What's new

Car bomb almost goes off in NYC

Here come some more problems for Pakistan. :pop:

Pakistan govt seriously need to hit the metal now.

these a$$ holes are putting decent pakistani in shame and awkward position.
Last night at my workplace we were talking about/sharing news of the particular bombing attack/attempt, my pakistani workmate who is from karachi(very decent person) logged in and other 'Aussie' friends started calling him p@k! terrorist(ofcourse with smiling face,but in offensive way) and poor pakistani guy had no choice but to smile at those guys and join the talk.

i think US is just making excuses its all a propoganda of plotting it themselves and blaming it to the pakistani first it was arabs then it was afghan now its pakistan. of course how hard it is to blame a pakistani american to plot this attack. another US conspiring effort just like 9/11

i think US is just making excuses its all a propoganda of plotting it themselves and blaming it to the pakistani first it was arabs then it was afghan now its pakistan. of course how hard it is to blame a pakistani american to plot this attack. another US conspiring effort just like 9/11

don't jump the guns. You have no proof, so refrain from saying anything.

Lets see what happens, who knows the guy might actually be a terrorist, which looks like to be the case. Its not the first time a pakistani guy has been arrested for terrorism.

Hi
Is it really certain that the suspected man is a Pakistani-American? if not then there was no need of posting this article here by lending a helping hand to western propaganda to malign Pakistan, the immediate effect of such actions may not be very obvious in the begging but in the long run it causes a lot of damage e.g mobilization of hatred towards one country without any strong evidence, i don't understand why some Pakistani's believe that by pretending to be miss good two shoes they will be able to impress others by their modesty :angry:, but what they fail to understand is we are in a war WOT & not to mention we have got no sympathies of any one what so ever, so instead of doing the job for them by spreading their fabricated news like a wild fire, we should try to contain such improbable beliefs as much as possible.

Hi
Is it really certain that the suspected man is a Pakistani-American? if not then there was no need of posting this article here by lending a helping hand to western propaganda to malign Pakistan, the immediate effect of such actions may not be very obvious in the begging but in the long run it causes a lot of damage e.g mobilization of hatred towards one country without any strong evidence, i don't understand why some Pakistani's believe that by pretending to be miss good two shoes they will be able to impress others by their modesty :angry:, but what they fail to understand is we are in a war WOT & not to mention we have got no sympathies of any one what so ever, so instead of doing the job for them by spreading their fabricated news like a wild fire, we should try to contain such improbable beliefs as much as possible.

your opinion is Appreciated my friend, but this is what the media has reported , It is not something we have created. Now it may be rite or wrong only Allah knows, but think , why would media write "Pakistani American " why not British Muslim or Indian Muslim , or a Jew.

What I think is we should come out of the denial state and really try and improve our system for the betterment of our country

Sorry If I have offended any one.

Cheers

H:pakistan:

a lot depends on the definition of innocent here...

I don't know what "innocent" means here but I do know that in certain countries it means pro-American, pro-Israeli and pro-Indian.

these a$$ holes are putting decent pakistani in shame and awkward position.
Last night at my workplace we were talking about/sharing news of the particular bombing attack/attempt, my pakistani workmate who is from karachi(very decent person) logged in and other 'Aussie' friends started calling him p@k! terrorist(ofcourse with smiling face,but in offensive way) and poor pakistani guy had no choice but to smile at those guys and join the talk.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

When I first read about this bomb blast attempt the first thing that jumped in my mind was that either an arab or most probably a Pakistani would be arrested for these attempted attacks and the same thing happened. I am sick of this terrorism syndrome.

:sick:
:angry:

That coward was arrested on his way back to Pakistan via Dubai. If he's found to be affiliated with the Pakistani Taliban I hope he gets one way ticket to Gitmo. These people need to be eradicated.

About 4 years ago a friend of mine was arrested along with his cousin and a friend for terrorism charges in Houston, dont know what happen to the cousin. He is still in jail some where, but my friend was finally released last month after a long time in jail with a oop's we cant prove any thing against you. Because there actually were no provable charges against him at the first place. So yes we are at the forefront of all the possible charges when it comes to terrorism, and yes the pigs like TTP dont make it any easier for us coming out and claiming every thing even the incidents like the Immigration center shooting. But the authorities have to be really careful with what they put in front of the people. Because due to the action of the few many suffer unjustly. Also another example that the US authorities can go by are the Oklahoma bombings, I remember that when that happen many Arabs got attacked, accused and what not. But at the end it was a handy work of a White man, a Christian. So a line has to be drawn, because Islam teaches us that the murderer of an innocent human being is not forgiven, and it is not allowed to attack innocent people of any religion. And that is the message that we have to get to the common people of the outside world, that the actions of these pigs are in no shape and form either justified, and also are not at all based on the teachings of Islam.

Good thing no one was hurt, I'm sure Pakistan will help however it can to prevent these things from happening. Has it been established that this was Taliban related or was it some nut with another agenda?

I was just reading the link to an article that some one had posted and this is what I noticed there:

Another possible motive being explored centres on the cartoon South Park, which outraged many Muslims after a recent episode depicted the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit. The Nissan was parked near the headquarters of Viacom, the owner of Comedy Central which is the channel that airs South Park.

The bomb was big but amateurish. Dozens of firecrackers appeared to be intended as a triggering mechanism to light two jugs of petrol, which in turn were meant to cause three tanks of propane, similar to that used in barbecues, to explode. Eight bags of fertiliser had also been placed inside a metal gun locker but the fertiliser was not the right type to cause explosions.

Pakistani man arrested for Times Square bomb - Times Online

The above shows that not only the guys didn't know what they were doing but also it could have been in retaliation to the first underlined paragraph that I posted. Now there is no justification to what these people were trying to do with this car. What ever is the reason, and I am not justifying their actions. If the above is true then firstly the TTP has nothing to do with it, nor does the whole terrorism thing. It is more like the incident when the Somali guy loaded with Axes walked into that cartoonists house to kill him. Just another theory that could be possible.

Pakistani in custody in New York car bomb attempt: Officials
AP, May 4, 2010, 10.29am IST

Article
Comments (43)

Tags:New York|Times Square bomb scare|Suspect arrested

NEW YORK: A suspect in last weekend's failed car bomb attack on Times Square was taken into custody late Monday while trying to leave the country, a law enforcement official said.

The suspect, a Pakistani, was identified at midnight Monday at John F Kennedy International Airport and was stopped, said the official, who spoke early Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

The suspect has not been named. He was being held in New York. Law enforcement officials say the suspect recently returned from a trip to Pakistan and bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder used in the failed car bomb three weeks ago and paid cash. The officials spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

The SUV was rigged with a crude propane-and-gasoline bomb. It had cheap-looking alarm clocks connected to a 16-ounce (454-gram) can filled with fireworks.

Police said the bomb could have produced "a significant fireball" and sprayed shrapnel with enough force to kill pedestrians and knock out windows.

The SUV was parked on a street lined with Broadway theaters and restaurants and full of people out on a Saturday night.

The SUV was captured on video crossing an intersection at 6:28 pm on Saturday. A vendor pointed out the Pathfinder to an officer about two minutes later. Times Square, clogged with tourists on a warm evening, was shut down for 10 hours.

Back
Top Bottom