What's new

Charlie Hebdo’s new edition to have Muhammad cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DV RULES

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There will “obviously” be Muhammad cartoons in the next edition of Charlie Hebdo, the magazine’s lawyer has announced.

“We will not give up, otherwise all of this will not have any sense,” Charlie Hebdo’s lawyer, Richard Malka, said in an interview to France Info radio. “The spirit of Charlie is the right to blasphemy," he added.

One of Charlie Hebdo’s cartoonists, Luz, gave an assurance that those who survived the tragedy were busy working on a new edition.

"We are okay, we get by,” Luz told another radio channel, France Inter.

“Nightmares are fading away and we are preoccupied with making a magazine."

The new edition of Charlie Hebdo is due to be released on Wednesday and the print run will be a million, instead of the usual 60,000.

"The sign ‘Je suis Charlie’ means you have the right to criticize my religion, because it does not matter,” Malka said. “No one has the right to criticize a Jew because he is a Jew, a Muslim because he is a Muslim, a Christian because he is a Christian. But you can say anything you want, including the worst things, and we do say them about Christianity, Judaism and Islam, because beyond all of the beautiful slogans, that's the reality of Charlie Hebdo."

The magazine is appealing for donations to help it carry on. “Charlie Hebdo needs you to survive,” its website says.

And considerable resources have already been collected.

A million Euros has been donated by the French government to keep the magazine going, Le Figaro reported. 250,000 Euros has been provided by the French Fund for Digital Innovation and another 250,000 Euros are coming from French publishers. The Guardian Media Group has pledged £100,000 (128,000 Euros) in support.

​Charlie Hebdo’s new edition to have Muhammad cartoons — RT News

"The sign ‘Je suis Charlie’ means you have the right to criticize my religion, because it does not matter,” Malka said. “No one has the right to criticize a Jew because he is a Jew, a Muslim because he is a Muslim, a Christian because he is a Christian. But you can say anything you want, including the worst things, and we do say them about Christianity, Judaism and Islam, because beyond all of the beautiful slogans, that's the reality of Charlie Hebdo."

Well said Sir!! We should take the religions lightly!!! They are causing a great deal of problems in our life.

cartoonist.jpg

@illusion said it all.

The extremists you compare them to killed humanity 12 times over according to your own book, and you seem to see no difference.
Yea both of them are to be condemned.

There is a bigger issue to worry about - extremists hurting the sentiments of the remaining 6 billion.
Yea so its an undeclared war against every Muslim. I wonder why these world leaders sugar coat it by saying terrorism has nothing to do with Muslims. When they clearly think of every Muslim as a terrorist.

I knew this was coming. By killing cartoonists the terrorists cannot cower others into submitting to their views. The world cannot let terrorists win.

The extremists killed thinking they'll cow down the magazine- I can see how much the magazine is 'quivering' because of such threats.

If they do so then they should be ready for consequences to dealt with. They cannot do anything in the name of freedom of speech. Next target will be terry jones i believe. :-D :-D that pussy priest :-D

Are you from Al Queida? How do you know that next target is terry jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom