What's new

British Typhoons beat Indias Sukhois in joint exercises

wait a minute this was a dog fight? oh phew! :) air combat today will take place at BVR which IMO the SU-30MKI has an advantage in the EF is a wonderful machine (bloody expensive though) but our MKI is good for us for our needs our seasoned pilots know how to work it and in real combat situation any air to air battle would take place in BVR even if it was in WVR the MKI has good maneuverability and good dog fighting experience lets not forget RAF EF's were out preformed by IAF MKI's

one question to fellow Indian members on here a majority of you like Rafale why is that??? is it because it is french? the Typhoon is technically superior than the Rafale and has a very VERY low RCS but it is expensive so if thats the reason for you picking Rafale i can understand nonetheless IMO IAF pilots deserve only the best

well no doubt raffel is winner no matter what the trcik they will use

but a question do pakistan will be buy typoon after india reject them ??

Why is everybody I meet on this forum rallying for the Rafale?It's a jet that nobody has ever bought.The reliability of such a fighter is suspect at best.With the Typhoon comes complete TOT.Imagine having a 4.5 gen jet blueprints in our hands,the possibilities are countless.

Back to the main article,Everybody knows that we trashed the Brits in 2007(Brits confirmed it themselves) even with the MKI radars switched off.Anyway,time to upgrade the babies to MK3

Agreed mosts member's logic is that Rafale is sexy and thats where it ends. There is no question that EF is better for our industry. if that's what we ar looking for and truly interested in developing our domestic industry, then EF is clearly the winner. There is no comparsion. However, if we looking to be in a buyer relationship forever, then Rafale is the choice.

Though we have beat the Brits in 2007, what I found interesting is that from that win, we didn;t take any necessary steps to ensure our lead. however, the Brits studied their loss, built tactics around the MKI, and then performed wonderfully, second time around. I think this is a key problem in our defence, we make no effort to enhancing our preparedness. ONLY INACTIVE NOT REACTIVE. THis is a fundamental flaw in our defence for a long time. When will change, after we loose the nest war? Throughout Indian history this has been the case, where we have beat invading armies intially but fail to learn from those battles while our enemies took the loss to enhance their fighting ability

one question to fellow Indian members on here a majority of you like Rafale why is that??? is it because it is french? the Typhoon is technically superior than the Rafale and has a very VERY low RCS but it is expensive so if thats the reason for you picking Rafale i can understand nonetheless IMO IAF pilots deserve only the best

sanctionsssssssssssssssss

It can be for advertisement purpose too... the outcome of air exercise are never disclosed...The EF or the rafale MMRCA deal is soon gonna be signed .. this can be last desperate pitch for sales ... :mamba:

we need to make the best choice possible the point of MMRCA besides equipping our air force with hi tech modern fighter jets is to help develop our own defense industry we need to make good use of the offsets that we get when we buy the fighter

the EF is not 5th gen but compared to other 4.5 gen fighters its the closest there is with the kind of technology the typhoon has to offer there is no doubt we will learn and implement this into future designs like AMCA Tejas MK3 (if there ever is one)

:rofl: Yeah right. First the Typhoons outdid Rafales in a totally non-retaliating Libya with almost negligible air force of their own, and now they beat Su-30 MKIs. That too without any AESA radars on them and having not even half the maneuverability of the MKIs. What a marketing stunt. HAHAHA! Come on seriously? In a conventional WVR range, the MKIs are meant to toast down anything in the opposition. That's the whole point where supermaneuverability comes into play.

If this was a radar vs radar fight, I could have possibly agreed had Typhoon been equipped by powerful AESAs. :P

go read the article again, it says one-on-one DOGFIGHTS!
it was WVR fight!
and guess what typhoon with "half the maneuverability of the MKIs" "toast it down" the MKIs! lol
well this apparently shows that IAF pilots did not make a good use of sukhoi's agility...

go read the article again, it says one-on-one DOGFIGHTS!
it was WVR fight!
and guess what typhoon with "half the maneuverability of the MKIs" "toast it down" the MKIs! lol
well this apparently shows that IAF pilots did not make a good use of sukhoi's agility...

the EF is highly maneuverable a very good dog fighter indeed but this was WVR most air to air combat today will take place in BVR a field that both of these aircraft are good at remember in 2007 where IAF pilots out preformed the EF the RAF learned from their mistakes and upped us on this one

whatever EF is truly great otherwise won't have selected in MCRA contest along with RAFALE

I think guys you can question the motive here.. why now...its 2011.. the air exercise happened in 07 and 10.... by this iam not trying to say Su30 is better .. It can be last pitch for sales..

Back
Top Bottom