What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Canada’s Population Grows by Over 1 Million for First Time!!!! (Annual expansion of 2.7%)

Then that's Pakistan's fault; an individual's priority is always to provide for his family first and foremost.

Remember, several years back, HEC did the 10,000 Ph.D. program? Our best and brightest were sent to the top European and Asian Universities. When they came back, the schools they were lecturers in didn't hire them, and the government made no efforts to place them to educate newer students to Western standards. I know several individuals that went to Germany. Some got hired at the universities they graduated from and are now German citizens; a few didn't, running a corner shop, etc.

I knew that group of 9 individuals as when they had conferences in Chicago, they stayed over, and we hung out.

On our form, @VCheng was left high and dry and had to fend for himself when that pig-faced Nawaz refused to fund education but had money to blow on useless stuff.

Ofcourse its our fault. This banana republic cant even adjust highly qualified ppl. I know what u r talking about because i am also one of them. You study at top unis and be honest n come back and then there is no pay and then they pay u 50K a month, which is embarrassing for a PhD and then they say there is no place available and then send u to a stupid uni in sindh made on a wadera land, filled with morons lolz. The ones that didn't come back or went back abroad are actually lucky. I had to leave the teaching and research field all together, made my own startup and got remote data analysis jobs, thanks to Allah i earn 10 times more than a uni professor now, but the banana republic has nothing to do with it and infact tried best to ruin my life and career.
You see if u try to do good with this country, it will **** u up. This country is only for haramkhors, corrupts, thieves, hypocrites, criminals and mafia.

Indian infested. I was in Portugal and Indians were there. Can't get away from them. Like rodents.
Indians are docile and meek and adapt to western civilisation quickly, making them a 'model minority'.

It is entirely possible that nepotism is the reason why Indians make more than a quarter of the new immigrants in Canada.

Other explanations are welcome but seem straight up corruption.
The immigration numbers I don't think include people invited on student visas. The numbers I heard for last year was something like 450k students, with almost 400k Indians. They ultimately become PR holders.

One legitimate reason is the way their Federal Express Entry scores work. Multiple degrees get higher scores. If you have an immediate family member in Canada, you have a higher score. Indians with multiple degrees are common and in vast numbers - quality of the university does not matter here. Also once you have a critical mass here, it would mean that every other Indian has an immediate family member here, leading to a cascading effect.

Yep. I know 40-50-year-old people who've been working at warehouses to get their kids through BSc undergrad and PharmD school. Sadly, Canada still has some structural issues preventing it from even harnessing Canadian-trained healthcare professionals. The latter are increasingly getting jobs in the U.S. and, ironically enough, China.
I do know that is an issue in medicine, but I have seen a positive change in Finance brought about during the pandemic due to lack of available resources. Previously, every role required a CPA, now you are able to land middle management and even senior management roles based on foreign MBAs and accounting qualifications. But yea, the salaries, perks and taxes here are a joke compared to the US.

The best Canadians eventually end up in USA for those reasons. Win-Win situation. :D

Yes.
I had acquired Canadian residency in the 90s but after living there for a while, I realized they, relatively, paid peanuts and that too after stiff competition, despite my American college education and experience. I still had the option to live in America and so I moved back. I can't imagine the situation in Canada is better now with so many more millions added.

Amazing career opportunities in America. Amazing range of climates. People just need to stay away from certain cities and even then only parts of those cities.

If there are meaningful healthcare reforms and better work-life balance, then I truly believe America is the best country in the world! There is something for everyone, every budget, ethnicity, political leaning... @Hamartia Antidote

The immigration numbers I don't think include people invited on student visas. The numbers I heard for last year was something like 450k students, with almost 400k Indians. They ultimately become PR holders.

One legitimate reason is the way their Federal Express Entry scores work. Multiple degrees get higher scores. If you have an immediate family member in Canada, you have a higher score. Indians with multiple degrees are common and in vast numbers - quality of the university does not matter here. Also once you have a critical mass here, it would mean that every other Indian has an immediate family member here, leading to a cascading effect.
Horrendous.

From faking college degrees to marriage certificates, it's just routine and business for Indians and India.

These must be investigated immediately.

Yes.
I had acquired Canadian residency in the 90s but after living there for a while, I realized they, relatively, paid peanuts and that too after stiff competition, despite my American college education and experience. I still had the option to live in America and so I moved back. I can't imagine the situation in Canada is better now with so many more millions added.

Amazing career opportunities in America. Amazing range of climates. People just need to stay away from certain cities and even then only parts of those cities.

If there are meaningful healthcare reforms and better work-life balance, then I truly believe America is the best country in the world! There is something for everyone, every budget, ethnicity, political leaning... @Hamartia Antidote

Thank you for making the better choice. USA is not perfect, but still the best place in the world, warts and all. As I said, win-win all around. :D

Canada get more immigrants from Asia and reach 1 billion people by the end of the century.

@White and Green with M/S

I mean, it's only cold for 4ish months, and then it's amazing weather again.

Besides, when you've lived in nations that experience extreme heat and zero snow, you tend to be fascinated with nations like Canada.

Southern Ontario is roughly the climate of Western Russia. Toronto is sort of like Moscow. Kitchener-Waterloo where I live is much colder than Moscow.

Big whoop, by all means continue to bring in every Amar, Akbar and Anthony to a country with a housing, health and COL crisis with the aim of
-keeping demand for housing and prices high
- keeping minimum wages low
- creating ghettos in our country because Lord knows most recent immigrants are loathe to integrate with those from a background different from theirs, and by extension new guaranteed vote banks for the LPC.

Oh and let's not forget that these new "valuable" additions to our labor pool get preference on the basis of their race with no consideration as to whether they can actually do the job better.

Canada has become a bad joke bordering on a quick devolution into a 3rd world country.

Big whoop, by all means continue to bring in every Amar, Akbar and Anthony to a country with a housing, health and COL crisis with the aim of
-keeping demand for housing and prices high
- keeping minimum wages low
- creating ghettos in our country because Lord knows most recent immigrants are loathe to integrate with those from a background different from theirs, and by extension new guaranteed vote banks for the LPC.

Oh and let's not forget that these new "valuable" additions to our labor pool get preference on the basis of their race with no consideration as to whether they can actually do the job better.

Canada has become a bad joke bordering on a quick devolution into a 3rd world country.

Totally. This is the entirety of it in one forum post.

But you forgot to add is that if anyone resists this, then all it takes is a bit of political correctness and guilt trips to preserve this stupid practice.

Yes.

A lot of this is true (with some caveats).

Unfortunately the demoKKKrats of the earlier/not-so-earlier era couldn't help themselves and let rise a thoroughly degenerate fellow like LBJ at a crucial inflection point....to add to the damage "progressive"-autocrats like Wilson (at least before his wife ran everything) and FDR had already done. Each one a long story by itself.

The massive expansion of federal govt was thus greatly accelerated (stripping away state and local govt balance in the process - that are key to your "something for everyone, every budget, ethnicity, political leaning) and on top a bad habit was formed in that era regarding big war mongering + reckless intervention by the "federal govt at all cost" as well.

Hence we now have a totally recklessly sized federal govt with its unnecessary sized flypaper that has caught the cavalcade of other big govt degenerates over time to add to the demokkkrats that started this process (most unfortunately from largely sympathy vote from the assassination of last good democrat that was Kennedy).

i.e folks like the neo-cons, neo-marxists and corporatist weathervanes who absolutely smack their lips at what oversized unaccountable sized (and now largely debt fuelled) federal govt can do.... having now made the very core concept of the federalist papers null and void entirely by their ad-hoc intersectional approach united only by power for powers sake.

What you enjoy right now (the buffet on offer by having federal structure and checks and balances to ensure federal govt is kept at a minimum and focused size for its actual key purposes) is literally from what has been able to endure and survive even with what LBJ set into motion and has since been expanded and exploited to the degree it has.

i.e America would have been far better than it is today without this big Fed govt expansion into fiscal rooms and the bleed over of that into war rooms from the precedent established in the inflection period.

If great society was to work, it should have come state by state to see what worked and why (given the more local a politician is, the more easy and directly they can be hell to account compared to some federal DC stiff).....but you see autocrat-kleptocrats dont care about any of that....and they have long gotten their way at great damage now being done both to potential and actualisation.

Just like that senile useless clown or any of his jackass party (and many of their equivalents in the pachyderms) dont actually pay the slightest attention or care to what the CBO has been saying a long time now about the fiscal cliff of non-funded but commited liability in the road the fed govt is on.

If the US is able to actually understand this and reverse course and shed its federal govt size (and it will come with some pain)....it will do far better and with low risk.

Otherwise this is a managed descent in many ways...waiting for some crisis that brings high risk to the whole.

Totally. This is the entirety of it in one forum post.

But you forgot to add is that if anyone resists this, then all it takes is a bit of political correctness and guilt trips to preserve this stupid practice.
Indeed. Everyone's opinions and feelings are equal, however you have to acknowledge that some people's opinions and feelings are more equal than others otherwise you're part of a "fringe minority with unacceptable views".

Yes.

Currently, Canada is an absolute sh*thole compared to the US. The salaries in Canada are incredibly pathetic, especially considering the cost of living.
@VCheng

Back
Top Bottom