What's new

Call for Inputs Regarding PDF Social Media

How much Cumulative Time do you generally spend on PDF daily?

• Total voters
It can be Nationalist though fully restrained by logic and common sense but Politics,you know what it is in this part of world.

What I meant to indicate, based on the Indian and American example, is that political sides have hijacked the sole nationalist pedestal. Leaving no room for another political ideology.

In the US its largely racial.

In India its wholly communal.

I don't know what it is in Pakistan.

Cheers, Doc

How about separating the magazine from the forum?

Sorry why ?

I know this is not social media related but could y'all get rid of the pop up and especially pop up video ads introduced a couple weeks ago? The previous ads were great in that they did not break immersion but these new pop up ads are very annoying. Thanks.

Well, @WebMaster has to earn income from somewhere to maintain the free-ness of the forum.

Its inescapable in these polarized times.

Check out one single Indian forum and see if it remains neutral and only Indian.

There is a sea of difference between nationalists and patriots.

And currently around the world the nationalists are on top.

@dharmi @jamahir @Bagheera

Cheers, Doc

Yes, the nationalists are generally on top, especially the ethno-ultranationalists in India.

Though if some nice songs are posted on YT it does attract sensible talk in the comments section between Indians and Pakistanis.

Also it is nice that interviews in India of progressives like Kanhaiya and Shehla, and analysis of Indian political events by people like Akash Banerjee attract sensible commentors.

It can be Nationalist though fully restrained by logic and common sense

Agreed.

Also it is nice that interviews in India of progressives like Kanhaiya and Shehla, and analysis of Indian political events by people like Akash Banerjee attract sensible commentors.

Most of us have not heard these people or see them anywhere. Your circles seem very divergent.

Cheers, Doc

It would be nice to see a bit less trolly abusiveness but it is what it is...

Most of us have not heard these people or see them anywhere. Your circles seem very divergent.

Cheers, Doc

You have not heard of Kanhaiya Kumar and Sheha Rashid ? The "Tukde tukde gang" ?

You have not heard of Kanhaiya Kumar and Sheha Rashid ? The "Tukde tukde gang" ?

I did not say most of us have not heard OF them.

I said most of us have not heard them or see them anywhere.

They are the underground. And you seem to be a denizen of the deep.

Cheers, Doc

I did not say most of us have not heard OF them.

I said most of us have not heard them or see them anywhere.

OK.

Then do listen to this interview of Kanhaiya Kumar by the lovely Arfa Khanum Sherwani.

And you seem to be a denizen of the deep.

No.

For example, in 2017, or perhaps late 2016, I had two or three discussion rounds with the State Secretary for my state of one of the public communist parties. After these discussions he called me to come to a protest gathering at the town hall where the city's progressive groups and sensible Centrists were to gather to protest against the suicide of Rohith Vemula. The State Secretary was to introduce me to the party's city chief. But somehow me meeting this person didn't happen and somehow I just dropped out. But I am sure the State Secretary was curious about a person ( me ) wanting to join the party from non-usual places ( colleges, factories, banks etc ).

I hope the above reply is what you intended for me to answer.

OK.

Then do listen to this interview of Kanhaiya Kumar by the lovely Arfa Khanum Sherwani.

No.

For example, in 2017, or perhaps late 2016, I had two or three discussion rounds with the State Secretary for my state of one of the public communist parties. After these discussions he called me to come to a protest gathering at the town hall where the city's progressive groups and sensible Centrists were to gather to protest against the suicide of Rohith Vemula. The State Secretary was to introduce me to the party's city chief. But somehow me meeting this person didn't happen and somehow I just dropped out. But I am sure the State Secretary was curious about a person ( me ) wanting to join the party from non-usual places ( colleges, factories, banks etc ).

I hope the above reply is what you intended for me to answer.

Most of these parties rope in guys like us for the image and the writing, language, social media, TV appearances, etc.

You and I will never taste true people power.

That will always be in the hands of the guys you and I look down on.

And they laugh at us.

Live with it. Don't become a @xeuss ...

Cheers, Doc

@Everyone, Let's focus on the social media part. How to increase it's reach and improve it. What are your feedbacks on it's posting till now?

Do share about the social media part too please. Welcome all good suggestions.
I would suggest that PDF should maintain low profile in YouTube and Twitter.. you guys can't be the mods and will be quickly pulled down . Don't have the privilege that you enjoy here

I would suggest that PDF should maintain low profile in YouTube and Twitter.. you guys can't be the mods and will be quickly pulled down . Don't have the privilege that you enjoy here

They don't have clout anywhere. Not even here.

Could they control the Indian hordes here?

All they could do was ban everyone and make this a Muslim echo chamber like the current Indian forums.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM

Cheers, Doc

Most of these parties rope in guys like us for the image and the writing, language, social media, TV appearances, etc.

You and I will never taste true people power.

That will always be in the hands of the guys you and I look down on.

And they laugh at us.

Sorry for the delay in reply. There was a power cut so I had gone to the terrace to water the plants.

Well, this State Secretary person was humble and genuine. He showed me some of the building which was new. And he invited me to lunch and after lunch he said that in their beliefs they wash their utensils themselves instead of asking some junior to do it.

Perhaps because I was a Muslim he asked me or mentioned really that during the Saddam years in Iraq why was the Communist Party of Iraq repressed by the Baath Party which was also a progressive movement.

He told me of an incident when some dozen or so RSS members barged into his house with machetes etc but that day he wasn't there.

He told me of his visit to Sochi city in Russia during the USSR times and to Cuba.

I also mentioned to him that just before I resigned from an ITES company in mid-2014 I was in the process of establishing an employee union there. This must have piqued him further.

He emailed me a book he had written on workers I think and wanted my opinion on it. Foolishly I didn't critique it.

These are what I remember. And I don't mind if initially I can contribute to becoming the face of such groups.

And I don't mind if initially I can contribute to becoming the face of such groups.

Lots of doctors doing that. Not just Sambit Patra.

A batchmate of mine is very vocal in social media and writes extensively.

I just think that if and when I were to make the move it would necessarily be a secular force and I would be more an ideologue than a mass leader.

An aggravator. An instigator. Jalo. Jalao ...

Cheers, Doc

A batchmate of mine is very vocal in social media and writes extensively.

Nice to hear that.

I just think that if and when I were to make the move it would necessarily be a secular force

Fantastic ! But you would still be a Sainik ( because they are now in the MVA ) ?

and I would be more an ideologue than a mass leader.

Ah.

An aggravator. An instigator. Jalo. Jalao ...

Heh heh.

Fantastic ! But you would still be a Sainik ( because they are now in the MVA ) ?

It is time for the Maratha to save India once more ...

Stay tooned.

The Shiv Sena from Aurangazeb's time has always been a secular force fighting for India first.

Cheers, Doc

What I meant to indicate, based on the Indian and American example, is that political sides have hijacked the sole nationalist pedestal. Leaving no room for another political ideology.

In the US its largely racial.

In India its wholly communal.

I don't know what it is in Pakistan.

Cheers, Doc
I pity on our masses,they have promoted opportunistic politicians to the rank of demogods.

Back
Top Bottom