What's new

Chabahar not a rival to Gwadar, Iranian envoy tells Pakistan

check again China is already laying a diffrent pipe line from oil fields of central asia and iran to China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asia–China_gas_pipeline :)

China is big country, Iran alone can not fulfill its need.. use your brain..

Respected Sir,

You are posting what we already know, this infrastructure is already developed by them and is available to Chinese .

Yeah 10,300KM? dont waste your and mine time..

Please post the Proposed map of Pakistan Chinese Rail Link and how it is connected to Chinese proposed Silk Route

@Muhammad Omar Bhai plz provide official rail link map.. there are many on google.

now you siad it ;)

that was what i was trying to explain you China has many trade and oil corridoars there is even talk of a chinese train corridoar to india waia nepal but thats a dirrent topic point is Chahbahar is not a rival to chinese interests and CEPC in pertikular + chinese are already trying to make a deal with iran to join chahbahar port also and then link chahbahar to gawadar wia train and road link so world is no longer going to be devided on political issues and trade and commerce gonna unite the intersts or iran-India-China-Afghanistan-Central Asian states and russia and even now despite all reservations we are doing 50+ bilion dollar trade with china per annum ... try thinking about that from that point of view

Yeah 10,300KM? dont waste your and mine time..

@Muhammad Omar Bhai plz provide official rail link map.. there are many on google.

Will this be useful?? i currently have this

13100684_855914614536238_6229994588818584227_n.png

+ chinese are already trying to make a deal with iran to join chahbahar port also and then link chahbahar to gawadar

Pakistan and Iran are in talks to link Gwadar and Chahbahar not Chinese....

and where did i said that China will alone build Gawadar corridor? it was your fellow countrymen who was trying to feed us that Iranian rail link (10,300KM) is more suitable then CPEC for Chinese ME and Africa bound trade..

Will this be useful?? i currently have this

View attachment 307257

@Laozi

Last edited:
Readers are requested to appreciate that Gwadar and Chabahar are two different entities and to a very great extent have a different role to play.

Gwadar will mainly be used for 200,000 to 300,000 Ton Tankers as well as Very Large LNG Carriers to ferry Oil and Natural Gas from various Origins to Gwadar and then transferred to China by Rail or Pipeline.

Chabahar is a small port. It will use maximum 25,000 to 40,000 Ton Ships to carry General Goods - Manufactured etc. - to Iran, Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics.

Thus the functions of Gwadar and Chabahar are different and non-competitive. As such people should stop glorifying one and ridiculing the other. Of course I appreciate that Chabahar - I think it will either be Bandar Abbas or one of the Big Iranian Ports in the Western Persian Gulf, will be used for the North-South Corridor for Trade between India and Europe including Russia and other East European Countries.

So both sides should hold their ammunition and fight a different war.

@Max

This kind of Map will be helpful to understand the grand designs of Chinese Future plans for Gwadar and Chabahar
upload_2016-5-27_20-13-36.png

THE 10,500km (6,500 mile) journey from Yiwu City in eastern China through Kazakhstan, Kyrghyzstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan was sluggish. But when the first Chinese train pulled into Tehran station after a 14-day haul, Iranian officials hailed a great leap forward. “We’re becoming the global hub between east and west,” boasted one minister. By April, when the new trans-Kazakh railway opens fully, executives in Iran hope to have cut the journey time to China (see map) to just eight days—a month less than the sea route takes. Should Turkey get on board, the line might even challenge the Suez Canal as a primary Chinese and Iranian route to Europe. Iranian companies will no longer be limited to an 80m-strong local market, President Hassan Rohani’s advisers promise, but will be connected to the European Union’s 500m.

Readers are requested to appreciate that Gwadar and Chabahar are two different entities and to a very great extent have a different role to play.

Gwadar will mainly be used for 200,000 to 300,000 Ton Tankers as well as Very Large LNG Carriers to ferry Oil and Natural Gas from various Origins to Gwadar and then transferred to China by Rail or Pipeline.

Chabahar is a small port. It will use maximum 25,000 to 40,000 Ton Ships to carry General Goods - Manufactured etc. - to Iran, Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics.

