What's new

Buzdar’s poor performance in Punjab

Buzdar is just not strong enough or enthusiastic enough to be CM, compared to Shahbaz atleast who was more charismatic and had new projects going up everywhere.

PTI need to put someone pro-active, or someone who can better 'act' like they know what they are doing, maybe Asad Umar.

Governments have been ousted before the 5 year mark but that contributed to the lack of growth in Pakistan. Ask any investor and they’ll tell you that stability is key to their investment because then they can actually plan out a project. Bring in a new govt before the 5 years and first thing investors will ask is ‘how long is this new government going to last’?

We’ve had 3 successful democratic changes of government. Investor confidence is building and early elections will take us back to square one.

Investor confidence is dwindling as government rolls out contradictory policies one after the another.

All this government has done is sign MoU's and those can be incorporated by the next government too.

There is little argument to keep the government going which is just a burden for the national kitty.

Buzdar is just not strong enough or enthusiastic enough to be CM, compared to Shahbaz atleast who was more charismatic and had new projects going up everywhere.

PTI need to put someone pro-active, or someone who can better 'act' like they know what they are doing, maybe Asad Umar.

It will be a proud feeling to have PTI PM and Sindh CM to share a stage too i guess again?

There are people who think Mr. Elahi is better equipped to manage Punjab for Mr. Khan.
Pervez elahi was a good CM much better than ganja brothers
Us ki hajomat main jo hospitals ki construction horhi thi Shahbaz na 10 saal rokay rkhi ha
Ussay speaker rehnay do ab

Pervez elahi was a good CM much better than ganja brothers
Us ki hajomat main jo hospital ki construction horhi Shahbaz na 10 saal rokay rkhi ha
Ussay speaker rehnay do ab

CM bana do. Speaker ziada khatarnaak hai apke liye. adna si raye hai meri baqi apki marzi

Investor confidence is dwindling as government rolls out contradictory policies one after the another.

All this government has done is sign MoU's and those can be incorporated by the next government too.

There is little argument to keep the government going which is just a burden for the national kitty.
Can you point out which economic policies are contradictory?
Govt has allowed a partial free float of the rupee which has allowed it to devalue and reflect the actual value. It has reduced imports and cut down the CAD. It has undertaken Tax net expansion and is the first government to initiate some sort of documentation of traders (even Musharraf failed on that count).

The next proposed steps are to reduce duties on imported raw materials and materials used in manufacturing higher value goods to help exports.

Ideally Qureshi should had been the CM of Punjab where as Asad Umer FM. But SMQ lost his provincial seat.

Can you point out which economic policies are contradictory?
Govt has allowed a partial free float of the rupee which has allowed it to devalue and reflect the actual value. It has reduced imports and cut down the CAD. It has undertaken Tax net expansion and is the first government to initiate some sort of documentation of traders (even Musharraf failed on that count).

The next proposed steps are to reduce duties on imported raw materials and materials used in manufacturing higher value goods to help exports.

1) Dollar is being artificially maintained still subject to mood and whims of the stock exchange.
2) Tax net expansion though admirable but is still targeting the middle sector which should ideally be the backbone of economy.
3) Reducing imports under austerity was only good till tomatoes started pouring in from the West.

BTW, Pakistan doesn’t need more mega projects besides dams and renewable energy projects & some other critical infrastructure - it needs investment in existing schools, hospitals, electricity grid expansion & upgrades & reforms in how existing institutions are run.

Smaller projects like roads to villages and small towns, better local governance, improving farmer yield, improving the farm to market chain etc is where you’ll see the focus and where we should see the focus. These will not be in the media as much but they’ll have a much stronger impact on he average Pakistani.

1) Dollar is being artificially maintained still subject to mood and whims of the stock exchange.
How so?
2) Tax net expansion though admirable but is still targeting the middle sector which should ideally be the backbone of economy.
The middle class that isn’t paying direct taxes is being targeted along with traders. Major industrialists are already paying taxes and the NIC condition was to capture under invoicing on their part. The tax net expansion is at all levels.
3) Reducing imports under austerity was only good till tomatoes started pouring in from the West.
As I said, no trolling please. The import of tomatoes isn’t putting a dent in the CAD and essential imports are continuing.

BTW, Pakistan doesn’t need more mega projects besides dams and renewable energy projects & some other critical infrastructure

The financial budget of last fiscal year and the next is not development friendly.

Construction projects like Pyramids, Dams and Roads have always been key elements of economic growth from ancient Egypt to modern Pakistan.

The government is however taking your advice and only rooting for the 5 year mark.

Take a look at the stock exchange for the past week to understand what i am implying.

The middle class that isn’t paying direct taxes is being targeted along with traders. Major industrialists are already paying taxes and the NIC condition was to capture under invoicing on their part. The tax net expansion is at all levels.

Middle class is already struggling with indirect taxes. NIC condition is needed for financial transparency but the government should have given the traders enough time to ween them off the black economy and into the white one.

They are not taxing the public smartly as they should be which is frustrating the masses.

As I said, no trolling please. The import of tomatoes isn’t putting a dent in the CAD and essential imports are continuing.

It is not trolling. It only highlights how short term solution by governments are favored over long term planning and that is not just true for GoP but for every government out there.

I'd prefer an army PM and a navy CM sharing a stage

#BajwaforPM

He is happy with his current post.

Him being PM would only present him with the same tools at Mr. Khan's disposal.

Take a look at the stock exchange for the past week to understand what i am implying.
What you're saying is that the increase in value of the rupee is being done artificially - how do you tie the fluctuations in the stock market to an 'artificial increase in the value of the rupee'? I'd like some more specifics please.
Middle class is already struggling with indirect taxes. NIC condition is needed for financial transparency but the government should have given the traders enough time to ween them off the black economy and into the white one.
Almost every middle class in the world pays indirect taxes - that isn't something unique to Pakistan.

And the government has been flexible with the traders, that is why the final agreement was much more in favor of the traders than the initial goals.
They are not taxing the public smartly as they should be which is frustrating the masses.
Can you provide examples/suggestions of 'smart taxation' vs what the PTI government is doing currently?
It is not trolling. It only highlights how short term solution by governments are favored over long term planning and that is not just true for GoP but for every government out there.
You said that the import of tomatoes to address the shortage and increase in tomato prices domestically was some sort of failure of the policy to 'restrict imports'. What caused the tomato price increase?

What you're saying is that the increase in value of the rupee is being done artificially - how do you tie the fluctuations in the stock market to an 'artificial increase in the value of the rupee'? I'd like some more specifics please.

It is classic balancing of the books. It has been done before as well and continues to take the same route. As i said just look at the controlled fluctuation which technically is corruption but lets leave that for later.
Almost every middle class in the world pays indirect taxes - that isn't something unique to Pakistan.

And the government has been flexible with the traders, that is why the final agreement was much more in favor of the traders than the initial goals.
The government was not flexible. The traders lodged protests and went to multiple political and non political forums to bring the matter to attention.

Can you provide examples/suggestions of 'smart taxation' vs what the PTI government is doing currently?

PTI government is taxing the poor excessively. One does not have to tax every business out there but only tax the most lion share of the business.

Billionaire industrialists are still enjoying subsidiary and rudimentary taxation which they avoid by employing people like Shabbar Xaidi.

You said that the import of tomatoes to address the shortage and increase in tomato prices domestically was some sort of failure of the policy to 'restrict imports'. What caused the tomato price increase?

Corruption. Lack of foresight in Planning. Failure to understand the mechanics of local trade.

It is exactly the same as claiming there is no load shedding at the peak of winter.

It is classic balancing of the books. It has been done before as well and continues to take the same route. As i said just look at the controlled fluctuation which technically is corruption but lets leave that for later.

The government was not flexible. The traders lodged protests and went to multiple political and non political forums to bring the matter to attention.

PTI government is taxing the poor excessively. One does not have to tax every business out there but only tax the most lion share of the business.

Billionaire industrialists are still enjoying subsidiary and rudimentary taxation which they avoid by employing people like Shabbar Xaidi.

Corruption. Lack of foresight in Planning. Failure to understand the mechanics of local trade.

It is exactly the same as claiming there is no load shedding at the peak of winter.
so it's like saying: just because I say it, it means it is the truth. at least like some others here you haven't yet said: "it is true because I am an insider"

Last edited:
so it's like saying: just because I say it, it means it is the truth. at least like some others here you haven't yet said: " it is true because I am an insider"

Ok.

We can remain patient for another 2 months and we shall soon find out how great the economic team of Khan was.

I have the patience. Do you?

Back
Top Bottom