What's new

BRICS Bank launched, first president to be from India!!

Best thing for Pakistan - stop encouraging terrorism against India, develop friendly relation with India, shred too much religion agenda it carries, increase trade and people2people contact with India, then it will see whole new Pakistan. Only Country Pakistan can benefit in long run from is India . Look at other-side, even-though 80% of your population have positive opinion on China, in return barely 30% of Chinese have positive opinion on you.

Only 30% of Chinese have positive opinion on Pakistan?

Your source pls?

India should have pushed for its headquarters to be based in India rather than China. Apart from that, I would like to see this bank challenging the dominance of world bank and IMF.

Is this the beginning of the end for the current uni-polar world order, dominated by the American-led West?

Is this the foreshadowing of a new multi-polar world? No doubt, BRICS and the SCO will be the main vehicles to achieve this most important of goals. Though it will take several decades more at least.

Think about it. China right now is the largest trading nation in the world, one of the largest creditors in the world, one of the largest surplus nations in the world, and has more currency reserves than the rest of the world combined, etc.

Yet France has more voting rights at the IMF than China! Not only France, but Britain, Germany, Japan, and of course America who has more than the rest combined.

Now we are equal partners in a new BRICS bank, this serves our national interests and goals far more than the IMF. And in the BRICS, we have partners who also share our interest in creating a multi-polar world, since they along with us will form the new poles of power, alongside the already established old-world powers.

It's too early to predict whether the BRICS bank will challenge the world bank. Wait and see. Too much optimism at this time.

Only 30% of Chinese have positive opinion on Pakistan?

Your source pls?
Does it matter? Sometimes I wonder if China is nurturing another Prodigal son. As if one is not enough.:enjoy:

Does it matter? Sometimes I wonder if China is nurturing another Prodigal son. As if one is not enough.:enjoy:
lol :lol:

India should have pushed for its headquarters to be based in India rather than China. Apart from that, I would like to see this bank challenging the dominance of world bank and IMF.
Yes, but in all honesty there was no better place than Shanghai for this.
I agree with abindonboy on this. Its the staffing that is crucial, whether staffing is equally divided or not.

Seem like perfect opportunity for Pakistan to finance Bhasha Dam.
images

This is Shanghai
2013-12-13-skyline-shanghai.jpg

Now I was going to post a pic of Delhi, but the thing is, I seen a lot of 2021 plans or something, and I don't want to post one that's too harsh, since I never been to Delhi and don't know whether that's a real pic or a recent pic or not, and I hate it when people use outdated info, so I'll leave it up to the Indian members.

If you think Delhi is anywhere close to Shanghai and if Delhi is really the best city to represent the emerging markets.

If you think Delhi is anywhere close to Shanghai and if Delhi is really the best city to represent the emerging markets.
location wasn't the core issue; the problem was equal rights, and from the looks of it, that has been achieved.

this is a significant opportunity for the entire developing world, lets leave petty issues on the side for once.

Last edited:
Yes, but in all honesty there was no better place than Shanghai for this.
I agree with abindonboy on this. Its the staffing that is crucial, whether staffing is equally divided or not.

I'd say the President of the bank has more influence on policy than the location of the building.

Sure, the security guards etc. are probably going to be mostly Chinese, but that doesn't really affect policy.

I'd say the President of the bank has more influence on policy than the location of the building.

Sure, the security guards etc. are probably going to be mostly Chinese, but that doesn't really affect policy.
Not the guards,. the managers. Location is irrelevant if staffing is neutral.
And yes, the President will have more influence on policy.

What is the guarantee India wont do that? If Pakistan needs help from BRICS bank in financing the Basha Dam, India will be against it for sure with your old argument that the dam is in disputed territory.
Investment needs to be in growing markets like stable countries of Latin america and africa. I am sure investment in pakistan will also be done once the security situation improves.... If pakistan presents itself as a good investment market, I don't think there should be an issue to fund infrastructure in Pakistan too.... As brics has China and India, If India has any reservations about pakistan, I am sure china can negate it. it's upto SA, Brazil and Russia.

The bank is not what it looks like, what this bank really is saying is China has arrived. No matter who this bank loans money to, it doesn't really matter. They all have to come to Shanghai for this.

It's more prestige that matters, Chinese development banks loans a far larger number. The reason China is building these institutions is to have it in China, so people will come to China and see China in a leadership position.

China's goal is to replace America as the centre of global government, well, take a big slice off, not replace.

As to equal say, who cares, BRIS can dominate and it wouldn't really matter.

Not the guards,. the managers. Location is irrelevant if staffing is neutral.
And yes, the President will have more influence on policy.
wondering who might be the Indian candidate

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom