What's new

Chabahar vs Gwadar

Bozorg Shaitan has given you this tiny little bity leverage and this is your language and tone? What you will do when the Bozorg Shaitan will accept you as partner as at one point of time you were? Iranians are French of Asia, full of arrogance and bloated ego. We have many Iranian students here and unequivocally almost all of them are way too proud of 'something' that they are not, not even remotely. Most of them have issues with their supervisors and are not at all liked here. Many had to leave without their PhDs mainly because of their attitude problem. Your tone is reminding of one of my Iranian graduate student who I had to kick out from my lab exactly for the same attitude issues. Contrary to that, Arabs are liked here for their humbleness and lively attitude. So this is where my friend you Iranians are standing, disliked because of your attitude problem, and your post is exactly a reflection of your general national attitude.

Is that the only thing you could come up with? It seems the truth sounded harsh to you. Ignore the tone, which part of my post wasn't exactly the truth? Nice tactic indeed.

I only added one word: Overland route in first Karachi to Shanghai equation as you were getting confused by two calculations, one directly via sea, another via Karachi and land route thereafter.

Overl;and route is for Karachi to Kashghar. I added sea transit time from Dubai toi Karachi to land trasit time from Karachi to Kashghar.

Let me repeat again - How could it be ascertained that a ship would take 15 days to reach Dubai from Shanghai when your own provided link says ship takes 14 days from China, not specifically from Shanghai, to reach to Karachi given a ship from Karachi to Dubai takes 5 days? Isn't it contradictory?

From Karachi to Dubai 5 days
From Shanghai to Karachi 14 days
From Shanghai to Dubai 15 days

Hell hows it possible for a ship bound to Dubai to reach Dubai in 15 days?

Pathetic counterpoise devoid of any substance. No one (including Chinese) ,except morons like you, are cumming in their panties about Gwadar. And that $50 billion (if they ever come) is loan for plethora of activities,including a gas pipeline to Sindh, not just corridor.

And Geography fail, There is no road in Wakhan corridor.

Wakhan Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cumming in Panties ? Seriously ? Baby are you on periods ?

You are one of the dumbest turds on the forum . Showing your stupidity again and again!

The investment is not a loan .. And the Pak-China economic corridor has nothing to do with pipeline to Sindh ..

As for Tajikistan .. Why don't you scroll back to the previous page ..

And get a few tampons.. Bloody idiot.

Let me repeat again - How could it be ascertained that a ship would take 15 days to reach Dubai from Shanghai when your own provided link says ship takes 14 days from China, not specifically from Shanghai, to reach to Karachi given a ship from Karachi to Dubai takes 5 days? Isn't it contradictory?

She's on her periods don't be rough on her ..:lol:

Tajik envoy announces completion of Pakistan-Tajikistan road link | Pakistan Today (Rail link also planned-- we are already facilitating their oil imports).

Last edited:
I have spoken to some of my closets friends from China and they have advocated the idea that the CCP government wants to move its industrial and manufacturing sector to central and western provinces of China, because the eastern coast is heavily populated and its not competitive enough due to rising living standards, in the forth coming next decades. In addition a vast amount of mineral resources is located in the western side of China, which is untapped because the level of infrastructure and skilled workers is limited. More importantly historically civil discontent and the uprising of the peasants against Chinese emperors has predominantly occurred in central China, where poverty led to the collapse of most dynasties. The CCP government wants political stability in the long term. Henceforth Pakistan will benefit in the long term because a significant amount of Chinese exports will go through Gwadar, however this will be a gradual process. Shanghai is a financial hub that will combine its stock exchange with Hong Kong in the near future, therefore a restructuring process is transpiring. 50 billion dollars is the first phase of investment and this will increase in the future. Pakistanis should be patient and not expect things to change dramatically within a decade, because this whole project is for the long term. I have worked previously for the Agricultural Bank of China and so I understand how China wants to transform its economy and what the government wants to achieve.

In a same manner we also want to cut the load from Karachi to Gwader. Karachi being financial hub of the country but at the same time over populated and politically unrest does effect our day to day business. Gwader won't be a port only it will be developed as a whole new city and to start with it needs its port to start functioning.

Last edited:

This guy/lady has no idea what he or she trying to put up.

Truck are driven only for 12 hours and then rest for another 12 hours. Truck owners are stupid to appoint 2 or more than 2 drivers to a truck. More interestingly parashible items traders have no problem if a truck deliver the consignment in a week time! Hahahhahaah

Let me repeat again - How could it be ascertained that a ship would take 15 days to reach Dubai from Shanghai when your own provided link says ship takes 14 days from China, not specifically from Shanghai, to reach to Karachi given a ship from Karachi to Dubai takes 5 days.

I think you misunderstood that whole post.

To reach from Dubai to Shanghai there are two routes

1. Dubai to Shanghai direct via sea.

Here time taken is 15 days.

Calculating Container Shipping Time - Design, China Manufacture, Promotional Products.

2.Second route is from Dubai-Karachi/Gwadar-Kashghar-Shanghai.

This route has two or three component. (i) Dubai to Karachi via sea which take 5 days BusinessDubai.com - Bizneeds (ii) Karachi to Shanghai via road which take 11 days. Thus total of 16 days.

This is minimum time possible with Trucks running in 24 Hr shift and zero time being wasted on customs and loading/unloading.

Second calculation assume Trucks running for 12 Hours daily with 6 days it take for an import to clear Karachi port.

Import Clearance Procedure -- Mehran Corporation Karachi Pakistan

Read this post again.

You can always bank upon a Pakistani to make stupid assertion without doing even a basic google search.

Let's calculate time. In order to give you a leeway, I am expecting that a Truck would not stop anywhere (No rest for drivers, no checkpoints, no fuel or repair break) and assume that a Truck runs 24 Hours at 30Kmph, and I am neglecting time it would be needed to transfer goods in Gwadar.

Time required for Travel = 262 Hours = 11 Days.

Time required for transport of a container from Dubai to Karachi = 5 days

BusinessDubai.com - Bizneeds

Total time required for overland transport when your drivers and port handlers are superman = 16 days.

Time required to transport a container from Dubai to Shanghai via sea = 15 Days.

Calculating Container Shipping Time - Design, China Manufacture, Promotional Products.

This was an outlier calculation.

Let's be realistic.

Assume that a driver drives for 12 hour per day, it would take and on average take a day extra to go through customs and refuelling stop.

It would take him 91.57 hours to reach Kashghar, which would be equal to 7.7 days or 8.7 days taking pit stops into account.

Let's assume that it takes only a day to transfer cargo from a Pakistani to a Chinese truck. The time spent before that Truck moves towards CHina is 9.7 Hours.

That Truck would take 170 Hours to reach SHanghai from Kashghar. ie 14 days of driving and assuming two days for pit stops, 16 days.

Now we assume that Gwadar system is as efficient as that of Karachi, it would take 6 days to clear import formalities.

Import Clearance Procedure -- Mehran Corporation Karachi Pakistan

Thus the total time it would need to transport goods from Dubai to Shanghai via Gwadar would be 37 days compared to 15 days it would take to reach Dubai from Shanghai via Malacca.

Even reaching border of China-Pakistan would take more time (21 days vs 15 days) than transporting a container from Dubai to remotest part of Chinese seaboard.

This guy/lady has no idea what he or she trying to put up.

Truck are driven only for 12 hours and then rest for another 12 hours. Truck owners are stupid to appoint 2 or more than 2 drivers to a truck. More interestingly parashible items traders have no problem if a truck deliver the consignment in a week time! Hahahhahaah

Lol .. Apart from that he doesn't even know about the infrastructure in place like motorways,expanding of KKH,rail link from Gwadar to kashgar or even the optic fiber link.. Among other stuff.

Lol .. Apart from that he doesn't even know about the infrastructure in place like motorways,expanding of KKH,rail link from Gwadar to kashgar or even the optic fiber link.. Among other stuff.

And according to him everything which is exported from China originates from Shanghai and everything which is imported to China is imported for Shanghai. Rest of China for him doesn't exist, central provinces which are doing great are of no importance for him.

Guys what about the railway track for freight trains which will take the goods in and out from Xianjiang to Gwader and vice versa in probably 2-3 days ?

She's on her periods don't be rough on her ..:lol:

Tajik envoy announces completion of Pakistan-Tajikistan road link | Pakistan Today (Rail link also planned-- we are already facilitating their oil imports).

I think menopausal auntie does not know that Pakistan-Tajikistan Road link passes through Dorah Pass, and is part of Afghanistan proper, not Wakhan corridor.

Mountain_passes_of_Afghanistan2.png

To pass through Wakhan corridor, you have to take Broghal pass.​

In a same manner we also want to cut the load from Karachi to Gwader. Karachi being financial hub of the country but at the same time over populated and politically unrest does effect our day to day business. Gwader won't a port only it will be developed as a whole new city and to start with it needs its port to start functioning.

When the industrial and manufacturing sector shifts to the central and western regions of China, a number of SEOs and private institutions will invest into Pakistan and collaborate with local enterprises to secure there future market. For example a chain system of cold storage units does not exist in Pakistan at an adequate level, therefore obviously the Chinese will develop this in the near future to secure and protect there goods. This in turn will drastically help local businesses in Pakistan. Your analogy of Karachi to Gwadar is correct in reference to China. We must develop Baluchistan and Gwadar will be the starting point.

And according to him everything which is exported from China originates from Shanghai and everything which is imported to China is imported for Shanghai. Rest of China for him doesn't exist, central provinces which are doing great are of no importance for him.

Actually that is true. Everything of value in China is on its Eastern Seaboard. You could take any other city than Shanghai, result would be same with minor difference.

Here is night map of China.

satellite-151403_copy1.jpg

Anonymous statement and map provides evidence in why my analysis was correct.....thank you:)

Actually that is true. Everything of value in China is on its Eastern Seaboard. You could take any other city than Shanghai, result would be same with minor difference.

Here is night map of China.

satellite-151403_copy1.jpg

Good that you realized this yourself otherwise it would have been a nightmare to convince you that main purpose of CPEC is to develop western China.

Back
Top Bottom