What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I think he was referring to F-2 aka Jap Falcon

i think it should be considered a different aircraft considering that its inspired from f-16 but still has different avionics package, size, RCS, aerodynamics, payload ,different thrust to weight ratio etc etc

like a 25% larger wing area
composite materials used to reduce overall weight and radar signature
longer and wider nose to accommodate a phased-array radar
larger tailplane
larger air intake
capabilities for four ASM-1 or ASM-2 anti-ship missiles, four AAMs, and additional fuel tanks

New J-10B with Russia AL-31F jet engine, not China WS-10. WTF?! still back to old time, hard to export J-10B to foreign weapon market by using Russia jet engine. BIG PROBLEM !!!

AL-31F or WS-10 jet engine, to decide J-10B's future.

Dont Worry Dude, China will export J-10Bs to Pakistan with WS-10 Engines.
Maybe these Engines are only used in prototypes not in any Production batch.

8301153030_a4c2efc611_b.jpg

8301153098_e4f93dcdfd_b.jpg

I am torn between JFT and J10. My heart tells me that it would be best to have a more powerful engine to JFT with 2 additional hard points and an AESA radar in at least 50 fighters and that would be our hi of the HI-Lo combo. We can then progress on to J31 around 2020.This would be a more economical way of dealing with our fighter gap. However my mind tells me that the variation and the slightly bigger radar with a larger range would be a much better option .
However the debate goes on.
Araz

I am torn between JFT and J10. My heart tells me that it would be best to have a more powerful engine to JFT with 2 additional hard points and an AESA radar in at least 50 fighters and that would be our hi of the HI-Lo combo. We can then progress on to J31 around 2020.This would be a more economical way of dealing with our fighter gap. However my mind tells me that the variation and the slightly bigger radar with a larger range would be a much better option .
However the debate goes on.
Araz

J10 is not necessary , The avionics found in j10A are same for jfthunder the difference is range and power. This explains that the upgrade package j10b can mostly be implemented on jft.

J-10B is a beautiful single engine jet, China version of F-16 jet. In the J-10B platform, will appear J-10C,J-10Detc updated multi-role fighter.

Future J-10B will become the main export jet of China weapons into the international weapon market.:flame:

J10 is not necessary , The avionics found in j10A are same for jfthunder the difference is range and power. This explains that the upgrade package j10b can mostly be implemented on jft.

U yourself have mentioned in ur post why the need of j10's is a "serious must to have" now for the PAF. The thing with jf17 is that, no matter what upgrades be thrown at it, it would still remain to be a light weight cost effective platform yes it can still accel in many areas but where it will not, we will need to add something which does, and this is where the J10's will come into the game handy as potent oppressors!

U yourself have mentioned in ur post why the need of j10's is a "serious must to have" now for the PAF. The thing with jf17 is that, no matter what upgrades be thrown at it, it would still remain to be a light weight cost effective platform yes it can still accel in many areas but where it will not, we will need to add something which does, and this is where the J10's will come into the game handy as potent oppressors!

Hi, moreover the IAF just signed a deal for 42 more SU-30MKIs, which will put their grand total at 272 Su-30MKIs, not to mention their upgraded MiG-29s, LCAs, and Mirage-2000s. The PAF will get overrun in a few hours facing those numbers, even with JF-17s and 40 J-10Bs (if they can ever afford them). This is sad, really sad, the state of Pakistan's economy, that they cannot even invest in their first line of defense.

Hi, moreover the IAF just signed a deal for 42 more SU-30MKIs, which will put their grand total at 272 Su-30MKIs, not to mention their upgraded MiG-29s, LCAs, and Mirage-2000s. The PAF will get overrun in a few hours facing those numbers, even with JF-17s and 40 J-10Bs (if they can ever afford them). This is sad, really sad, the state of Pakistan's economy, that they cannot even invest in their first line of defense.

HI MAY PEACE OF ALLAH BE UPON YOU FRIEND

Yes it makes me sad also to see how much we are struggling to even just replace the old F7'S AND MIRAGES. I have seen people talk about how we are leaping two steps ahead with the induction of JF 17's but what bothers me is that even though it is ryt that we are moving ahead, may be two steps or even three steps altogether but the problem i see is that our Rival is moving three-4 times ahead of us with the ever increasing numbers of MKI'S and Rafale's in large numbers to be inducted soon aswell, it really is a tough time to with stand and put a deterrant force in contrast with our rivals who are not increasing in quantity only but in quality as well.

1)The possible solution i see here is to keep updating JF17's To their far far limits...as much as we can...
2)Induct a a few sqd. of advanced J10's say 2-6 and keep them under Evaluation with new updated comparitive technologies as well ( if we can)
3) Ultimately Work on a stealth fighter with the collabration of Chinese, and make an ULTIMATE ALL ROUNDER UPGRADABLE performing fighter that can remain with us for thirty to fourty years excelling and achieving and exceeding every single parameter that is calculated for a fighter aircraft: Range, Payload, Avionics, Maintainability, TWR ratio, Multirole weaponry, Stealth, Cruise. (This is just my wish cause i know with the current economic and internal conditions even the second point seems to look

unobtainable, let alone the third one for a stealth

But never the less, though i may am sad too but I am still not hopeless... : )

Its ok brother man have some faith, Numbers are not the entire story. Remember in '65, we handed their *** to them. A highly motivated and trained guy with a stick trumps the other jack *** with the sword all the time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom