What's new

China a bigger threat than Pakistan: IAF chief

Fat man 17 YOUR WRONG ABOUT aIR BASES.

IAF has 60 bases. Only half of these are for use in a indo pak War.

The main point of the INDIAN ACM is correct PLAAF is and will be a far more formidable air power then PAF could ever hope to be.

From IAF ACM point of veiw IAF must be ready to match that air threat

That means more SU30MKI new MRCA(F18/Typhoons) LCA & PAK FA for the future. India cannot rest on its laurels massive investment is needed and the ACM wants to ensure he gets the funding for all of the above over the next decade.

There is already a thread running in the Indian Military Section. I request the moderators to merge both the threads.

This is called a peaceful nation.:rofl:

The best way to get more funding is to scare the **** out of your people, especially the politicians, thats what the Pentagon does, and that is what Mr. airchief here is doing.:cheesy:

Well, this reminds me about Indian boost in their defence budgets, always after some terrorist attack, take for instance first in the attack on Indian parliament, it was responded by a hike in defence budget, then last year after the mumbai attacks again a hike in the defence budget, makes me think who would have carried out these attacks on india, so the defence budget could be increased.:what:

Yeah, Mr. airchief you better live in peace, no matter how much military muscle you built up, you always have the threat of nukes, either be it China or Pakistan.

I hope the world can really see, who starts a new arms race in South-east Asia always, and they blame us.:crazy:

Goodluck with your new toys, be it f-18's or typhoons, or lca, pak-fa!

originally posted by FATMAN
very surprising indeed as the majority of IAF bases are located along pakistan's eastern border!?!

lolz!

a nice thought sir! i would love to see some indian members answer to this post!
as a matter of fact, the only thing is that indians wanna show that they are on par with the chines, comparable to chines and pakistan is just nothing for them!
but for you people! when the time come you will see who is the actual threat!

Fat man 17 YOUR WRONG ABOUT aIR BASES.

IAF has 60 bases. Only half of these are for use in a indo pak War.

The main point of the INDIAN ACM is correct PLAAF is and will be a far more formidable air power then PAF could ever hope to be.

well brother this is the same point made by fatman is you can again read the post! out of 60 bases half are for pakistan and other half is for rest of the border which is almost four times larger from border with Pakistan so the statement by fat man saying

very surprising indeed as the majority of IAF bases are located along pakistan's eastern border!?!
is very true!

regards!

Nice point.

But isnt that everytime there has been escalation of hostilities between us, PAF has been the first to do pre-emptive strikes? Considering this, more bases along Indo-pak kind of makes sense. What do you think?

Correct me if I am wrong. The Chinese dont have many such bases along the Indo-Tibet border. Added to this, their fighters dont have the range to cross Tibet and engage in air battles and then return back. That would be suicidal for them. (I read that somewhere, dont recollect where). Anyways, India has radar installations along the Indo-tibet/China border monitoring any incoming threats. Considering these points, IAF deploys M2Ks, Mig-29s and MKIs along that border, which do have formidable range and can engage Chinese planes in Tibet and can return back safely. I am talking about logistics/tactics and not results of an actual air combat.

This is called a peaceful nation.:rofl:

The best way to get more funding is to scare the **** out of your people, especially the politicians, thats what the Pentagon does, and that is what Mr. airchief here is doing.:cheesy:

Considering your own logic, isnt that what the Pak army does? The constant threat of an Indian aggression - the quintessential enemy, the threat of Islamic fundamentalists aka Taliban taking over in Pakistan. Isnt this what your army says to get more money from the US? Fear mongering - nothing new to that, everyone does it.

Well, this reminds me about Indian boost in their defence budgets, always after some terrorist attack, take for instance first in the attack on Indian parliament, it was responded by a hike in defence budget, then last year after the mumbai attacks again a hike in the defence budget, makes me think who would have carried out these attacks on india, so the defence budget could be increased.:what:

Interesting that you mean to implicate that Mumbai attacks were an insider job to get more defense funding. Following on your own logic, then apparently the so called Taliban threat in NWFP, and the Baloach insurgency must be a creation of the Pak army/agencies to get more money out of US govt., so that you can buy more military hardware in the vain attempt to upstage Indian defense expenditure.

edit: No offense to the brave Pakistani souls who are fighting the fundamentalist scumbags to make life better and safe to the ordinary citizens. ITs as much a threat/menace to Pakistan as it is to India (that includes our Hindu fundamentalists too). I sincerely hope that those douchebags are wiped from the face of the Earth.

Last edited:
Pakistan has already tasted the so-called friendship of America; we know them pretty well; time for the indians to check it out for themselves. There was a time when the Pak-America friendship was dubbed "Higher than the Himalayas"; that took us to a never ending abyss; good to see the indians following the same path :enjoy: :devil:

At least the chinese are faithful partners; although they have regional interests in friendship with Pakistan; but hey; its all in national interest; and Pakistan loves it :pakistan: :china:

Interesting that you mean to implicate that Mumbai attacks were an insider job to get more defense funding. Following on your own logic, then apparently the so called Taliban threat in NWFP, and the Baloach insurgency must be a creation of the Pak army/agencies to get more money out of US govt., so that you can buy more military hardware in the vain attempt to upstage Indian defense expenditure.

Army doesnot get any money from US, it is the military hardware for e.g. heli's, and training, that they provide to the army, if you think that we need US cash to get rid of maniacs in our territory then you are wrong.

If you think as you just said that we raised baloch insurgency and taliban to get more war funding from US, then again you are wrong.

Well, you see, Baloch insurgency is something very complicated, they have lot of factions, some fight Pakistan because they are funded by other Nations, others fight for there rights!

As far as the taliban in NWFP are concerned, it is proven that they were raised to fight aginst USSR using American money and our institutions but as soon as the war was over, so they had nothing to do, and came back and settled here in NWFP, but an important thing to remember is, they were not active like they are today, which again my friend as ISPR has been saying in their media briefings that they are funded by external power's and also weapons are quite advanced, and they have sophisticated communication equipment which a guy with deep pockets can only buy!

So, this is a war which is being fought with some external power's motive against Pskistan in it's own territory, using insurgents purchased using heavy cash!

As far as your point of funding of our army is concerned, they donot go asking for aid, it is politicians and there lunacy that drives them for aid, anyone here and in Pakistan is against the aid of Western Nations, but Mr. 10% Government keeps on begging, the only way they will be stopped is when they lose their power, i.e. when the new Government comes in!

Also, just think if mumbai was not as inside job, then where was your super navy who couldn't even manage to detect these 10 gunmen which set-off from Karachi all the way to Mumbai!

My, friend if I'm not wrong the distance is more than 500 km's from Karachi to mumbai, just think where was your navy, and airforce why did they not see this grave threat coming to their shore???

So, in conclusion, yes, there was inside help in mumbai case, every one will agree with this!

Nice point.

But isnt that everytime there has been escalation of hostilities between us, PAF has been the first to do pre-emptive strikes? Considering this, more bases along Indo-pak kind of makes sense. What do you think?

if true this mean that pakistan is a real threat to india as chines have never been indulged in pre-emptive strikes in india! if agreed upon this statement it ends the disscussion here and now!

Added to this, their fighters dont have the range to cross Tibet and engage in air battles and then return back. That would be suicidal for them.
agin if this part is considered true it end the disscussion as it shows that chines airforce posses NO threat to IAF since they cannot even come near them! :woot:

Considering these points, IAF deploys M2Ks, Mig-29s and MKIs along that border, which do have formidable range and can engage Chinese planes in Tibet and can return back safely
dude what are you saying :what:
airforce of both these countries is largely based on russian technology, particularly the indian who are almost 100% russian made! for the flankers how come you conclude that an indian Su27 can cross tibet to engage chines but a chines cannot cross it :rofl:, also even the J11 is a heavily upgraded Su27! :crazy:

dear you must think atleast once about the sense the material you post makes!!

India ups vigil on China border
Nitin Gokhale, Tuesday May 26, 2009, New Delhi

It now seems clear that India is slowly but surely being surrounded by China with the growing influence that the Chinese have in each of India's neighbours -- Pakistan, Nepal, Burma and now even Sri Lanka.

Clearly concerned about being encircled NDTV has exclusive information that India is to send another 40,000 troops to the India-China border.

After downplaying the China threat for years, the government is now decided to raise additional fighting formations to meet any eventuality and to improve the infrastructure in the areas bordering China.

India increases troops:

* Two new divisions (40,000 troops)
* Artillery brigade, 9 airstrips
* Military's assessment: China is India's greatest threat
* India wants to match China's forces
* Cost: Rs 5,000 crores

India is increasing the number of troops on the border with China in Arunachal Pradesh. NDTV has learnt that two mountain divisions, that is, 40,000 troops will be recruited over the next two years.

It's a huge step that New Delhi has taken and reflects the military's view that China is India's greatest threat.

Deploying more troops is being seen as an assertion by India that Arunachal Pradesh is not a part of China as Beijing claims.

So, why has this been done?

India wants to match China's forces. Sources say there's an urgency to match China's massive military presence across the border estimated at 3 lakh troops. After this, in Arunachal alone India will have about 1 lakh soldiers. This plan implementation will cost the government Rs 5,000 crore.

India ups vigil on China border

Pakistan has been the traditional enemy no 1. However now, with different growth scales of economy and military, it no longer is.

There was a completely defensive attitude against China, even bordering blindness regarding threat posed by China. Now however, things seem to be changing. You can subtly see the shift of focus to China.

This is very sad sometime when I think about this whole issue of India and Pakistan. Who is better, who can do what etc. Few years back we all were best friends (before Mumbai attack) we can easily go to each others country, we were sharing and enjoying good friendship. I live in USA and I work with lots Indian coworkers. But we never got to any argument about India vs Pakistan. Actually they become such a nice friend of mine that I can’t even explain. And I think they think about me in the same way too. We share our thoughts and listen to each other but not to that extent where it becomes agenda. But honestly I believe that there is someone out there who really do not want Pakistan and India to have good relationship. I don’t know is relationshop ko kis ki nazar lag gai. May God bless us and remove the tension between India and Pakistan

Simply put, if India caters for a chinese threat, Pk gets catered for automatically.

Yeah, Mr. airchief you better live in peace, no matter how much military muscle you built up, you always have the threat of nukes, either be it China or Pakistan.

Beside all the baby talks that happen in these threads, importance is also if India start spending money on defense spending, what happens that the neighbors correlate equally in there powers. Then the game becomes more of financial, which becomes advantages on the primary doer. A case in point when the US, under Ronald Reagan, started the star wars program, which led the Russiansian to ensue. And you know what happen after.

Back
Top Bottom