What's new

Cameron doesn't understand Pakistan. Sadly, he is not alone

I think cameron not only understands Pakistan, but also the economic realities of the subcontinent.

Well like I said most of these people our not educated.....as a result they get picked up by extremist groups......which indoctrinates them in becoming bombers. It's the duty of the UK goverement to solve this not Pakistan......unless UK wants to be a part of Pakistan......which will never happen...then its the duty of our goverment.

Labour Govt. had been too afraid to take any practical steps against these people so as not be labelled as Islamophobic, those Idiots like Humza and Anjum Chowdary were treated with velvet gloves. British govt. should show ruthless will to eradicate this menance of Islamic terrorism.

I think cameron not only understands Pakistan, but also the economic realities of the subcontinent.

What more is there to understand other than what David Cameron stated. And what economic realities he doesn't understand and that you know very well of??.

You are forgetting the fact that Gordon Brown made a statement in Pakistan that 75% of terror plots in UK originate in Pakistan. It talks very low of Pakistan as it serves as a terror breeding ground

And what has Pakistan done since then...it has tackled Swat, South Waziristan, Bajaur.....it is doing its duty....thats why the Americans are praising Pakistan. At least it is trying to do something.

Labour Govt. had been too afraid to take any practical steps against these people so as not be labelled as Islamophobic, those Idiots like Humza and Anjum Chowdary were treated with velvet gloves. British govt. should show ruthless will to eradicate this menance of Islamic terrorism.

Then it is our fault...you can't blame Pakistan...because we were too inept to do somethings.

Pakistani Community is British...so as we live there it is the right of the British goverement to educate and help these people...so its logical if the UK align itself with the British Anglo-Pak community. Futhermore these bombers are not Pakistani..they are British maybe of Pakistani origin......but British non of the less.

Oh! You meant Pakistnai community in Britain.... My bad....

Labor party has vote banks of pakistani-origin people to pander to. Obviously, they didn't take strong steps and situation has come to reach where people like Anjum chaudry want to make Britain an Islamic state and justice delivered under shariah laws.:rolleyes:

What more is there to understand other than what David Cameron stated. And what economic realities he doesn't understand and that you know very well of??.

He understands the week economic condition of Pakistan, the week geo-political position and from where his country can get can get better business opportunities... that's why he felt at home to give his FRANK REMARKS about PAKISTAN

Then it is our fault...you can't blame Pakistan...because we were too inept to do somethings.

If something originates in Pakistan.. Comes to UK and UK, due to its weak policies is not able to contain it, it does not absolve Pakistan from initiating the problem in the 1st place..

He understands the week economic condition of Pakistan, the week geo-political position and from where his country can get can get better business opportunities... that's why he felt at home to give his FRANK REMARKS about PAKISTAN

Every one understands the Pakistan's weak economic situation and it has itself to blame for this situation for not acting effectively against terrorism when you had chance right after 9/11 attacks and consequent US's invasion of Afghanistan. And as a result everyone can see the blow-back from these home grown terrorists, followed by dismal security situation and fleeing of investment.

US, UK and other western countries understand the economic situation and therefore they are giving economic aid, loans and other assistance. But they seem to be either pocketed by Pakistani elite or going to buy military toys. So, Pakistan and its leaders should behave in a responsible manner and use the AID in most effective way to eradicate terrorism and develop Pakistan. The solutions should come form within Pakistan and not wait for some foreign messiah to rescue you. As I see it, no solutions have come out of Pakistan so far either on terrorism or on development front. You have to blame your politicians and military for getting yourselves into this situation.

Every one understands the Pakistan's weak economic situation and it has itself to blame for this situation for not acting effectively against terrorism when you had chance right after 9/11 attacks and consequent US's invasion of Afghanistan.
I guess all those operation into the tribal regions don't count.

And as a result everyone can see the blow-back from these home grown terrorists, followed by dismal security situation and fleeing of investment.
I think you forget the 80's, when the CIA trained future Taliban fighters to fight the Soviets. They even financed bin Laden. Yes, the second generation has continued the work without CIA help, but don't think that Pakistan is at 100% fault for this.

US, UK and other western countries understand the economic situation and therefore they are giving economic aid, loans and other assistance.
A drop in the bucket. What we have lost in terms of human life and economic growth cannot be covered by the aid. If the West tried to cover the entire cost, they'll be dragging their economies down ever further then they are right now.

But they seem to be either pocketed by Pakistani elite or going to buy military toys.
Most people who blame the elite will gladly give their right hand to become one. Yes, a lot of the blame falls on the elite. But trying to generalize a whole class is like saying all Hindus love drinking cow piss. Its stupid, ignorant, and insulting.

As for the military toys, I always thought they were kind of needed to fight the militants. For those that end up pointing at India, India does the same. We have, however, moved troops from the eastern border to the tribal regions. Wonder what India has done.

The solutions should come form within Pakistan and not wait for some foreign messiah to rescue you.
Here we go. Finally, a point we can agree on. But remember, foreign powers helped create this mess. Its their fault as much as, if not more, then Pakistan's. However, if they don't help, that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue on our own. Its not like they're helping us much anyway.

As I see it, no solutions have come out of Pakistan so far either on terrorism or on development front. You have to blame your politicians and military for getting yourselves into this situation.
No solutions? Like I said earlier, I guess all those operation into the tribal regions don't count as much. And development problem? What do you mean, 'solution'? Every country can do something to help development with various policies. What 'solution' are you talking about? As for that matter, what problem are you talking about? The current 'problem' is directly related to the militancy problem. As soon as one problem is taken care of, the other will begin to help itself.

I guess all those operation into the tribal regions don't count.

I think you forget the 80's, when the CIA trained future Taliban fighters to fight the Soviets. They even financed bin Laden. Yes, the second generation has continued the work without CIA help, but don't think that Pakistan is at 100% fault for this.

It was too late. You allowed the terror groups to flourish till 2007 (almost 6 years after 9/11).

Of course, Pakistan is not 100% fault but nevertheless fault. The question is how hard Pakistan is working to overcome these faults.

A drop in the bucket. What we have lost in terms of human life and economic growth cannot be covered by the aid. If the West tried to cover the entire cost, they'll be dragging their economies down ever further then they are right now.

Most people who blame the elite will gladly give their right hand to become one. Yes, a lot of the blame falls on the elite. But trying to generalize a whole class is like saying all Hindus love drinking cow piss. Its stupid, ignorant, and insulting.

Pakistani Elite - Pakistani politicians, Pakistani generals and feudal lords. I hope you get the meaning.

As for the military toys, I always thought they were kind of needed to fight the militants. For those that end up pointing at India, India does the same. We have, however, moved troops from the eastern border to the tribal regions. Wonder what India has done.

Most of US AID has been used to buy weapons that can be used in conventional war (against India) rather than weapons to be used against guerrilla warfare.

Here we go. Finally, a point we can agree on. But remember, foreign powers helped create this mess. Its their fault as much as, if not more, then Pakistan's. However, if they don't help, that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue on our own. Its not like they're helping us much anyway.

Foreign powers are definitely helping within their means. No body will do an out-and-out rescue of Pakistan economically.

No solutions? Like I said earlier, I guess all those operation into the tribal regions don't count as much. And development problem? What do you mean, 'solution'? Every country can do something to help development with various policies. What 'solution' are you talking about? As for that matter, what problem are you talking about? The current 'problem' is directly related to the militancy problem. As soon as one problem is taken care of, the other will begin to help itself.

Solution is to wipe-out all kinds of terrorism instead of taking steps to wipe-out Pakistan specific terrorism. Pakistan thought, it could use Afghan Talibs to be used as strategic assets and sheltered them in Pakistan. They have radicalized the local Pakistanis and you see the blow-back from TTP and other assorted terror organizations. But it seems, Pakistan still wants use Afghan Taliban, LeT and others as strategic assets. And if you go by the history of TTP formation there will be blow back in the future if you hold on to these organizations. Don't complain if it blows back in the future.

If something originates in Pakistan.. Comes to UK and UK, due to its weak policies is not able to contain it, it does not absolve Pakistan from initiating the problem in the 1st place..

BBC NEWS | UK | 'Airlines terror plot' disrupted

Non Britsh Pakistani.....was a student of Abu Hamza

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Timeline: Lockerbie bombing

Lockerbie bombing....done by non Pakistan.

My point is Karan these are British Citizens...so if they are dangerous...then why does Britain not arrest them and work with the community to solve this problem....it has the money to do so. And furthermore the main leaders that are financing these groups are Arabs....so why does Britain not go to Egypt, Arabia or Yemen...and demand why it's members are casuing hatred in the UK. Simple fact is it is the fault of the goverement which has allowed this escalation to continue......Not Pakistan.

The fact that the British goveremnt is using weak policies..is the reason why we are gaining extremism in our country. So Pakistan is not to be blamed for that...because Britain is too inept to solve its own problem. However Pakistan does need to play a role as well...and in my opinion it is doing so....as it is successfully conducting operations in Swat, Bajaur and South Wazirisatan...and has provided a lot of key informations that have prevented many attacks. There has only been one bombing incident and that was in 2005......and they were Abu Hamza students......our fault for not reacting fast enough...its a simpel as that. And in my opinion you can't ask Pakistan to do any more than it already does.......it's resources are being concentrated on the war on terror......its using its Army to fight in the war on terror......It people are suffering in war of terror...so it is doing the best it can...with the amount of money it has at its disposal.

BBC NEWS | UK | 'Airlines terror plot' disrupted

Non Britsh Pakistani.....was a student of Abu Hamza

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Timeline: Lockerbie bombing

Lockerbie bombing....done by non Pakistan.

My point is Karan these are British Citizens...so if they are dangerous...then why does Britain not arrest them and work with the community to solve this problem....it has the money to do so. And furthermore the main leaders that are financing these groups are Arabs....so why does Britain not go to Egypt, Arabia or Yemen...and demand why it's members are casuing hatred in the UK. Simple fact is it is the fault of the goverement which has allowed this escalation to continue......Not Pakistan.

Simply because the your govt believes that 80% of terror plots against UK originate in Pakistan. Now neither me nor you are aware of the intelligence info that results in this belief, but thats what your govt's policies are based on.

Now assuming your govt's intelligence is correct, then just because UK is not able to contain an escalation does not absolve Pakistan for causing it in the 1st place. For example a thief can not blame the home owner of the house he stole from for having a faulty alarm system that couldnt prevent the heist. While having a bad alarm system resulted in the loss for the home owner, the thief if caught will not get any relief from the judicial system on this point.

Back
Top Bottom