What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Sorry, but your whole post about NATO/ASCC names is irrelevant and - besides that I'm not interested in this stuff - far away from my statement you disagreed. I never mentioned these reporting names and indeed they are a political issue. My only point is, you contradicted to the J-10CY designation and - at least I read it that way - assumed they would be J-10D, what they are in fact not.

Quite the contrary. You missed my whole point even though you claimed you understood it despite not agreeing with it. Whether CAC or PLAAF is besides the point, I was referring to an actual NAME of an aircraft and used the Russian ones as an example(s). Many examples as a matter of fact and since Russia has been the US' and NATO's greatest threat and foe, it's slowly but SURELY being replaced by China and it's only a matter of time before they start designating their own silly codenames for Chinese aircraft. When a J-16 is intercepting a Poseidon and coming within 10ft (like the US claimed), it won't be long before they call it the "J-loong" or something along those lines, just like they did with the Russians who finally smarted up and named their latest creation the Checkmate because now that forces any enemy of Russia to use it by its own name and not some made up piece of rubbish that could even be perceived ON PURPOSE as an insult such as the Felon. You see my point?

Or was it that my point expanded on yours regarding the designations of just J-10D then J-10CY similar to the former J-10AY flown by the "Ba Yi and like I mentioned the same thing was discussed regarding the J-20, so there is a correlation. My only hope is the US & NATO don't start pulling off their purposeful shenanigans even insults on Chinese aircraft.

Pardon, but I still don't get your intention and as such you looooong post? :fie:

You started this all with a reply to my post: "From my understanding there is still no J-10D and these are called J-10CY similar to the former J-10AY flown by the "Ba Yi"!" and lectured something like "And why do you suppose they're labeling them that way?"

The answer is plain and simple, WE KNOW it: Just look at the construction number of known J-10-variants and you know how CAC and the PLAAF designates:

J-10A
1700155588507.png

J-10AH
1700155424751.png

J-10SH
1700155462140.png

J-10A here as an unofficially called AY
1700155532744.png

J-10B
1700155771258.png

J-10C
1700155822525.png

... and even a PAF J-10CE
1700155938681.png

As such it is no mystery how the PLAAF designates its J-10-series and even if we don't have a official document that mentions the "Ba Yi" J-10s named as J-10CY - in fact they are just Batch 07 J-10C - we know that they are not called J-10D:

1700156153379.png

Quite the contrary. You missed my whole point even though you claimed you understood it despite not agreeing with it. Whether CAC or PLAAF is besides the point, I was referring to an actual NAME of an aircraft and used the Russian ones as an example(s). Many examples as a matter of fact and since Russia has been the US' and NATO's greatest threat and foe, it's slowly but SURELY being replaced by China and it's only a matter of time before they start designating their own silly codenames for Chinese aircraft. When a J-16 is intercepting a Poseidon and coming within 10ft (like the US claimed), it won't be long before they call it the "J-loong" or something along those lines, just like they did with the Russians who finally smarted up and named their latest creation the Checkmate because now that forces any enemy of Russia to use it by its own name and not some made up piece of rubbish that could even be perceived ON PURPOSE as an insult such as the Felon. You see my point?

Or was it that my point expanded on yours regarding the designations of just J-10D then J-10CY similar to the former J-10AY flown by the "Ba Yi and like I mentioned the same thing was discussed regarding the J-20, so there is a correlation. My only hope is the US & NATO don't start pulling off their purposeful shenanigans even insults on Chinese aircraft.

Your initial post, that triggered our friend @Deino, was as always humorous and insightful. Definitely made me chuckle. Our German friend @Deino should be excused for his lack of humor. It’s genetics with the Germans 😂

Your initial post, that triggered our friend @Deino, was as always humorous and insightful. Definitely made me chuckle. Our German friend @Deino should be excused for his lack of humor. It’s genetics with the Germans 😂

It was a joke? :what:

Hey, the whole world knows we Germans have no sense of humor. :omghaha:

In case this was really only meant as a joke and sarcastic, I apologise ...

It was a joke? :what:

Hey, the whole world knows we Germans have no sense of humor. :omghaha:

In case this was really only meant as a joke and sarcastic, I apologise ...

@Gomig-21 asked you few questions out of curiosity, given your extensive knowledge about the Chinese Air Force, but somehow you got ticked off. Not many of us are experts on the Chinese Air Force and when members ask genuine questions, instead of getting ticked off and getting very technical, I think it will help if you take a step back and answer without appearing hostile. I don’t think your aim is to appear hostile but my honest observation is that some of your responses are needlessly very hostile.

Just a friendly advice. Your knowledge of the Chinese Air Force is second to none on the internet, in my opinion and we all benefit from your perspective.

@Falcon26 you are 100% correct on my intentions, and believe me, I walk on eggshells whenever I'm anywhere near the vicinity of @Deino loool. And honestly, I shouldn't have to!

@Deino , please try not to take things I say too seriously even though there is a huge component of truth to what I said, and I apologize if my post was too long. Sometimes it's necessary to get all the points across.

Bottom line, you explained how these new J-10s with the dorsal spine used in demos would typically be the J-10C, instead it seemed to have been designed the J-10CY, right? I referenced the similar thing in the article that @ChineseTiger1986 posted on the J-20 thread when we were comparing the new take-off run of the new WS-15 engines. We were comparing it to the F-119s of the F-22 I'm sure you remember. At the same time, I commented on how they're labeling the j-20 just as it is, and the next model was the J-20A.

Further in the article which made me realize the similarity with what they're designating the J-10 is they also said: "There is no current confirmed designation for the twin-seat J-20, but the “J-20S” and “J-20AS”has been used"

That reminded me of what you just said in this post which started the whole thing:

From my understanding there is still no J-10D and these are called J-10CY similar to the former J-10AY flown by the "Ba Yi"!

Same exact principle, isn't it? Or am I missing something? And just FYI, the rest of my diatribe is exactly what @Falcon26 was alluding to, a bit of levity on a serious subject but holds some pretty serious truth as per the examples I stated. With China becoming the new concern for the US & NATO, they might start coming up with their own silly and even insulting names because the Chinese are not naming them either. If they did like the Berkut and the Checkmate, that would shut the US & NATO completely. Zip them up! That's all.

BTW, I tried really hard to make this post as short as possible. :D I hope it explains where I was coming from.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom