Blast in Westridge, Rawalpindi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Zolfiqar

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
its not in the news yet.....but i happen to be here in Westridge visiting my cousin, and there is bad traffic now. Seeing a few ambulance pass by also.

Friend of mine lives near to where there was some kind of blast, apparently at Parade lane Masjid

Last edited:
Blast in Rawalpindi

RAWALPINDI: A blast took place near Rawalpindi's Qasim market on Friday, DawnNews reported.

Police and ambulances were on their way to the blast’s site which has now been cordoned off by security personnel.

This is the second time that Qasim market has been attacked. The market is situated in a residential area which houses serving and retired military officials. — DawnNews

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Blast in Rawalpindi

4 Injured in Rawalpindi Firing, Blasts

Blasts and firing echoed Peshawar Road area of Rawalpindi here on Friday, report said. The firing and a series of blasts lasted for several minutes, and reportedly occurred somewhere near Qasim Market, situated at Choharr Chowk of Westridge area, sources added.

Police and army troops arrived at the scene and cordoned off the area soon after the firing. The incident occurred near the office of an intelligence agency, it was reported.

4 injured in Rawalpindi firing, blasts | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Oh let me check my friends, mentor live there

I dunno! I just drove into Pindi earlier on this morning. And I'm coming from Peshawar. Not the nicest thing to be coming to here.

I hope there werent any major casualties.

Last edited:
9 to 10 casualties:(
Pradeline masjid .........3 to 4 blast.
helicopters are on search operation???

Last edited:
Pakistani police have reported gunfire and at least one explosion in the city of Rawalpindi.

One report said the firing was close to a military parade ground, another that it was an attack on a local mosque.

"We have reports that firing was heard," Mumtaz Ahmed, a police officer, told the Reuters news agency.

The Associated Press quoted local police as saying the latest attack was on a mosque close to the Pakistani army headquarters.

Police official Waqas Ahmed says gunfire was continuing in the area and at least one explosion was also heard, AP reported.

BBC News - 'Shots and explosion' heard in Pakistan's Rawalpindi

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

bloody ****.

Why is the firing? Are they still there? were they with any damn hostage program.

Last edited:
my friend was right, these low-honour bastards targetted the Paradeline Masjid. She lives not far from this area. Firings still being reported.

RAWALPINDI: Several persons, some of them critically injured in a suicide attack at a mosque from near Chohar chowk Westridge area in Rawalpindi on Friday.

Police sources said it was a suicide blast occurred in Parade Lanes mosque located near Qasim market followed by firing. Security force cordoned off the affected area. The injured have been shifted to CMH and other hospitals. Eyewitness said eight injured have been shifted to hospital.

Sources said the number of blasts is more then a dozen. Large number of people was present in the mosque when the incident happened. The firing is still going on, they added.

Several hurt in Rawalpindi mosque suicide blast - GEO.tv

Last edited:
RAWALPINDI: At least 10 people were killed in a blast that took place near Rawalpindi's Qasim market on Friday, DawnNews quoted the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) as saying.

Gunmen opened fire on worshippers after the blast and security officials were engaged in an exchange of gunfire with the militants.

Police and ambulances were on their way to the blast’s site which has now been cordoned off by security personnel.

At least four suicide attackers were involved in the assault, police sources told DawnNews.

This is the second time that Qasim market has been attacked. The market is situated in a residential area which houses serving and retired military officials. — DawnNews

TV Channels reporting 15-20 dead so far, Masjid was attacked during Friday Nimaz, the attackers still seem to be in the area and area cordoned off and search is going on.

my friend was right, these low-honour bastards targetted the Paradeline Masjid. She lives not far from this area. Firings still being reported.

The Mosque is frequented by officers for prayers :(

:cry:

Why the hell are they attacking people during Juma namaz???????

low honour cowards....

Express News says, 7 attackers led the attack, 4 are dead and 3 have been surrounded and hostage crisis can not be ruled out. Serious damage is expected and many serving and retired officers used to come to this Masjid.

Some serving officers are feared dead, so are others, casualties to further rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom