What's new

Boosting Air defence: F-16 jets in newly renovated Jacobabad airbase

1101462579-1.gif

When i read such news i think what is other sol purpose of these modern jets in our arsenal.................. Can someone has realistic answer..................... are these junk fighters are for defending the settled areas of pakistan ..... is it true that they are only defending the major cities of pakistan ........ if USAF was in our airspace for 15 minutes what was our guys doing.................................. thats really one of the best and amazing force :devil:
You need diplomatic muscle to be able to resolve such issues.Pakistan Air Force could do nothing against Soviet Union Fighter if we didn't have any US Backing.In fact i read in book that PAF only went ahead with interception when Pakistan was given go-ahead by Americans that they would support us diplomatically.The Armed Forces Leaders are pragmatic and realist...they know that if we go against US Armed Forces our capability against India will be diminished.OK Let's just say we launch war against US Armed Forces..what will be the outcome?If you think US will allow our shiny toys to shoot down their F15's and F18's then you are mistaken man.Anti Pakistani Feelings are already running high in US.You want Pakistan to become another Iraq?These wars are not won by emotions.

well the truth is even if they attack, you wont do anything just because you cant! its simple as that.

Seriously?

18 jets can maintain the Balance of Power? Hey, how many Su30s do the Indians have?

The Pak Military needs to change its thinking. Instead of promoting people based on seniority, we should promote on leadership, ingenuity, abilities. Screw the current alcohol drinking "leaders".

ALLAH said something like: "leaders of nations will be mirrors of their people".

You need diplomatic muscle to be able to resolve such issues.Pakistan Air Force could do anything against Soviet Union Fighter if we didn't have any US Backing.In fact i read in book that PAF only went ahead with interception when Pakistan was given go-ahead by Americans that they would support us diplomatically.The Armed Forces Leaders are pragmatic and realist...they know that if we go against US Armed Forces our capability against India will be diminished.OK Let's just say launch war against US Armed Forces..what will be the outcome?If you think US will allow our shiny toys to shoot down their F15's and F18's then you are mistaken man.Anti Pakistani Feelings are already running high in US.You want Pakistan to become another Iraq?These wars are not won by emotions.

totally agreed but except the underlined part ..

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;2653517 said:
totally agreed but except the underlined part ..

Sir,

Your disagreement does not mean to any thing---. That statement is correct---. You challenged the statement---but did not bring forward your claim and reasoning to justify your stand----.

The U S needed the oppurtunity to test its aircraft against the russian aircraft----pakistan offered its services---rest is a part of history----all the world knows and understands it except for you---. The success of the F 16 was a potent message to the russians amongst many others.

Patriot---you haven't seen the ANTI PAKISTAN feeling yet-----wait till the media gets hold of that movie where pakistani men are throwing acid on women and pakistani courts are doing nothing----.

its actually a briliant stretegy to take more and more stuf from americans,,,,,,,as i bet after there withdrawl from afghan lands,,they will even not give a nut bolt to us:undecided:

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

BTW blk52 looks seeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyy

The spares and assosiated weapons systems for F-16 will always be a problem for pakistan once Uncle sam sees there is no more role for pakistan in WOT !!!

Thəorətic Muslim;2651137 said:
Seriously?

18 jets can maintain the Balance of Power? Hey, how many Su30s do the Indians have?

The Pak Military needs to change its thinking. Instead of promoting people based on seniority, we should promote on leadership, ingenuity, abilities. Screw the current alcohol drinking "leaders".

ALLAH said something like: "leaders of nations will be mirrors of their people".

Right now there are about 140 and there are solid orders for another 132 more taking the total number to 272.

the next war will be a war of national resistance - machines guns, RPGs, manpack land based AA guns and missiles, single barrel rocket launchers such like----these fancy weapons will be like so much scrap metal - or used by the occupying forces and their puppets....

Could you please elaborate your point of view so that this can be discussed?
Araz

Right now there are about 140 and there are solid orders for another 132 more taking the total number to 272.
It was more of a rhetorical question... I was trying to say that that 18 jets aren't going to deter India's (140 + 132) Su30s and other more advanced aircraft.

So you guys see my point? Pakistan will NEVER be able to match India in Conventional abilities. Im not sure how 18 jets will be able to do guerilla style air warfare.....

Deterrence gets stronger thus he makes a valid point. Balance of power does not mean it is equal, rather Pakistan is in a more comfortable situation vis-a-vis the Indian threat.

Sir Blain2, please read referring to the post#18 and 24. That's neutral perspectives, we can't rely on Kiyani and PAF statements. Unrealistic small numbers against big numbers in deterences, I am not sure why we are so happy with it.

I guess, something new examples of CFT, twin seats, trainings and MLUed upgrading are the reasons we are excited about the delivery to Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom