What's new

Bhut Jolokia ( ghost chilli)

Just thinking about it makes my a$$ burn.

I wont be eating it even if its the last edible thing left in the world.

BTW the Hottest Chilli crown keeps on shifting between Bhoot Jolokia and Naga Viper pepper.
''

the naga dorset is hot... but i thinkt he hottest now is the trinidad scorpian

Okay, I am from north east. Yeah it is very hot and it can even burn your finger. It has got a fruity kind of smell unlike normal chilli. We don't really use it while cooking, as it might ruin the food itself ( but I heard some people do). Mainly seen used as pickles etc. Previously was cheap, now with recognition 1 chilli cost more that 3 indian rupees. I eat 1mm as someone said earlier and that is more than enough :P .I guess others can give you more information about how to grow it , though I doubt it can be grown easily.

it makes my mouth burn just looking at it

Okay, I am from north east. Yeah it is very hot and it can even burn your finger. It has got a fruity kind of smell unlike normal chilli. We don't really use it while cooking, as it might ruin the food itself ( but I heard some people do). Mainly seen used as pickles etc. Previously was cheap, now with recognition 1 chilli cost more that 3 indian rupees. I eat 1mm as someone said earlier and that is more than enough :P .I guess others can give you more information about how to grow it , though I doubt it can be grown easily.

do you just eat it raw??.... does the picked bhut jolokia decrease in hotness?? or remains the same?? do u ever eat it dried??

Ghost Chile Pizza Prank - YouTube

this one is hilarious

do you just eat it raw??.... does the picked bhut jolokia decrease in hotness?? or remains the same?? do u ever eat it dried??

Yeah raw also if you can get it fresh, else we make pickle out of it. Which is hotter? I guess the fresh ones. Pickled ones hotness will be in pickle oil also. DO we eat dried ones? I don't and also the hotness will be reduced here, but I am guessing here as I never had a dry one.

Yeah raw also if you can get it fresh, else we make pickle out of it. Which is hotter? I guess the fresh ones. Pickled ones hotness will be in pickle oil also. DO we eat dried ones? I don't and also the hotness will be reduced here, but I am guessing here as I never had a dry one.

lol.. im scared to try it.. but i feel as though i have to lol... do you think ppl can die from eating a full one??

also curious.. why do u eat it? even just a 1mm piece.. do you eat for the taste?? or it helps with the heat of weather etC?

lol.. im scared to try it.. but i feel as though i have to lol... do you think ppl can die from eating a full one??

also curious.. why do u eat it? even just a 1mm piece.. do you eat for the taste?? or it helps with the heat of weather etC?

Hahhaa , 1mm to protect my intestine and to be alive for next meal. Weather is fine, we eat for taste. You should go ahead and eat one and post us a video :tup:

Hahhaa , 1mm to protect my intestine and to be alive for next meal. Weather is fine, we eat for taste. You should go ahead and eat one and post us a video :tup:

i will do a video and post it for people to see... but i dont think ill eat a full one hahahah

what do you mean by protect your intestive and be alive for the next meal?

''

the naga dorset is hot... but i thinkt he hottest now is the trinidad scorpian

The Naga Dorset is the same as Bhut Jholakia. They got the seeds and started growing it in England.

Just stumbled upon this vid.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bhut+jolokia[/video]

hmm apparently there is a yellow colored bhut jolokia?? is this one the same as the red/orange one?

i will do a video and post it for people to see... but i dont think ill eat a full one hahahah

what do you mean by protect your intestive and be alive for the next meal?
Was kidding , it is very hot, so small bit of it, is enough .

Was kidding , it is very hot, so small bit of it, is enough .

oh ok... well since i live in melbourne and have cold climate.. i cant grow mine till spring anyway.. so nother few months

i have just purchased online 20 dried bhut jolokia pods..... soo.. i will give this video a try hahahahaha

oh ok... well since i live in melbourne and have cold climate.. i cant grow mine till spring anyway.. so nother few months

i have just purchased online 20 dried bhut jolokia pods..... soo.. i will give this video a try hahahahaha

Try making a video of your's after eating the Bhut Jolokia.

Would love to seeing your reaction.

well.. i might test one out raw.. and make youtube chilli test with it lolol

but nah.. i will be growing prik kee noo, also which is thai chilli, literally meaning (rat droppings) because it look like rat droppings when it is dried

i will mainly use thai chilli for food etc.. but when i want that bit of extra bang.. i will cut up small parts of the bhut jolokia and put that in my meals also

Well whats wrong with sambal? Red pepper flakes are also good for food. But not chili man come on it would destroy the food you put in to :D

Back
Top Bottom