What's new

Biden appoints Indian-American Neera Tanden as top domestic policy advisor

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
President Joe Biden appointed a top Indian-American Democratic Party figure, Neera Tanden, as his domestic policy adviser on Friday, making her the first Asian-American to lead any of the top White House advisory councils in history.

In a statement, Biden said, “I am pleased to announce that Neera Tanden will continue to drive the formulation and implementation of my domestic policy, from economic mobility and racial equity to health care, immigration and education.”

Tanden, who has served as Biden’s staff secretary in this term, will replace Susan Rice, a former American national security advisor and ambassador to the United Nations who worked as Biden’s top domestic policy advisor since his presidency began.

Biden said that as his staff secretary — a role in which she processed all the paperwork that landed on the President’s desk — Tanden had overseen decision-making processes across domestic, economic and national security teams.

“She has 25 years of experience in public policy, has served three Presidents, and led one of the largest think tanks in the country for nearly a decade. She was a key architect of the Affordable Care Act and helped drive key domestic policies that became part of my agenda, including clean energy subsidies and sensible gun reform,” Biden said in his statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/worl...p&cvid=6cf3ce0b6afc431cb498536fc8e6a199&ei=26

USA is becoming more and more similiar to india in terms of overall civilian conditions, so it is natural to have adviser with good connections and deeper understaning of it.

1.5 Billion Indians in a total World population of around 8 Billion, that makes it roughly 1 Indian to every 4-5 humans on Earth. On top of that the migration to US, UK etc., is massive, and now there are 2nd/3rd generation Indians in those countries......it is no surprise that Indians are being provided opportunities all over the world.

President Joe Biden appointed a top Indian-American Democratic Party figure, Neera Tanden, as his domestic policy adviser on Friday, making her the first Asian-American to lead any of the top White House advisory councils in history.

In a statement, Biden said, “I am pleased to announce that Neera Tanden will continue to drive the formulation and implementation of my domestic policy, from economic mobility and racial equity to health care, immigration and education.”

Tanden, who has served as Biden’s staff secretary in this term, will replace Susan Rice, a former American national security advisor and ambassador to the United Nations who worked as Biden’s top domestic policy advisor since his presidency began.

Biden said that as his staff secretary — a role in which she processed all the paperwork that landed on the President’s desk — Tanden had overseen decision-making processes across domestic, economic and national security teams.

“She has 25 years of experience in public policy, has served three Presidents, and led one of the largest think tanks in the country for nearly a decade. She was a key architect of the Affordable Care Act and helped drive key domestic policies that became part of my agenda, including clean energy subsidies and sensible gun reform,” Biden said in his statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/worl...p&cvid=6cf3ce0b6afc431cb498536fc8e6a199&ei=26
Which think tank did she lead?

1.5 Billion Indians in a total World population of around 8 Billion, that makes it roughly 1 Indian to every 4-5 humans on Earth.
Wrong analogy, there are 4 million people of Indian origin in the US. Which makes up like what 1.3% of the people in the US. That's approximately 1 person of Indian origin in 100 Americans. Kinda over-represented.

Well this woman is given the portfolio of ensuring "Racial Equity to Healthcare, Immigration and Education".

Remains to be seen how she will handle Islamophobic section of the Hindu diaspora and their attempt to influence her via their contacts.

Going by her Wiki page, seems to be kind of a Feminist bully and a Overactive Gorilla on progressive issues. Also - a certifiable man-hater owing to growing up in a broken family (her father left the family when she was five).

Hope sense and sobriety prevails in her decisions.

Last edited:
Well this woman is given the portfolio of ensuring "Racial Equity to Healthcare, Immigration and Education".

Remains to be seen how she will handle Islamophobic section of the Hindu diaspora and their attempt to influence her via their contacts.

Going by her Wiki page, seems to be kind of a Feminist bully and a Overactive Gorilla on progressive issues. Also - a certifiable man-hater owing to growing up in a broken family (her father left the family when she was five).

Hope sense and sobriety prevails in her decisions.

I’ve found the 2/3 Gen Indians to be impartial. But she sounds like another Christian Fair. Another man hater and a bully. These progressive are a poison to society. They’re radicals

I’ve found the 2/3 Gen Indians to be impartial. But she sounds like another Christian Fair. Another man hater and a bully. These progressive are a poison to society. They’re radicals

Woke Terrorist....

another incompetent female in the name of diversity :(

She's as neoliberal, pro-war, pro-oligarchy, corporatist as they come. Amongst her many gems, she's best known for suggesting stealing Libya's oil to pay for bringing democracy to Libyans.

Must be due to the failed experiment with another Indian Kamla Harris.

These woke liberal nazi-feminist Islamophobes are just too many and dime-a-dozen these days in the halls of the hill. They accuse everyone of being Nazis/thugs and being sexual exploiters.

Christine Fair is a piece of work. She defended drone strikes in Pakistan and keeps painting Pakistan in a bad light. Her hate of Pakistan (and institutions like arranged marriage in India of all things) is almost clinical. She gets into twitter fights with mostly South Asian academics every other day on topics like (her extreme version of) radical feminism. Classic mental case who should be institutionalized but is still validated by other woke terrorists like Neera Tanden. :laugh:

She's as neoliberal, pro-war, pro-oligarchy, corporatist as they come. Amongst her many gems, she's best known for suggesting stealing Libya's oil to pay for bringing democracy to Libyans.

These people are clutching at "issues-du-jour" to gain notoriety and to be considered administration team material. The pro-war and pro-oligarchy narrative and act is just to convince Washington politicos that they 'belong'. The real agenda is anti-Islam.

Just trying to stay relevant/controversial and in the spotlight so the credibility stays intact.

She is about a couple of tweets away from losing her job at any time though. Crazy woman, she at one time punched the Bernie Sanders campaign manager on the chest - probably because the guy happened to be Muslim.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom