What's new

BJP to alter Article 35A on permanent residents in J&K?

The problem with J&K is not that it was not free or people did not had freedom. It is opposite, we gave them too much freedom while Pakistan gave none in their side. This allowed them to do whatever they want to do. We went soft with them even when they committed crime. We allowed them to run radical mobs. People who killed where never brought to justice, people who were openly supporting terrorist like hurriyat were never touched. So how do you fix terrorism and Kashmir. You cannot do it by allowing crime related to terrorism go unpunished. Every place where terrorism has been wiped it needed strong will. You need to act even if lot of blood is spilled. It looks bad and it will look bad but that's the only route. Look at SL as example. They killed many who might have never picked any weapon but maybe helped LTTE or even not done that. We don't need to go to their level but we need to have consequences for people supporting terrorist. We don't even have POTA or TAḌA so I wonder what will happen to hurriyat. We have to take tough stand right now we are too weak. Does not matter what happens in valley keep on changing these laws go for it. Prepare for agitation and loss of life.

RSS is the last hope. BJP under shah n modi is good for nothing. They want to stay in power by any means even if it is against our national interest. It's high time to break BJP-PDP alliance and go for President rule in J&K. Army should be given free hand to clean the valley from terrorism and hurriyat leaders should be put in jail somewhere in south India.

Here is all you want to know about Article 35A

1. Article 35A is a provision in the Constitution that empowers the Jammu and Kashmir legislature to define permanent residents of the state. It was added through the Constitution(Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954, issued under Article 370, according to IE report.

2. The Jammu and Kashmir Constitution was adopted on November 17, 1956. It had defined a Permanent Resident as a person who was a state subject on May 14, 1954, or who has been a resident of the state for 10 years, and has lawfully acquired immovable property in the state, the article.

3. In 2014, an NGO had filed a writ petition seeking the striking down of Article 35A. The case is pending in the Supreme Court.

4. The state government filed a counter-affidavit and sought dismissal of the petition but the central government did not.

5. The Presidential Order of 1954 had provided the framework for the division of powers between Jammu and Kashmir and the Centre under Article 370. If, in the Article 35A case, the Supreme Court strikes down the 1954 Order, it would have serious implications for all subsequent Presidential Orders, according to IE report.

This is a serious issue in the days to come, If there is no war with China!

Let's see what is the member's view? What will be the opposition parties stand?

@SarthakGanguly @padamchen @The_Showstopper @Soumitra @Guynextdoor2 @StraightShooter

The answer is pretty obvious.

We need to do in the valley what China did in Tibet.

What Pakistan successfully did in the part of Kashmir they moved into and occupied.

What Israel did.

We have to flood the valley with mainland Indians.

Strategies of where and how need to be discussed.

How are we going to provide them security.

The idea is not an armed invasion followed by a bloody civil war - though I'm sure that's what many Indians want.

The idea is quite obviously to make radical Islam a minority narrative there, and then deal with it on a civil level.

Like any other Islamist hotspot in India.

The idea is to alter the human allegiance of the land. The ideology there is a poison in concentrated form. But India is vast with immense reserves of antidote.

Dilute it.

Cheers, Doc

You see, the only solution is abolishing article 370. Now that BJP is slowly reaching Majority in Rajya Sabha, and President and VP are both BJP members. What better time they want?

But BJP still would not have 2/3rds majority to amend the constitution.

India IS and will always be a secular nation.

Secular Indians are therefore true Indians.

Sanghis and their type are saffron Islamists.

Cheers, Doc

Secularism can neither be a copyright of a party nor could be euphemism for partisan politics. It symbolizes equality of the constitution and law towards its citizens.

Secularism can neither be a copyright of a party nor could be euphemism for partisan politics. It symbolizes equality of the constitution and law towards its citizens.

Sure. I know what secularism is.

And I know which party is definitely not secular.

Which means I know which party does not get my vote.

Cheers, Doc

Sure. I know what secularism is.

Which means I know which party does not get my vote.

Cheers, Doc

You have the right to vote in the name of secularism but that does not mean your vote is secular.

Ok so you know which party is definitely NOT secular. Please tell us which party IS secular and why?

I challenge you - you name a party and I can give reasons why it is not secular

Ok so you know which party is definitely NOT secular. Please tell us which party IS secular and why?

I challenge you - you name a party and I can give reasons why it is not secular

Soumitra, there is only one national party in India which is aligned strongly to one Indian faith, at the cost of every other.

Cheers, Doc

You have the right to vote in the name of secularism but that does not mean your vote is secular.

A vote to keep out a party that is blatantly communal, is a secular vote.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom