port city of Karachi to Islamabad when came down nearly 10 kilometers away from the Islamabad’s Benazir International Airport at 6;45 p.m., local time. According to sources in Civil Aviation Authority, the flight was given clearance to land at Islamabad airport but it lost contact with the control tower minutes before the crash.

Rescue teams including Pakistan army personnel rushed to the crash site.

Rescuers said the plane’s wreckage, bodies and their luggae were spread over one kilometer area.

A large number of relatives rushed to the Karachi and Islamabad airports to get information of the crash. A special plane will be arranged for relatives to fly to Islamabad to identify bodies, officials said.

Touching scenes were seen at the Karachi and Islamabad airports as the relatives of the passengers and crew members were anxiously waiting for information.

Group Captain Mujahidul Islam, head of Safety Investigation Board Civil Aviation Authority, will lead an inquiry into the incident.

Two operation rooms have been set up at Benazir Bhutto Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi and Jinnah International Airport in Karachi.

A senior aviation official, Mansoor Bukhari, said there was no foreigner in the aircraft and all passengers and crew members were Pakistani nationals.

Rescue and search operation for the bodies faced difficulties due to bad weather, darkness and traffic jam on the main road to the crash site. (same saying to Sachine Avalanche difficulty due to weather)

A rescue official of the Capital Development Authority’s disaster management department, Asif Majeed, told Xinhua on phone that ambulances and fire tender could not reach in time as they had been stuck in the traffic jam.

President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani expressed sense of shock over the crash.

Authorities temporarily closed the Islamabad International Airport for all incoming and outgoing flights after the plane crash, Civil Aviation sources said. The flight operation from the airport was suspended in the aftermath of the crash.

Bhoja Air Lines has recently launched operation after years of suspension service due to financial cruch. Officials said it was maiden flight from Karachi to Islamabad.

It is the second passenger plane crash near Islamabad in less than two years.

A total of 152 passengers and crew members were killed when a plane of private Air Blue company crashed in the Margalla Hills in Islamabad in July 2010.

Let's arrest Bhoja Air officials terrorists, Is ISI going to catch terrorists??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline: Air crashes in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani passenger plane with up to 127 people on board crashed while trying to land in bad weather near the capital Islamabad on Friday, officials said.

Following is a chronology of major air crashes in Pakistan or involving Pakistani planes:

May 20, 1965:

A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Boeing 707 crashes on its inaugural flight while attempting to land at Cairo airport, killing 124 people.

August 6, 1970:

A PIA Fokker F27 turboprop aircraft crashes while attempting to take off from Islamabad in a thunderstorm, killing all 30 people on board.

December 8, 1972:

A PIA Fokker F27 crashes in Rawalpindi, near Islamabad.

All 26 people on board are killed.

November 26, 1979:

A PIA Boeing 707 bringing home Pakistani Hajj pilgrims from Saudi Arabia crashes shortly after take-off from Jeddah airport, killing 156 people.

October 23, 1986:

A PIA Fokker F27 crashes while coming in to land in the northwestern city of Peshawar, killing 13 of the 54 people on board.

August 17, 1988:

A US-made Hercules C-130 military aircraft crashes near Pakistan’s eastern city of Bahawalpur, killing military ruler General Mohammad Zia ul Haq and 30 others including Pakistani generals and the US ambassador.

August 25, 1989:

A PIA Fokker carrying 54 people disappears after leaving Gilgit in northern Pakistan. The wreckage is never found.

September 28, 1992:

A PIA Airbus A300 crashes into a cloud-covered hillside on approach to the Nepalese capital Kathmandu after the plane descended too early, killing 167 people.

February 19, 2003:

An air force Fokker F27 crashes in fog-shrouded mountains near the northwestern city of Kohat, killing air force chief Air Chief Marshal Mushaf Ali, his wife and 15 others.

February 24, 2003:

A chartered Cessna 402-B carrying Afghan Mines and Industries Minister Juma Mohammad Mohammadi, four Afghan officials, a Chinese mining executive and two Pakistani crew crashes into the Arabian Sea near the southern city of Karachi.

July 10, 2006:

A PIA Fokker F27 bound for Lahore crashes into a field and bursts into flames shortly after takeoff from the central city of Multan, killing 41 passengers and four crew.

July 28, 2010:

An Airblue Airbus 321 operated by the private airline Airblue flying from Karachi crashes into hills outside Islamabad while preparing to land, killing all 152 people on board.

November 5, 2010:

A twin-engine plane operated by Pakistani charter JS Air carrying staff from an Italian oil company crashes shortly after take-off in Karachi, killing all 21 people on board.

November 28, 2010:

At least 12 people are killed when a Russian-made Ilyushin IL-76 cargo plane operated by Georgian airline Sunway crashes in a fireball seconds after taking off from Karachi.

April 20, 2012:

A Bhoja Air Airbus 737 from Karachi comes down in bad weather near Islamabad. Officials say up to 130 people are on board and police say there is ‘no chance’ of survivors.

I don't think, we will rely on Pakistan airlines, we have to avoid them as possible, they have a very poor record history. Don't ride with them. Never trust them.

This is a punishment. This whole year is filled with tragedies and incompetence of people. Its a loss not only to victim families but to all of us.

I am sad and furious and I want to find out the head of ground control department that didn't find any problems sending the jet in for landing in a storm. Who's brilliant idea was it to buy a 25 year old jet declared flight unworthy. What was the pilot thinking gambling with people's lives flying through. F*cking pathetically incompetent people make me sick. After all to companies and governments time and money is more important than lives.

My message to the 11 children that died. I'm sorry my dear children for us bringing you to this world in a time where your safety and protection is set to minimum.

Pakistan needs an overhaul and elimination of incompetent, lazy and ignorant people from positions where they can hurt others. I am sorry if I am being too 'Un-Patriotic' but I care for humanity more than our corrupt government and incompetent people.

I feel your anger, and I know exactly what you mean.
Hopefully this is a wake up call to all Pakistanis, what the f-k are you waiting for? When is our massive population going to wake up?

A little feeling inside me...tells me that even this disaster will not change much, life will go on as usual.
Corrupt and incompetent, uneducated monkeys will be placed in various positions, where the simply do not belong.

You see, Pakistan's president, the 2nd richest man of Pakistan, he has 1.8 billion in his bank account, probably a whole lot more, but this is a known figure.

Now..JUST AN EXAMPLE, some of that money could have been used in order to prevent disasters like these.
The money he looted from the people, you see.

It all starts from the top, and goes down to bottom.

I'm afraid it's going to take a long time before the mindset in Pakistan gradually changes, a bloody revolution, anyone?

peruvian airforce still uses a 737 manufactured in 1968.
using old planes is normal.
but life span depends on maintinance.
737 does not have a good record as a plane....regardless of who is flying them.

bhoja-air-crash-isl-april20_8.jpg

airline-reut-660.jpg

A sense of déjà vu

As these words are being written the whole country, as well as people from around the world, are watching or hearing the news of the terrible plane crash near Chaklala airbase. When one works in the news business sadly you tend to get to read many tragic stories. A constant barrage of bad news tends to immune a person from feeling anything. However this disaster has really pulled my legs out from underneath me. A close relative of mine was going to arrive in Karachi tonight on a flight as well and it’s only in a situation such as this that you realise how real this tragedy is.

I may not have been directly affected by the plane crash, but sadly many people tonight will be. One can only imagine the horror relatives of the deceased must be going through. Their world will have collapsed around them and their trauma has only just begun. What makes it worse is that this calamity is also a national tragedy which is being broadcast live on people’s television screens.

At a time like this it is very important that the media plays a responsible role in covering this accident and snub out any urge to sensationalise the story. The Airblue crash in 2010 is still fresh in the public conscience, especially how news organisations ramped up the rhetoric, whether in news content or television images of the plane crash.

Many will remember that after the Airblue crash occurred, the media hounded relatives of the deceased with television cameras and questions as to what they were feeling. Even when bodies were being returned to loved ones, it was shameful to see people from the press swarm traumatised family members. I remember one incident from the 2010 crash in which bodies had been brought back to Karachi for burial, and cameramen were literally falling on top of each other to get a shot of the bodies being loaded into ambulances.

One question that now needs to be asked is to whether anything will come out of the Bhoja air crash and the inquiry that will be set up to investigate it. Over 20 months have passed since the Airblue crash and still nothing has happened to give closure to that accident. Going on precedents and the pattern of previous events, the same thing will happen now. No heads will roll, no one will be held accountable. We have seen this bad movie before and know what the ending will be like.

One needs to also find out whether this accident was because of a technical fault or simply due to the bad weather. Reports suggest that the plane crashed while it was in flames and that lightning may have struck the aircraft while it was in flight. The situation seems very fluid at this time, but pray that a clearer picture does eventually come out of it. The people of Pakistan have had to deal with many problems on a number of issues in the past few years. Let us not add aviation safety and worries about loved ones returning from a safe flight to that list as well.

Let us also pray that all the institutions of state will now make a collective effort to hold a proper inquiry into the plane crash. Hopefully they will set a precedent that will not only be satisfactory to all but will also be made public.

May ALLAH have mercy on Pakistan . 139 in Siachen, Dozens in Karachi now 127 in Islamabad. Life got no value left and Death has become the most easy thing to get. Allah knows who stand responsible for these atrocities. This news is heart breaking, we already haven’t forgotten 146 of airblue. Ya ALLAH Raham kar Pakistan pe. Aameen. by user Dawn

It is difficult to describe it, no words to say at least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom