What's new

Blast in Karachi

talibs have nothing to gain by these blasts, surely this is for longer gain, the agencies are hiring poor people to do these jobs

hint: nato supply lines blockade

RIP to dead.

i have a question, how to get rid of this menace?? that will surely be a long process, but what should be the starting point? what should be the roadmap ? can pakistanis put light on these ?

I don't think peace in Pakistan is possible without having peace in Afghanistan and without having at least a truce with India. Till these two conditions are met all actions against these zombies will be actions of attrition--very slow attrition given the ever growing pool of poor and brain-washable people in Pakistan.

@Jana,
You can choose to remain in denial all you want but almost all social scientists in Pakistan have concluded that Zia's rule fundamentally changed Pakistan. By 1988 he ruled with an iron-fist for about a quarter of Pakistan's history. And, unlike dictators like Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan, and Musharraf, Zia was determined to change Pakistanis' mindset. He even comptemplated making Arabic as the national language of Pakistan.

If there was one person's departure from this world which makes me not-sad it was Zia's.

Attacking other religion can make up the story but attacking the same religion is bit quiet problematic for other countries in future.

We should move from religion to something that can unite the people. May be humanism.

RIP to people who died. Certainly, terrorists are friends of none. Once their goal is established they will hit back their friends too. (ex. ttp, ltte)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Attacking other religion can make up the story but attacking the same religion is bit quiet problematic for other countries in future.

We should move from religion to something that can unite the people. May be humanism.

RIP to people who died. Certainly, terrorists are friends of none. Once their goal is established they will hit back their friends too. (ex. ttp, ltte)

^^^ conspiracy? what conspiracy?

Ahmad Karachi is vulnerable due to its diverse population composed of many ethnicity from Pakistan and abroad hence any incident or attack here leads to chaos and violent protests as well as mafia, gang, sectarian wars.

Just after this attack firing in many areas of Karachi has started now its anybody's guess who is instigating it. Rangers have been deployed in some areas.

Ahmad Karachi is vulnerable due to its diverse population composed of many ethnicity from Pakistan and abroad hence any incident or attack here leads to chaos and violent protests as well as mafia, gang, sectarian wars.

Just after this attack firing in many areas of Karachi has started now its anybody's guess who is instigating it. Rangers have been deployed in some areas.

u r absolutely right, its not first time that some body is trying to incite a sectarian war

You can choose to remain in denial all you want but almost all social scientists in Pakistan have concluded that Zia's rule fundamentally changed Pakistan. By 1988 he ruled with an iron-fist for about a quarter of Pakistan's history. And, unlike dictators like Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan, and Musharraf, Zia was determined to change Pakistanis' mindset. He even comptemplated making Arabic as the national language of Pakistan.

If there was one person's departure from this world which makes me not-sad it was Zia's.

Oh! God. Arabic as national language. That could have been disaster to the culture of pakistan at least.

@Jana,

:blink: what my post has to do with zia? i was not born when Zia was reforming or distorting anything around.

read my reply again and try to understand what i said.

This is not the only attack that had taken place. Terrorists have been attacking almost everyone we all have been targeted.

You people blow things out of proportion if the target has some ethnic of sectarian aspect.

Thats it otherwise its simply another terrorist act.

WAS ZIA RESPONSIBLE FOR AFGHAN WAR TOO DUDE?????????????

ZIA SAID TO SOVIETS TO ATTACK AFGHANISTAN?????, PLEASE USE A BIT OF COMMON SENSE NEXT TIME!!!

WAS AFGHAN WAR TO BE AVOIDED

So, to fight the Soviets as America's proxy Zia had to turn the whole society around to some Wahabbi--cult, eh?!

By the way, not to go off topic but by 1986 the so-called Mujahideen had almost lost the war. It was the introduction of the Stinger Missiles which bled the Soviets to a retreat.

Dozens of countries supported Pakistan with billions of dollars, weapons, diplomatic support, manpower, a security-guarantee against direct Russian attack and yet Zia comes out as hero even after he destroyed Pakistan from inside? Zia might as well as God himself beside him literally. Or am I being a 'heretic' by saying that.

Back to the topic: Even if foreign powers (India) is training/funding some of these fundos it makes no sense to blow up Mazars when they can target plenty of govt. buildings, restaurants, security posts, army depots.

There is NO ONE answer except what is evident is that the rot that started in the 80s has made Pakistan far more susceptible to such attacks and foreign co-opting of these zombies.

There is NO ONE answer except what is evident is that the rot that started in the 80s has made Pakistan far more susceptible to such attacks and foreign co-opting of these zombies.

Back to the topic: Even if foreign powers (India) is training/funding some of these fundos it makes no sense to blow up Mazars when they can target plenty of govt. buildings, restaurants, security posts, army depots.

it makes perfect sense as talibans have been for like 20 years and hitting mazar makes no sense, hitting public places makes more sense.

By the way, not to go off topic but by 1986 the so-called Mujahideen had almost lost the war. It was the introduction of the Stinger Missiles which bled the Soviets to a retreat.

and where did u read that, post some statistics and source, the war cant be won just by stingers, it is won by strategies, will to fight etc

Dozens of countries supported Pakistan with billions of dollars, weapons, diplomatic support, manpower, a security-guarantee against direct Russian attack and yet Zia comes out as hero even after he destroyed Pakistan from inside? Zia might as well as God himself beside him literally. Or am I being a 'heretic' by saying that.

he destroyed pakistan from inside, and what do u mean by that???, as far as i remember pakistan was a very safe country in 1990s, pakistan hosted 1996 world cup cricket, compare it to present pakistan after musharraf and musharraf proxy zerdari time, pakistan cant even host one international ODI cricket match???, talibans did nothig to pakistan and there was no single blast, bombing.., compare it to after 2001 situation.

So, to fight the Soviets as America's proxy Zia had to turn the whole society around to some Wahabbi--cult, eh?!

now u are blaming the pakistani society???, please man remain in USA and dont bother calling ypurself pakistani..

I don't think peace in Pakistan is possible without having peace in Afghanistan and without having at least a truce with India. Till these two conditions are met all actions against these zombies will be actions of attrition--very slow attrition given the ever growing pool of poor and brain-washable people in Pakistan.

@Jana,

where does india come into this issue

Another blast that Zia orchestrated from his grave.

wow - this Zia guy seems to be very proficient in terrorist activity - he's capable of constructing attacks from another world, some would have us believe..

its amazing how partisanship can put a slant on any type of tradegy.

You guys should work as media spin doctors.

Saw some pics on BBC - a young kid being carried to an ambulance. What a barbaric act.

Though it has to be said that the establishment has been indifferent for decades and unable to comprehend what may occur in the future because of their actions...The power circles are responsible for this mess, its their responsibility to get us out of it.
Bzzzt! Bzzzt! Isn't Pakistan a democracy? So if you think someone is leading you the wrong way, see if you can strike a different path and convince others to follow. If not, you only have yourself to blame, yes?

Back
Top Bottom