What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

I have just found at that my mothers cousin was on that plane with 15 other family members :cry: So sad, all 15 from the same family dead, ya allah karam kar

This tragedy has come, but will go away soon, forgotten by the nation, although never by the families.

Nothing will change, no lessons will be learned, and nothing will improve. Until the next tragedy.

That is the saddest part.

Ḥashshāshīn;2848528 said:
I have just found at that my mothers cousin was on that plane with 15 other family members :cry: So sad, all 15 from the same family dead, ya allah karam kar

Wow. I hope they rest in peace and the rest of the family finds the courage to recover.

Ḥashshāshīn;2848528 said:

That's really sad, May they rest in peace.

Rest In Peace! Condolences to the families of the unfortunate!

This tragedy has come, but will go away soon, forgotten by the nation, although never by the families.

Nothing will change, no lessons will be learned, and nothing will improve. Until the next tragedy.

and of course you can read and look into the future? Why do you reveal so much negativity and constant dribble of "nothing will change"? The truth is it is obvious to all that your tears are crocodile tears of no sympathy to the plight of the lost ones or to their families. You are able to make sweeping statements sitting in the USA without knowing the facts. Are you the same annoying weasel that wanted us "wait and see" in every other post you did regarding 26/11?
Do me a favor and shut up with your negativity. Lets see how the authorities behave and what actions are taken. We are not even certain on why this accident occurred. They have told Mr Bhoja to leave the country. They need the flight recorder abd black box to draw conclusions from.
I pray that we learn from this tragedy and draw conclusions which will result of this never happening again. Families grief must be simply unbearable. My thoughts are with them and their lost ones..

how true!! just not limited to Pakistan.. story of the sub continent!!

and of course you can read and look into the future? Why do you reveal so much negativity and constant dribble of "nothing will change"? The truth is it is obvious to all that your tears are crocodile tears of no sympathy to the plight of the lost ones or to their families. You are able to make sweeping statements sitting in the USA without knowing the facts. Are you the same annoying weasel that wanted us "wait and see" in every other post you did regarding 26/11?
Do me a favor and shut up with your negativity. Lets see how the authorities behave and what actions are taken. We are not even certain on why this accident occurred. They have told Mr Bhoja to leave the country. They need the flight recorder abd black box to draw conclusions from.
I pray that we learn from this tragedy and draw conclusions which will result of this never happening again. Families grief must be simply unbearable. My thoughts are with them and their lost ones..

Dear SuperKaif - I don't think he has said something wrong in this specific post, That's the fact at-least till today every change we witnessed in our systems is towards negative side. One have to realize problem to cure it.

and of course you can read and look into the future? Why do you reveal so much negativity and constant dribble of "nothing will change"? ........................

Pray all you want, but I tell it like it is.

Please tell us what lessons have been learned after the Air Blue crash? Do both ends of the runway now have ILS now, for example?

No lesson were learned then, and none will be learned now.

Like it or not, truth hurts, and it takes more courage to tell the truth than pray.

Dear SuperKaif - I don't think he has said something wrong in this specific post, That's the fact at-least till today every change we witnessed in our systems is towards negative side. One have to realize problem to cure it.

Sir - I respect you and accept your point because of this. I will say one thing. At this moment in time - there are a lot of emotion and tbh i cant see over the horizon of sanity as members of this site have lost loved ones such as Aamir bhai. What i am trying to point out is to portion blame and say "nothing will change" is a bit premature and show the bitterness of his post. He historically will not and is not prepared to give the benefit of the doubt unless its American. Loveicon brother - we do not know why this crash occurred - in any other post he would have said "lets wait and see what happens". Today he is as usual jumping to conclusions. He has no sincerity to the events or respect for the lost ones. We must find out the exact reason for whats happened AND THEN see what the governing authorities do.

Pray all you want, but I tell it like it is.

Please tell us what lessons have been learned after the Air Blue crash? Do both ends of the runway now have ILS now, for example?

No lesson were learned then, and none will be learned now.

Like it or not, truth hurts, and it takes more courage to tell the truth than pray.

Airport Data: Islamabad 8km (4miles), Position 33°36´59"N, 073°05´57"E, Elevation 508m (1 666ft), 24 hours, 1 Cargo Terminal

Airfield Data
Navigational Aids: VOR-DME, NDB
Runway 1: Heading 12/30, 3 287m (10 784ft), 077/F/C/X/T, Aircraft size max: B747, ILS

http://www.azworldairports.com/airports/a2265isb.cfm

Bhoja crash: Investigations may not take too long, says DG CAA

ISLAMABAD: Investigations into the Bhoja air crash might not take too long to complete, Director-General (DG) Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Nadeem Yousafzai expressed hope while speaking to the media on Saturday.

“The investigation of this crash may not take too long, as the landing gear was down and the plane crashed on a flat terrain… Its parts disintegrated over almost 4km, which will be easier to assemble and examine,” Yousafzai explained.

He added that the Black Box had been sent over to concerned authorities and its examination might take one month.

“Depending on the type of the crash, the final result of the inquiry may take up to three months to one year.”

Ruling out the possibility of harsh weather being the cause of the crash, the DG explained that there are proper systems set up to predict the weather and warnings are issued if the weather is harsh.

“I heard the conversation [between the air control tower and the pilot] myself. The tower told the pilot that it was clear to land. The pilot acknowledged and pulled the landing gear down. But immediately after, the communication got lost and the plane started going into a dive,” he told the media. “What happened in this period needs to be investigated.”

He added that an Airblue flight landed at Islamabad airport around five minutes after the crash and it was “right behind the Bhoja plane”. The visibility was also till 4km, he said.

The passenger flight travelling from Karachi to Islamabad carrying 121 passengers and six crew members came hurtling down towards the outskirts of Rawalpindi at 6:46pm on Friday evening.

Among the passengers were five infants and six children. There were no survivors.

Bhoja Air’s aged B737-200 took off from Karachi airport at 5:05pm and crashed five nautical miles from Islamabad airport on the village of Hussainabad. However, rescuers said people on the ground remained largely safe as the bulk of the wreckage fell in an open area.

Bhoja crash: Investigations may not take too long, says DG CAA – The Express Tribune

Airport Data: Islamabad 8km (4miles), Position 33°36´59"N, 073°05´57"E, Elevation 508m (1 666ft), 24 hours, 1 Cargo Terminal

Airfield Data
Navigational Aids: VOR-DME, NDB
Runway 1: Heading 12/30, 3 287m (10 784ft), 077/F/C/X/T, Aircraft size max: B747, ILS

A-Z World Airports Online - Pakistan airports - Islamabad - Benazir Bhutto International Airport (ISB/OPRN)

One end has had ILS for years.

I asked about the other end. The Air Blue jet was forced to go around due to this deficiency that contributed to the crash.

No lessons learned after that crash; none will be learned now either.

Same CAA, same attitudes, same everything.

One end has had ILS for years.

I asked about the other end. The Air Blue jet was forced to go around due to this deficiency that contributed to the crash.

No lessons learned after that crash; none will be learned now either.

Same CAA, same attitudes, same everything.

That's a lame story, it may have been instructed to go around but the Air Blue flight flew into a hill side due to some navigational errors. If there was such a lack of facility at the subject air port, i highly doubt all the following airlines would have been taking risk flying in and out of the same airport. !!!
Airlines Serving Airport: Airblue, Ariana Afghan Airlines, British Airways, China Southern, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Kuwait Airways, Pakistan Int´l, Qatar Airways Cargo, Royal Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Shaheen Air International, Star Air Aviation, TCS Aviation/TCS Couriers, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines

Back
Top Bottom