What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

It is the locations of structures that are the issues. Your post shows you know little about this subject. Use the 'Search' feature and learn.

The location of the inlets are in front correct? :cheesy:

The diverterless supersonic inlet avoids a signature problem caused by a conventional boundary layer diverter plate – the F-22 has a conventional inlet, which is likely to require extensive radar absorbent material (RAM) treatment.

J-20's Stealth Signature Poses Interesting Unknowns

Would anyone like to step up to the plate and refute David Fulghum and Bill Sweetman of Aviation Week? :cheesy:

The diverterless supersonic inlet avoids a signature problem caused by a conventional boundary layer diverter plate – the F-22 has a conventional inlet, which is likely to require extensive radar absorbent material (RAM) treatment.

J-20's Stealth Signature Poses Interesting Unknowns

:cheesy:

With a top speed of Mach 1.6, the Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter has an inlet design that is far simpler than that of the Mach 3-plus SR-71; the single-engine JSF inlet cannot vary its geometry. The F-35’s engineers could get away with a less complicated design because at vehicle speeds up to about Mach 2, the shape of the inlet itself can slow down much of the supersonic air before it enters the inlet. The JSF inlet is, however, a breakthrough design: It has no diverters. Traditional fighter inlets, such as those found on the F/A-18 and F-22, have slots, slats, and moving parts to divert or channel airflow. The F-15 inlet has ramps and doors that alter its external and internal shape to adjust airflow as needed.

How Things Work: Supersonic Inlets | Military Aviation | Air & Space Magazine

Yes, the canards are horrible but all the moving control surfaces on the F-22 are just fine. :cheesy:

f2282.jpg
lol :lol:
no boy i would explain u see
the f22 tail fins are more angulated at it's rear end as compare to canard's rear end which help in reflection of radar waves &
gives less backscattering of radar waves as compare to canards
now see the pics
f22tailfins.jpg

& NOW compare it with pakfa
f22pakfa.jpg

& now see the 4th gen fighter tail fins & appreciate the difference
f15f18tailfins.jpg

now i hope u had a fair idea why f22 is designed as a true stealth fighter :lol:

Yes, the canards are horrible but all the moving control surfaces on the F-22 are just fine. :cheesy:

f2282.jpg

With any moving surface there will be edge diffraction, horizontal stabilizers are in the very rear of an aircraft and those sharp points at the end of the wing is where the diffraction occurs. In other words the diffraction occurs behind the aircraft as opposed to in front of it like with canards.

With any moving surface there will be edge diffraction, horizontal stabilizers are in the very rear of an aircraft and those sharp points at the end of the wing is where the diffraction occurs. In other words the diffraction occurs behind the aircraft as opposed to in front of it like with canards.

Edge diffraction happens at leading edges of the horizontal stabilizer as well. It doesn't just conveniently go out the back into space like you would like it to every time.

Edge diffraction happens at leading edges of the horizontal stabilizer as well. It doesn't just conveniently go out the back into space like you would like it to every time.

Wrong, a swept wing will direct EM energy outwards. The only way diffraction can happen on a wing is if the trailing edge has cavities or the trailing edge is not swept, thus the junction between the wing and slat causes diffraction.

Take a look:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...IQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGXbLcWPYm8QpRaWye6RbWyAGpSBA

Swept edges on a trailing edge wing edge can direct the transmitted energy away from the direction of the threat.

In a traditional wing diffraction may occur in the places I mentioned as well as the wing tips. The sharp edges you see on ‘stealth’ aircraft such as the B-2 is to direct energy from that one point.

Like this:

Take a look:

In a traditional wing diffraction may occur in the places I mentioned as well as the wing tips. The sharp edges you see on ‘stealth’ aircraft such as the B-2 is to direct energy from that one point.

Like this:

correct thats what, is seen in case of F22 tailfins or horizontal stabilizers as they are angulated
f22tailfins.jpg

When you guys get tired of going over the same old topics again and again, I will consider exploring new issues such as China's ability to detect stealth fighters. As usual, I will include citations and logical reasoning.

I have difficulty understanding why you guys like to keep repeating yourself. I have seen the same arguments over and over again. Don't you guys ever get tired of it?

Also, it is disturbing that some of you anti-Chinese members seem to have a dysfunctional interest in turning this thread into your private chat. Most of your posts have no information content and drown out the useful posts.

Anyway, you seem to enjoy hearing yourself talk anti-China trash. I'll come back in three to six months and discuss China's stealth detection capabilities.

In the meantime, look for my post on the Chinese version of the P-3 Orion this weekend.

When you guys get tired of going over the same old topics again and again, I will consider exploring new issues such as China's ability to detect stealth fighters. As usual, I will include citations and logical reasoning.

I have difficulty understanding why you guys like to keep repeating yourself. I have seen the same arguments over and over again. Don't you guys ever get tired of it?

Also, it is disturbing that some of you anti-Chinese members seem to have a dysfunctional interest in turning this thread into your private chat. Most of your posts have no information content and drown out the useful posts.

Anyway, you seem to enjoy your hearing yourself talk anti-China trash. I'll come back in three to six months and discuss China's stealth detection capabilities.

In the meantime, look for my post on the Chinese version of the P-3 Orion this weekend.
No...It is YOU who have been rehashing the same old debunked crap over and over. And if you really have anything new to tell us on how to detect 'stealth', you would have said so by now.

Let us see what you got...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...t-step-processor-evolution-4.html#post2513340

I doubt you would understand even half of what I said there.

Back
Top Bottom