What's new

Border Security Force Air Wing

Look what I found.

1653202.jpg

GB

P.S: - VT is a civilian registration number though.

Look what I found.

1653202.jpg

GB

P.S: - VT is a civilian registration number though.

BSF has had its own air wing since the 1960s. They had a few Dakotas operating out of Barrackpore. Later also received some Otters from the IAF. Their first pilots were seconded/transferred from the IAF. But there was one ex-IN Cdr. among them. The BSF's water wing was also set up with some river launches and tugs to operate in the Sundarbans and riverine tracts of the East.

Its now time that we look towards other forces. BSF, ICG, CRPF and ITBP are the forces which works so hard with almost no facilities. The most exploited force is BSF, who works at all temperature and in all terrains with very low wages and no helmets or bullet proof jackets and good weapons. They are now also been used in anti-naxal operations.

India has a huge border and for proper surveillance and mobilization our forces need helicopters, UAVs and RADARS. For starters we should start to supply Dhruv to these forces in small numbers and when HAL start production of LUH we could provide them those. They will also need medium multi role choppers.

I hope by 2020 all these forces will add atleast 100 choppers in their air wing. The greatest demand is for ICG while i don't know whether it is not realized or ignored ?/ But the fact is, our CG need many choppers, right now we are placing orders for only 30 and a dozen will be taken on lease from Sikorsky.

Back
Top Bottom