What's new

Breaking, K-8P qualifies for combat

If PAF is desperate to invest on full fledge ground attack aircraft, then why don't they consider SU25 Frog foot. PAF should try to talk to the Russians. I know there is no good news till now related to SU35 but may be Russians might just agree to sell SU25, who knows.

Its just a thought, so no one should get aggressive.

If PAF is desperate to invest on full fledge ground attack aircraft, then why don't they consider SU25 Frog foot. PAF should try to talk to the Russians. I know there is no good news till now related to SU35 but may be Russians might just agree to sell SU25, who knows.

russia would agree to sell the Su-25
they are easy targets for IAF fighter aircraft

How is it okay, please elaborate by your years of experience in Air to Air warfare planning and combat.
i do not have years of experience with anything military related

the RAF is defending an island. they do not have to contend with AA fire from the ocean
the PAF has to defend against a border with thousands of AA artillery and hundreds of SAM batteries
the Hawk trainer with A2A missiles is an easy target anywhere close to the border

the RAF is defending an island. they do not have to contend with AA fire from the ocean
the PAF has to defend against a border with thousands of AA artillery and hundreds of SAM batteries
the Hawk trainer with A2A missiles is an easy target anywhere close to the border

It would be better not to comment on things you have little to no idea about. Better safe than sorry you know.

Because they are ground based attack planes, yes but then so are K8.

The RAF had to defend against incoming low level raids over its territory. AA or SAMS have no place on a base 100km within the border. Please learn about employment tactics before making a conclusion.
And no, the Indian-Pakistan border is not as saturated as jingoistic and clearly ill informed people from both sides make it out to be.

Ground attack aircraft like the A-10/SU-25 are being replaced by UCAVs for high endurance, high risk missions and for tank busting there are Gunship helicopters. Only countries buying ground attack jets are the low maintenance types like Super Tucano for COIN or ones which don't have access to UCAV technology.

So no need to buy a dedicated ground attack jet anymore.

A ground attack K-8 will likely be only used for live weapon training by PAF, some export customers might use them against terrorist/insurgents.

Ground attack aircraft like the A-10/SU-25 are being replaced by UCAVs for high endurance, high risk missions and for tank busting there are Gunship helicopters. Only countries buying ground attack jets are the low maintenance types like Super Tucano for COIN or ones which don't have access to UCAV technology.

So no need to buy a dedicated ground attack jet anymore.

A ground attack K-8 will likely be only used for live weapon training by PAF, some export customers might use them against terrorist/insurgents.
Russia does not seem to have the UCAVs
They rely upon the su25s

Pakistan should be building K-8P in Pakistan and promoting it with PAC Super Mushshak to 3rd world countries.

Pakistan should be building K-8P in Pakistan and promoting it with PAC Super Mushshak to 3rd world countries.

good point. as i find this rather odd. We have this aircraft in Nmibia as well as zambia but they were directly from china.

k8-19-large.jpg
gTME3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom