What's new

China $700 billion water diversion project benefits over 100 million people

Well I think they aren’t used to people saying things that fall outside the party line so when people do they assume it MUST be from one of their sworn enemies or something.

To be fair, it's not that bad in their domestic forums. Sure there are name callings as well, but not as bad as here. They are generally much better behaved and I learnt a lot of stuff there as well.
Maybe the comments are up-voted so they are of better-quality.
Or maybe they know they are all Chinese and they are able to argue it out truthfully.

But in English language forums they know they are representing China, so they get all defensive against any alternative views.
I put the blame on the Great Firewall, which limits everyday interactions with foreigners on the internet so they get all stereotypical of foreigners. Different views? Oh, you must be the typical foreigner brainwashed by anti-China media! You must be for or against me!

That's more like a regional water channel like the video below where in China provinces, cities and villages do by themselves mostly, not a national level project. This one only runs within Shaanxi province.

Nice. This is the GoI’s plan. Although due to a lack of funds and political willpower it keeps getting delayed

1_NWDA_India_River_Inter-Linking_Project_Himalayan_and_Peninsular_Components.png

Only one (the video I posted before) has been linked so far

So how did I badmouth China here? By talking about the possibility of implementing water recycling technologies in Beijing? Because discussing about the environmental impacts?
The discussion is getting along fine with JSCh and hiseen, until your fellow compatriot goes around attacking other people's races when it's not even relevant.

It's some of you guys who are so narrow-minded and ultra-sensitive that any alternative view must be viewed as 'anti-China', and in this case, an Indian. You obviously know it's untrue, and such behavior simply reflects your reputation badly. So? Ask yourself, if you're a foreigner who do you think is actually damaging China's reputation here?
I was not talking about this particular thread, just as I asked you, we all know how many of your posts are trying to put China in a bad light so all Chinese posters don't like you, we are not narrow minded, you are, cause you always try to cut down China, if your posts about China are half of half positive and negative, Chinese posters wouldn't be hostile to you everytime they see you, even your fellow Singaporean posters don't like you here, so it's not only Chinese posters, everything happens for a reason.

If you are speaking with an independent opinion you are falling outside the Borg Collective and that makes you the enemy.
If your independent opinions are all about disparaging another country, would you expect warm welcome and friendly tone from people of that country?

To be fair, it's not that bad in their domestic forums. Sure there are name callings as well, but not as bad as here. They are generally much better behaved and I learnt a lot of stuff there as well.
Maybe the comments are up-voted so they are of better-quality.
Or maybe they know they are all Chinese and they are able to argue it out truthfully.

But in English language forums they know they are representing China, so they get all defensive against any alternative views.
I put the blame on the Great Firewall, which limits everyday interactions with foreigners on the internet so they get all stereotypical of foreigners. Different views? Oh, you must be the typical foreigner brainwashed by anti-China media! You must be for or against me!
How many non Chinese posters are in PDF? How many are we hostile to? We are very nice to all Singaporean posters here but you , did you ever try to think about the reason?

Indeed there's a geopolitical aspect to it; Singapore once threatened to invade Malaysia if they cut off our water supply.

But my point is, with increasing urbanization it becomes possible to leverage on water technologies. And Beijing, which is highly urbanized and wealthy, is suitable. Israel for example treats 90% of its sewage water.

Most importantly water recycling is virtually unlimited and climate-resistant. The only limit is plant capacity and cost efficiency, which I think will continue to improve as water technologies advance.
Huge water diversions aren't exactly cheap anyway, and it involves the relocation of thousands of families and unknown environmental impact. As a foreigner I don't know what's the impact as the water diversion goes largely unreported, so I'm just wondering if it's possible for water technologies to replace such mammoth engineering in the near future at least in the cities.
Water recycling is also a good method. I said that "the only way" should be to add "the most basic" because water recycling can only solve local problems, just as globally, you can't expect water recycling to solve the fundamental problem of water shortage in the deserts of Africa, and Middle East .

even your fellow Singaporean posters don't like you here

We are very nice to all Singaporean posters here but you

You mean the posters going around yapping about '86 IQ' and 'Agent Orange' or the guy posting pictures of Vietnamese women in a disparaging manner?

I don't like their behavior and I put them down as well, so I'm anti-Singapore like how I'm 'anti-China' now?

Now, am I targeting a specific country or a specific behavior?

we all know how many of your posts are trying to put China in a bad light

Like what? My posts over the past few months are mainly focused on the US-China trade war.
Maintaining the position that China has more to suffer in the trade war, is that 'putting China in a bad light'?

I post with facts and figures, and posters can simply rebut me and attack my argument if they disagree.

Have you seen me insult Chinese posters who are putting a legitimate argument?
Have you seen me derail threads with insults on gender, race, IQ and skin color?
Have you seen me post pictures of Chinese women working in Singapore or laughing at fake vaccines or whatever; posts which aim not to add enlightenment but to mock?

Have I insulted you before?

I have nothing to say if you prefer posters who behave immaturely simply because they side with China.

Believe it or not, such posters are the one 'putting China in a bad light'. Take a read at this thread.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/hund...ijing-backed-power-plant-near-d.623971/page-4

Yes, let's get on with the argument.

You mean the posters going around yapping about '86 IQ' and 'Agent Orange' or the guy posting pictures of Vietnamese women in a disparaging manner?
I don't know what you are talking about, you mean I posted those stuff? then you are targetting the wrong person, are you trying to generalise all the Chinese posters like that? but all Chinese posters don't like you, we don't hold this hostility to other posters from your country or other neutral countries, why?

Like what? My posts over the past few months are mainly focused on the US-China trade war.
Maintaining the position that China has more to suffer in the trade war, is that 'putting China in a bad light'?

I post with facts and figures, and posters can simply rebut me and attack my argument if they disagree.

Have you seen me insult Chinese posters who are putting a legitimate argument?
Have you seen me derail threads with insults on gender, race, IQ and skin color?
Have you seen me post pictures of Chinese women working in Singapore or laughing at fake vaccines or whatever; posts which aim not to add enlightenment but to mock?
You talked mainly negative views about China long before this ongoing trade war, if you really only do what you claimed what you've been doing, why most Chinese don't like you, Chinese posters are mostly neutral to most non Chinese posters here, what did you do to incur this hostility?

Water recycling is also a good method. I said that "the only way" should be to add "the most basic" because water recycling can only solve local problems, just as globally, you can't expect water recycling to solve the fundamental problem of water shortage in the deserts of Africa, and Middle East .

Yeah. This is why I think water technologies can alleviate the situation in an urbanizing China.

Places like Africa are too poor at the moment to afford such technologies.

In the Middle-East, Israel is using water technologies even for agriculture. I was surprised when I go to the supermarket and see so many fruits imported from Israel, a country lacking in land and water! And they are quite price-competitive, which means their water is produced cost-efficiently. They are probably among the most advanced in this area.

I don't know what you are talking about, you mean I posted those stuff?

I'm referring to my fellow Singaporean posters which you claim Chinese posters are nice to:
We are very nice to all Singaporean posters here but you

/

You talked mainly negative views about China long before this ongoing trade war

Like what, really? Are they unfounded allegations or insults? List them out.

Like what, really? Are they unfounded allegations or insults? List them out.
Almost all Chinese related threads you joined and discussed, you always tried to put a negative spin on or discredit China more or less, deny it as you will, we all know that's true.

Almost all Chinese related threads you joined and discussed, you always tried to put a negative spin on or discredit China more or less, deny it as you will, we all know that's true.

Show me. Are they unfounded?

Show me. Are they unfounded?
I know you will deny it, all Chinese posters don't like you for a reason, no one would randomly dislike random poster, you always try to discredit whatever China did and achieved, people who are familiar with your posts all know that, one of us is a liar and I don't think it's me.

I know you will deny it, all Chinese posters don't like you for a reason, no one would randomly dislike random poster, you always try to discredit whatever China did and achieved, people who are familiar with your posts all know that, one of us is a liar and I don't think it's me.

Look, you accused me of being anti-China but you can't back it up. Whatever I post, are they unfounded and insulting? I just took a random quick look at my post history and I can easily find different posts from what you're portraying me to be.

Am I anti-Singapore and pro-China here?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/asia...-global-business-center.611602/#post-11338048

Am I anti-US and pro-China here?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/behi...lie-the-thucydides-trap.614501/#post-11385457

Anti-India?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/why-is-china-still-a-developing-country.562033/#post-10542454

Pro-China?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...ollapse-of-china-theory.598659/#post-11126161
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chin...ngapore-and-way-forward.589054/#post-10975918

Look, you accused me of being anti-China but you can't back it up. Whatever I post, are they unfounded and insulting? I just took a random quick look at my post history and I can easily find different posts from what you're portraying me to be.

Am I anti-Singapore and pro-China here?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/asia...-global-business-center.611602/#post-11338048

Am I anti-US and pro-China here?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/behi...lie-the-thucydides-trap.614501/#post-11385457

Anti-India?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/why-is-china-still-a-developing-country.562033/#post-10542454

Pro-China?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...ollapse-of-china-theory.598659/#post-11126161
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chin...ngapore-and-way-forward.589054/#post-10975918
You can deny it but tell me why most if not all Chinese posters don't like you but not everyone else?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom