What's new

Chandrayaan-3 Mission Successfully Landed!!!

Not a single statement in your entire post details anything about what india is doing wrong or what india should be doing. Its just a rant about India this that.

And @SoulSpokesman has already drawn parallels to Indias situation now vs chinas situation a few decades ago but according to you its ok for China to have stuck with the path and not Ok for India. Sour grapes? And a UAE vlogger is now the final word on India's future road map? This vlogger is the representative of the whole world?

Yes I did explain. The UAE vlogger was exaggerating but essentially he is right and he is not alone. Not that it matters if he's not alone. But essentially a country that has the most poverty in the world does not gain respect by publicity stunts.

Last edited:
@ThunderCat Whatever dude. We are not eliminating poverty, and we are doing space missions.

B6A1PCfCQAExCR4.jpg

My opinion or anyone else's opinion would only "count" if it praised this publicity stunt or envied it. But since I wrote no thanks, you lot got offended.

My guess is after the media hype dies down, rational questions will keep coming up. I might be wrong in this prediction, but who knows.
Bruh who said we are offended, most people replied to you with apathy and tried to explain things. Media hype die down, and we will keep doing our space missions, Media hype lasts only once. We send tens of hundreds of satellites to space, it was great news at first, but then we did it again and it became a common thing. Maybe we will conduct moon missions, space walk missions, I don't know Mars rover missions. We may still have poor people, but that's not going to stop us from doing more and more such missions.

You don't understand, it's about perception and making a name for yourself. In this world perception matters a lot. We want investments, we want new technologies and what better way to project yourselves as the next big thing? :D
The rest of the points have already been explained. You can repeat "But what about poverty?" nobody is going to feel anything at all, we have been hearing about this "But what about poverty thing" for ages, and people started laughing and mocking them away. You can't take away the light of our success with these cheap arguments. You are welcome to try but it will make us even more prouder.

Not doing what China did, but rather doing the opposite. Right now you folks have more poverty in Africa and should be investing in sustainability.

You tried & failed. Pakistan tried & failed.
Pakistan's advantage is it hasn't reached India and Bangladesh's density- yet.

Strawman argument. The Chinese have become way less poor. Their poverty is incomparable to India's. They have much more sustainable infrastructure, much better healthcare, education, gender-equality.

India surpasses all of SS Africa in poverty. No comparison here. The Chinese find it offensive to be compared to such a country.

When even countries like Brazil, Japan, South Korea, France, United Kingdom, Nederlands, Nordic countries have not bothered with such projects, the world's poorest country is pulling off publicity stunts.

Will this distract people from the ground realities? I remember a UAE vlogger on YouTube saying "your people are more than 95% in poverty (exaggeration) and you're sending pizza boxes to the moon."

That is the common norm for foreigners to react to these publicity stunts.

When China started its Lunar Mission in 2004, Chinese economy size was about $1.6 trillion and they launched their first Lunar Mission in 2007 at that time their economy $3.4 trillion and now India is also have economy of $3.7 trillion and we are growing at 6% annually and it’s the right time to enlarge our areas of interest to develop and uplift ourself, we might have lot of short-comings, but it’s the right time to provide opportunities to skilled & high skilled peoples and train them in different areas of R&D and explorations. Which country other than China we can follow in this regard ? China did it in 2004 and we are following it and catching up with the world order.

If you are comparing us with Africa then where should we compare Pakistan ? Sudan or Cango ? You guys always claim that Korea copied Pakistan’s growth plan. Pakistan situation is like “Tum kahan pahunche gaye hum kahan reh gaye” can you tell me where have you reached ?

You might be have the advantage of lesser population density than neighbouring countries but problem is even with low population density Pakistan already struggling to feed them all and without long term a birth control measures do you think Pakistan will able to contain its population growth in future ?

Are you suggesting that we should start “Great Leap Forward” to eradicate poverty ?

You think, if we do a scientific research and development and if nobody does and we do it then is it a publicity stunt ? is that rule applies to India only or to Pakistan also ?

If a blogger siting in UAE claims "your people are more than 95% in poverty (exaggeration) and you're sending pizza boxes to the moon" why don’t same person is asking his government to stop giving freebees to GoP and funding military programmes by depositing UAE blogger hard earned money, instead of crying on other countries tax payers money?

My opinion or anyone else's opinion would only "count" if it praised this publicity stunt or envied it. But since I wrote no thanks, you lot got offended.

My guess is after the media hype dies down, rational questions will keep coming up. I might be wrong in this prediction, but who knows.

You are a just a troll, who can't even announce his beloved country or state his place of living what sort of life you are having ? you just wanted to attract attention and publicity, nothing else.

I mean going by his last two posts in this thread nothing he wrote makes sense, it goes against logic and he hasnt given any reasonable explanation
He has no idea of what he wants say. In this day and age, if a person says that space tech and STEM is not important for growth, then, he is nothing more than a dumba##.

He belongs to, earth is flat and Earth is the centre of the universe, type of education. No one can uplift him since he has learnt it all, while sitting on a mat and shaking to and fro.

See the way he has engaged so many people single handedly. He epitomises the quote "Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Last edited:
He has no idea of what he wants say. In this day and age, if a person says that space tech and STEM is not important for growth, then, he is nothing more than a dumba##.

He belongs to, earth is flat and Earth is the centre of the universe, type of education. No one can uplift him since he has learnt it all, while sitting on a mat and shaking to and fro.

See the way he has engaged so many people single handedly. He epitomises the quote "Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Yep, so many posts from him and nothing substantive in them. He thinks he is writing from an objective point of view and that his posts contain some information but they dont, he is writing from a feelings point of view, these posts are more a representation of his feelings.

Which is why India can never compared to China. It's like comparing Africa and Europe.

China achieved sustainability India is going the other way with poverty and misery only worsening. Artificially eliminating poverty by circulating money is not the answer.

Any economic fluctuation will have devastating consequences. Not to mention industrial waste/pollution.

Likewise for Pakistan. Gwadar and CPEC are not the answer. They will have bad ecological consequences and contribute further to destruction in our country.

You'd also need lots of resources to start a capital and circulate money. More exploitation more shortages. It is a doomsday in the making.

Not sustainable. All those suggested moon mining programs will also cost way more than this moon launch project. It's an investment into further loss.

Just because resources at home are running out, exploiting it from elsewhere is not the solution. Infinite growth cannot continue.

Just like CPEC, Gawadar etc. It's prolonging the problem of growth by circulating money and exploiting resources to get that money and to keep circulating it.
I will agree that, just one avenue cannot help in moving forward. However Space endeavor is just one of many India is following, to see that we move ahead.

If you notice GOI is trying hard to get investments in multiple fields from overseas, and is now taking up manufacturing seriously. We are late yes but one has to start somewhere.

You will also have to agree that, India has structural issues given we are democracy (one can argue how much it is, depending on their perspective of course. However it is one system wise) which means any policy reform needs consensus on voting. Just to bring a uniform Tax like GST, it took a new Govt and five years lost.

It will take time but I have hope that, we will achieve development at least by next generation. Education is rising on general level along with awareness. Its a long road though

I will agree that, just one avenue cannot help in moving forward. However Space endeavor is just one of many India is following, to see that we move ahead.

If you notice GOI is trying hard to get investments in multiple fields from overseas, and is now taking up manufacturing seriously. We are late yes but one has to start somewhere.

You will also have to agree that, India has structural issues given we are democracy (one can argue how much it is, depending on their perspective of course. However it is one system wise) which means any policy reform needs consensus on voting. Just to bring a uniform Tax like GST, it took a new Govt and five years lost.

It will take time but I have hope that, we will achieve development at least by next generation. Education is rising on general level along with awareness. Its a long road though

Partly agreed.

You are a just a troll, who can't even announce his beloved country or state his place of living what sort of life you are having ? you just wanted to attract attention and publicity, nothing else.

Humerous Ad hominem. Soembody already seems butt-hurt. :cry:

Humerous Ad hominem. Soembody already seems butt-hurt. :cry:

It was you brother counted it as "publicity stunt" and when I replied to you same line you got offended, I think I have touched someone’s funny bone :-).

Science is another name for “Dream” and Science projects are done for learning, exploring, evolving and moving forward not for blaming. Every country irrespective of their economic condition has the right but must explore the new areas of life. Space is so big that even if every country in the world start exploring it will not cover even 1% of space.

I have seen how Mangalyaan & Chandrayan programme has encouraged lacs of people to join IIT’s and Research on different fields of Science and Technology, will not they get educated ? will not this eradicate poverty ? uplift poor ? create jobs ? develop new technologies ? I may not able to join that line but I am one of such dreamer who thinks & encourages my next generation to take that line and I also felt very sad after seeing members in PDF discussing about “Is SUPARCO REALLY a failure?” – its really a shame

Here was an example of what I was referring to. A German cartoon stating it all:

german_cartoon_india_population_1682352102488_1682352135709.jpg

nach na jaane aangan tedha 8-)

I believe slowly West will learn from its mistakes

Back
Top Bottom