What's new

Blasphemy Charged for Recieving Text Message

One more case in today's BBC;
توہین رسالت: چار احمدی گرفتار
پاکستانی پنجاب کے جنوبی شہر لیہ کی پولیس نے توہین رسالت کے الزام میں جماعت احمدیہ سے تعلق رکھنے والے چارلڑکوں کو گرفتار کرلیاہے۔
ان لڑکوں کی عمریں بارہ سے سولہ برس کے درمیان ہیں اور تمام سکول کے طالب علم ہیں۔

Meesna, I know this is the Pakistan Defence Forum, but please give an English summary (the jist of the story) if the article is not in English. Thanks.

I say why are the Pakistanis here getting all worked up! Come on, There must be some truth in it, I mean a known person taking on the Police Machinery by levelling baseless accusations against them? We all know that Police in the Subcontinent are a bunch of ******* idiots ! They need to be taught manners first of all.

@Truthseeker:

Could not find English version on BBC. Translation of the lines posted;

Four Ahmadi boys are arrested on the charge of Blasphemy. These boys are high school students aged 12 to 16.

Last edited:
The whole Ahmadi thing is absurd - I find it similar to Mormonism in Christianity, except that the US is not preventing the Mormons from calling themselves Christians if they choose, or discriminating against them for their faith.

Yes, some tenets of the Qadiani faith go against the fundamental tenets of Islam, but Allah is the only one to pass judgment on the faith and righteousness of an individual - Christian, Muslim, Jew or Pagan.

Qadiani faith is based on kuffer saying that some tenets goes against the fundamentals of Islam is again a bad judgment..Mirza Ghulam claimed prophet hood so before we call them as some of them are wrong rest are good to go we need to read about that man Mirza who ever follows him a bit is bound to hell. Period no more comments sometimes google it i suggest...

Meesna, I know this is the Pakistan Defence Forum, but please give an English summary (the jist of the story) if the article is not in English. Thanks.

Four Ahmadi children charged with blasphemy

LAHORE: Five members of the Ahmadiyya community including four children were charged with blasphemy under Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code in Layyah on Wednesday. The children, aged 16 and younger, were detained at about 8pm after a complaint by a local cleric. Police have registered a case (number 46/9) in the Court Sultan police station against Tahir Imran (16), Tahir Mahmood (14), Naseer Ahmad (14), Muhammad Irfan (14), and Mubashar Ahmad (45). A spokesman for the community denied the allegations saying they were intended to fuel religious hatred. “Victimising children with false accusations is the most condemnable use of the blasphemy law,” he said. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Despite being totally lacking prejudice (I think so), I would agree belief that our holy Prophet (PBUH) is last of the Prophets is an essential part of the Muslim faith. Any one who believes otherwise is not a Muslim. Where I differ is that I believe all Pakistani citizens regardless of the creed, race, color or ethnicity are equal.

Any one guilty of blasphemy should be tried, but receiving a message does not constitute blasphemy. I receive unsolicited messages everyday regarding how to increase size of my private parts and how to increase my performance, how can I be considerd guilty for receiving such non sense.

You cannot and should not make other people use PBUH when mentioning Prophet Muhammad saw's name.

In fact, even if a muslim says it or not, it is his perogative, and his/her own action.

In a famous narration in Bukhari, some Jewish people of Madinah used to greet the Prophet with As Saamu Alaikum, a pun on the word salam, tham actually meaant Death be unto you. The prophet just replied wa alaikum, and his wife was shocked by his calm demeanour.

Would you like to define: 'make other people use PBUH'.
i dont think he is pointing a gun out on somebody in order to make him say PBUH.
On the other hand it is very much ok to tell another Muslim something that he is doing or saying wrongly (ofcourse without the use of force) and that's it. It is then the second persons responsibility to either adhere to or not to the request made to him.

And as you are saying that it a Muslim's own prerogative and his/her own action, i think you must have thought before you said this. Okay! it's someones own prerogative, , but is it advisable..?? It is also understood that everyone is free to do what ever he think is right. So you mean it is also someones prerogative to do other 'bad' deeds (ofcourse according to you it must be his prerogative) i think you missed that Hadith that ask you to stop someone from doing wrong things as per your strength(with hand, tongue or atleast in your heart). Telling or asking someone to do something guud is not at all a 'bad' thing, provided that thing is not being imposed onto the other person, as Islam don't like forcefulness.
Would you recommend someone not to send/read darood when the Prophet's PBUH names is called??? If you say yes, then i must say may God be with you and guide you through this world!!

You are being very defensive. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." -- Shakespeare, Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230.
Are you trying to perform some jugglery here?
If some person sends you a blasphemous text message on your cell phone, how is that your fault and responsibility?
If someone use your land to attack the US, how is that your fault and responsibility..??

Blasphemy law needs to go if it is being abused to much. It is not good for the people.
Blasphemy laws may be creating nuisance to the society, but why do we have to amend the laws and not correct the procedure and mend the people who make use of these sorta laws to abuse!

If someone use your land to attack the US, how is that your fault and responsibility..??

This is way off thread, but, yes, it is your responsibility to make a serious, good faith effort to keep people from using your land to attack another nation, or, even, other people within your nation. If you are trying to draw an analogy with the case of someone sending "illegal" (i.e. blasphemous) text messages via cell phone, yes, it would be the responsibility of the cell phone provider to make a good faith effort to prevent it. For example by canceling the subscription of the offender. And of the authorities to prosecute the SENDER of the illegal messages. The message RECIPIENT is blameless, as is the ATTACKED COUNTRY (US, UK, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, etc.) in your analogy. The only issue is whether or not Pakistan is making a serious, good faith effort to prevent the "miscreants" from using Pakistani territory to prepare their attacks. I think the answer is clearly, YES, in spite of the many people in Pakistan (and here on the forum) who think the GoP should not try. The authorities of Pakistan understand Pakistan's responsibilities, even if you do not.

You don't know this about the Pakistan Christian Post (PCP). It is mostly gathering stories from other press sources about Christians in Pakistan and internal news about the Pakistani Christian community. On the story I posted (go to the link given above) it gives facts and affidavits of the people involved. Of course the affidavits may be lies, but, if so, that is not the fault of the PCP. The PCP is biased towards the Christian perspective on a given story but your "20% credibility" is way out of line. Check it out and see for yourself:

Pakistan Christian Post

Truthseeker, u r being too kind to PCP. take the example of the other india related link u posted

Pakistan Christian Post

It starts with the blatant misrepresentation (also called a lie) that manipur bans chritians from preaching.

first of all, manipur is a state - the incident relates to a village!!! (so out of thousands of villages in manipur, one has trouble and the heading is - manipur bans...' see i was being too generous with 20%)

Secondly it gives the impression that there is a (legal) ban, where there is none. its an action taken by a tribal body that has no legal significance - so its a local village problem of tribal intolerance. may be u have some motive in overlooking the deliberate misrepresentation of this 'victim story that sells and brings in more donations'. i don't. there are such unlimited examples of biased, colored reporting by christian press, only if u want to see.

This is way off thread, but, yes, it is your responsibility to make a serious, good faith effort to keep people from using your land to attack another nation, or, even, other people within your nation. If you are trying to draw an analogy with the case of someone sending "illegal" (i.e. blasphemous) text messages via cell phone, yes, it would be the responsibility of the cell phone provider to make a good faith effort to prevent it. For example by canceling the subscription of the offender. And of the authorities to prosecute the SENDER of the illegal messages. The message RECIPIENT is blameless, as is the ATTACKED COUNTRY (US, UK, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, etc.) in your analogy. The only issue is whether or not Pakistan is making a serious, good faith effort to prevent the "miscreants" from using Pakistani territory to prepare their attacks. I think the answer is clearly, YES, in spite of the many people in Pakistan (and here on the forum) who think the GoP should not try. The authorities of Pakistan understand Pakistan's responsibilities, even if you do not.
So you want to say that Hector is faultless, okay i agree with that. Infact if you have read my Post # 5 you will come to know that i never blamed Hector nor i sided with the Police!!
All i want to say is that an incident has occurred, it might be true and there may be a possibility that it was faked up by some smartass! So why to make a hassle, why don't to let the matter be investigated and the 'real' culprit caught and taken to task. Again you better read my above referred post one more!!

Dark star i don't want to drag this specific discussion regarding P.B.U.H but than you should not protest against Denmark because of some individuals ill sick plans..Let them free Let Allah deal with them...why protest Muslims should protest?? Hope you get my point...This is just to let u understand i'm one of those who will alway protest..

Back
Top Bottom