Thus the functions of Gwadar and Chabahar are different and non-competitive. As such people should stop glorifying one and ridiculing the other. Of course I appreciate that Chabahar - I think it will either be Bandar Abbas or one of the Big Iranian Ports in the Western Persian Gulf, will be used for the North-South Corridor for Trade between India and Europe including Russia and other East European Countries.

So both sides should hold their ammunition and fight a different war.

Also Add Gwadar is a Deep Sea Port while Chabahar is not

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves here. Over and beyond the hype, Chabahar, for India, was a master stroke in that it prevents Pakistan from cutting off India, Afghanistan and central Asia. That plan of Pakistan can now reside in the dustbin. Chabahar for India is now already successful as far as it's main objective is concerned but for me, it's grand purpose should also be trade and hopefully we can capture large shares in the connecting markets.

CPEC on that other hand completely relies to a large extent on China. Yes, it has interconnected Pakistani cities, and roads always bring business but how Pakistan leverages this network for it's own remains to be seen and there has been no evidence of such in terms of plans and actions other than power generation. The only news we read is how this will be a game changer because of Chinese goods.

The only way both will be a huge success is if both countries think how the respective networks can help their own trade. I wish both countries can leverage this network and are inspired to grow their economies and talk less how about how one is out doing the other.

People do not understand Iran's tilt towards India but when the time was right to step on American toes and develop relations with Iran despite the sanctions to escape the hold of America we refused the option. India at the time bought oil from Iran. So we were the ones who missed a great opportunity. As a Pakistani the chahbahar project handed to India even worries a Iran sympathizer like me but we have to keep things in perpective. US destroyed an entire plane full of Iranians and we are the same countries satellite state. That is bound to create some ripples in the relationship.

Pakistan should quickly reach out to Iran and allay their concerns. Talks are very important for relations and we should always keep talking.
I beg to differ, If we carefully scrutinise Pak-Iran relations post 1979 revloution, though what you said is true but Iran has already been doing things which are pretty hostile. Like KSA, Iran has also been promoting sectarian violence in Pakistan. Furthermore, Uzair Baloch has been working for Iranian intelligence and have even been granted their citizenship. He has been active in heinous activities. Baloch insurgencey, Afghan issue and many other issues where Pakistan and Iran have well documented differences. Paksitan has kept itself neutral in current middle east crisis (i.e.vis-a-vis Syria and Yemen) and antagonised our old friends KSA and UAE...I think, Iran should have appreciated that since it was not an easy stance for Pakistan to adopt especially with so much dependence on KSA. And the latest being the operation of RAW agents from Iranian land...Kul Bashan Yadev. Iran needs to explain quite a lot to Pakistan and the reverse is not true.

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves here. Over and beyond the hype, Chabahar, for India, was a master stroke in that it prevents Pakistan from cutting off India, Afghanistan and central Asia. That plan of Pakistan can now reside in the dustbin. Chabahar for India is now already successful as far as it's main objective is concerned but for me, it's grand purpose should also be trade and hopefully we can capture large shares in the connecting markets.

CPEC on that other hand completely relies to a large extent on China. Yes, it has interconnected Pakistani cities, and roads always bring business but how Pakistan leverages this network for it's own remains to be seen and there has been no evidence of such in terms of plans and actions other than power generation. The only news we read is how this will be a game changer because of Chinese goods.

The only way both will be a huge success is if both countries think how the respective networks can help their own trade. I wish both countries can leverage this network and are inspired to grow their economies and talk less how about how one is out doing the other.

you Missed the 29 economic Zones (Industrial Zones) in CPEC ... :P

Muhammad Omar : Wow! Do you mean that it is extremely costly to send Oil via Gwadar as compared to shipping directly to Chinese Eastern Seaboard Ports?

The only purpose of that pic was the planned route Chabahar to China and Gwadar to China ignore the figures it's BS i know

Rather than jumping into conclusions and making it a this v/s that. We need to understand that Chabahar port is not a counter to Gwadar and the Irani is right.

Its just an attempt to reach out to CAC and Afghanistan.

If Pakistanis are suspicious of what Chabahar will yeild for them in future then its their worry. But as of today its a non starter.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom