What's new

BREAKING NEWS: STARSHIP HAS LANDED!!!!

did you forget? I already explained this to you earlier.
What did u explained? The raptor engine is yet to mature. The recent explosion more or less explain it. Using RD-180 engine is due to US backward in propulsion compare to Russia in space rocket. In fact, these rocket are not cheap. The Russian charge a high price for this engine sold to US. How can they passed up this chance to milk american? :lol:

You need to thank Russia for perseverance success. :enjoy:

If not, NASA might need to wait for 2022 window.

It still doesn't answer why they use Russian RD-180 engine.

Simple, ULA won the bid.

"NASA’s Launch Services Program announced today that it selected United Launch Alliance’s (ULA’s) proven Atlas V vehicle to launch Mars 2020, its next robotic science rover. This award resulted from a competitive procurement under the NASA Launch Services contract."
1. To be stacked onto a booster rocket, launch from one country and fly through the Low Earth Orbit, the booster separating and the Starship human-carrying spacecraft landing in another country in 20 or 30 minutes.

2. To be able to make the human-carrying Starship spacecraft and cargo-carrying Starship spacecraft land on the Moon and Mars.

Starship will first be used as a cargoship to launch heavy material into space and then land. After the cargo version shows reliability they will attempt human flight.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.55.07 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Using RD-180 engine is due to US backward in propulsion compare to Russia in space rocket.

LOL! Maybe the Chinese are just as "backwards".

In fact, these rocket are not cheap. The Russian charge a high price for this engine sold to US

The price was less than $10M a piece. There's only 1 on the AtlasV. ULA charges $110M/flight.

Last edited:
LOL! Maybe the Chinese are just as "backwards"
Sourgraped. Our tianwen -1 don't use backward method of using foreign rocket engine but domestic YF-100 engine that send 5 tons payload to mars vs US 1 tons perseverance. So u are saying american are more backward than Chinese? :lol:

What did u explained? The raptor engine is yet to mature. The recent explosion more or less explain it. Using RD-180 engine is due to US backward in propulsion compare to Russia in space rocket. In fact, these rocket are not cheap. The Russian charge a high price for this engine sold to US. How can they passed up this chance to milk american? :lol:

You need to thank Russia for perseverance success. :enjoy:

If not, NASA might need to wait for 2022 window.

RD-180 is cheap and reliable, US purchase of said engines kept Russian engineers busy and away from the hands of rogue nations. We also got the blue prints thrown in and we now make superior oxygen rich engines. To conclude, we have the best oxygen rich engine and the best fuel rich engine. :enjoy:

Please continue to eat them delicious sour grapes.

The US Air Force, Lockheed’s main customer, demanded access to 10 key technologies needed to produce the RD-180, in case relations with Russia ever foundered and America had to make the engines itself. It was a big ask. The US was after a crown jewel of Soviet space technology, and the Russian government was not thrilled. “But they saw no alternative,” Sackett says, “because the country did not just have a change of heart, they went broke. They just went flat broke. This is how they saved the company.”

We got the tech from Russia, meanwhile China is only able to produce 1/5 the thrust of the RD 180 for the same type of engine fueled by LOX/Kerosene .

RD-180 is cheap and reliable, US purchase of said engines kept Russian engineers busy and away from the hands of rogue nations. We also got the blue prints thrown in and we now make superior oxygen rich engines. To conclude, we have the best oxygen rich engine and the best fuel rich engine. :enjoy:

Please continue to eat them delicious sour grapes.

The US Air Force, Lockheed’s main customer, demanded access to 10 key technologies needed to produce the RD-180, in case relations with Russia ever foundered and America had to make the engines itself. It was a big ask. The US was after a crown jewel of Soviet space technology, and the Russian government was not thrilled. “But they saw no alternative,” Sackett says, “because the country did not just have a change of heart, they went broke. They just went flat broke. This is how they saved the company.”

We got the tech from Russia, meanwhile China is only able to produce 1/5 the thrust of the RD 180 for the same type of engine fueled by LOX/Kerosene .
Lol.. I know it's embarrassed to talk about US backward of rocket engine tech and come out with excuse like cheap and easy access.. loser always give this excuse.

When u have your full american tech capable of sending 5 tons payload to Mars then call me again. Btw, the backward China u claimed. Send 5 tons payload to Mars which u american still haven't demonstrated with your own tech first. The right to laugh at other reserve for Chinese/CNSA. :enjoy:

In the meantime, I just lol at you backward american in mars mission. :lol:

Lol.. I know it's embarrassed to talk about US backward of rocket engine tech and come out with excuse like cheap and easy access.. loser always give this excuse.

When u have your full american tech capable of sending 5 tons payload to Mars then call me again. Btw, the backward China u claimed. Send 5 tons payload to Mars which u american still haven't demonstrated with your own tech first. The right to laugh at other reserve for Chinese/CNSA. :enjoy:

Your tears are delicious we now have the best kerosene lox engine thanks to our bro Russia.
5 tons is puny we sent much higher payloads into deep space. With our NEP and NTP engines we will get to MARS really fast 90 days with massive payloads 63 tons. China is not in our league go play with India. :lol:

In the meantime, I just lol at you backward american in mars mission. :lol:

you probably already know this but I didn't so I write it.
perhaps fuel is once again a big part of the difference. I say once again because in WW2 the USA had superior fuel for it's fighter planes compared to the NAZIs aka Germans. Superior fuel = superior performance. most others things were quite similar.

Your tears are delicious we now have the best kerosene lox engine thanks to our bro Russia.
5 tons is puny we sent much higher payloads into deep space. With our NEP and NTP engines we will get to MARS really fast 90 days with massive payloads 63 tons. China is not in our league go play with India. :lol:

Cheap talk by american. Demonstrated first and proven in mars before u talk to me again. In the meantime, China is still the king of space with proven 5 tons payload to Mars.

Watch out for out Long march 9 ,140tons to LEO. :enjoy:

Cheap talk by american. Demonstrated first and proven in mars before u talk to me again. In the meantime, China is still the king of space with proven 5 tons payload to Mars.

With Blue origin's new glen rocket that's 7 meters in diameter and it's own BE-4 methane based engines, ULA'S new Vulcan rocket which will also use BE-4 as well. Then there's SLS, starship and many smaller launchers bring there own engines and rockets to the market astra, firefly, relativity, and vector by 2024 the US will have multiple next generation rockets active. An exciting time to be alive

Amazing. Starship flying looks alot risky.

How much will it cost to fly in starship one trip?

China, king of space..lol. you brag like your noisy neighbor India. king of space lmao! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL!

Your only proven manned spacecraft is based on the Soyuz. :rofl:

You have no permanent spacestation. We have had one for 20 years and even one in the 1970s.

You have not sent any spacecraft to other planets except for your Mars one. Our first was in 1962 to Venus.

Your Long March 5 is only slightly more powerful than a SpaceX Falcon 9...which we flew 26 times last year...and it lands too.

Falcon Heavy can launch 16.8 metric tonnes to Mars. That's like a +10x overkill for the Mars2020 Perseverance mission. Why would we use it?

Delta IV Heavy 8.1 metric tonnes to Mars. Again overkill.

AtlasV can do 4.9 metric tonnes.

Falcon 9 can do 4 metric tonnes to Mars

Next time send a rover the size of Perseverance...and make it nuclear powered too.
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.31.45 PM.jpg

Tianwen-1

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.42.22 PM.jpg

Curiosity/Perserverance (weight 1025 kilograms and about the size of a car...and that's even bigger than your moon rover nevermind your Mars rover :rofl: )

Oh and send some spaceraft outside the Solar System too.

Last edited:
LOL!

Your only proven manned spacecraft is based on the Soyuz. :rofl:
You have no permanent spacestation. We have had one for 20 years and even one in the 1970s.
You have not sent any spacecraft to other planets except for your Mars one.

Your Long March 5 is only slightly more powerful than a SpaceX Falcon 9...which we flew 26 times last year...and it lands too.

Falcon Heavy can launch 16.8 metric tonnes to Mars. That's like a +10x overkill for the Mars2020 Perseverance mission. Why would we use it?

Delta IV Heavy 8.1 metric tonnes to Mars. Again overkill.

AtlasV can do 4.9 metric tonnes.

Falcon 9 can do 4 metric tonnes to Mars

Next time send a rover the size of Perseverance...and make it nuclear powered too.
View attachment 722109
Tianwen-1

View attachment 722110
Curiosity/Perserverance (weight 1025 kilograms)

Oh and send some spacraft outside the Solar System too.
Soyuz? The same spacecraft that send US astronaut to ISS for 9 years... While spineless US has nothing to send man to space during that period. You got the cheek to laugh at it? That means u are laughing at your own NASA incompetent? :lol:

Stop avoid the fact, we send 5 tons to payload to Mars while you send only 1 tons perseverance. You can even double perseverance weight to 2 tons and it still cant beat our 5 tons payload to Mars. The highest payload to Mars on single trip so far. The record will hold until some other breaks it! :enjoy:

And we are not spineless space bragging power using foreign rocket engine and brag perseverance as some feat all by itself. lol...

Soyuz? The same spacecraft that send US astronaut to ISS for 9 years... While spineless US has nothing to send man to space during that period. You got the cheek to laugh at it? That means u are laughing at your own NASA incompetent? :lol:

Stop avoid the fact, we send 5 tons to payload to Mars while you send only 1 tons perseverance. You can even double perseverance weight to 2 tons and it still cant beat our 5 tons payload to Mars. The highest payload to Mars on single trip so far. The record will hold until some other breaks it! :enjoy:

And we are not spineless space bragging power using foreign rocket engine and brag perseverance as some feat all by itself. lol...

If you actually had a successful Space Program you could have sent a bigger rover. I'm sorry our Space Program actually has succeeded in the past at sending satellites to orbit Mars while yours was a complete failure. If your satellite was successful you could have used that extra weight savings for a bigger rover. Instead you are stuck sending another one and with it only a medium sized rover.

What's your sad excuse for not switching out your solar panels yet??? Why are you always 15+ years behind in leveraging tech??

Our rover can drive perpetually including at night and during dust storms. Meanwhile you are stuck in late 90's early 2000's solar tech.

Looks like your 5 tons wasn't even enough to manage that simple task. You need 10 tons for that too?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom